You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Good news. Spoke to the Doctor and the cancer had not spread as far as they had thought, the tissue was inflamed not cancerous. The cancer has been downgraded from 3 to 2 and she may not need Chemotherapy but will have Radiotherapy. Thanks again for all the kind words people. Love you all.

Great news.

• Upvote 1

My missus is still in the Royal, eventually they have started draining the urine from her stomach. Her op was three weeks today, she won’t Skype me because she is embarrassed about how she looks, she could look like Quasimodo and I’d still love her. She is a glamour pus so at least she is feeling vain again haha.

• Upvote 10

22 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My missus is still in the Royal, eventually they have started draining the urine from her stomach. Her op was three weeks today, she won’t Skype me because she is embarrassed about how she looks, she could look like Quasimodo and I’d still love her. She is a glamour pus so at least she is feeling vain again haha.

My mum is similar in terms of appearance. She is on steroids and her neck has swollen. She is really conscious of it when she shouldn't be at all. 

Last Monday the Macmillan Nurse rang and told her to reduce her steroid tablets from 4 to 2. My mum deteriorated within days, zero energy at all couldn't even get the strength to send a text. Only Sunday did the nurse say go back to 4 a day. went round last night and she said she is already feeling a bit better as in she could lift her arms but fuck me I'm fucking they made the decision to reduce them. My step-dad asked the nurse whose decision it was, she said hers (Not a Doctors) and he had a bit of a go at her. Same nurse is meant to be round the house every week to check on her and hasn't been once. keep asking my mum over the phone how she is feeling. My mums stubborn so just keeps saying she feels fine. She isn't fine. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

My mum is similar in terms of appearance. She is on steroids and her neck has swollen. She is really conscious of it when she shouldn't be at all. 

Last Monday the Macmillan Nurse rang and told her to reduce her steroid tablets from 4 to 2. My mum deteriorated within days, zero energy at all couldn't even get the strength to send a text. Only Sunday did the nurse say go back to 4 a day. went round last night and she said she is already feeling a bit better as in she could lift her arms but fuck me I'm fucking they made the decision to reduce them. My step-dad asked the nurse whose decision it was, she said hers (Not a Doctors) and he had a bit of a go at her. Same nurse is meant to be round the house every week to check on her and hasn't been once. keep asking my mum over the phone how she is feeling. My mums stubborn so just keeps saying she feels fine. She isn't fine. 

Stay strong mate women are tougher with this stuff, my mam was great going through it my arl fella no use. If he has a cold he’s ‘ incredibly ill ‘ the daft fucker.

16 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Stay strong mate women are tougher with this stuff, my mam was great going through it my arl fella no use. If he has a cold he’s ‘ incredibly ill ‘ the daft fucker.

True mate they are, you too fella 

• Upvote 1

On 13/08/2020 at 12:25, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Good news. Spoke to the Doctor and the cancer had not spread as far as they had thought, the tissue was inflamed not cancerous. The cancer has been downgraded from 3 to 2 and she may not need Chemotherapy but will have Radiotherapy. Thanks again for all the kind words people. Love you all.

fucking brilliant news that. even if she has to go through chemo, hopefully it's just for a wash to make sure she's clear and a little bit of the cunt isn't left around. 

• Upvote 1

Just got the news that my dad's Lymphoma has officially spun out of control.

They're stopping all treatment apart from palliative care... no news on how long he's got, I'll find out tomorrow

Whilst it's pretty much expected I find myself devastated... think that's the right word

2020 truly is the worst year

• Like 1
  • Upvote 16

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

They're stopping all treatment apart from palliative care... no news on how long he's got, I'll find out tomorrow

Whilst it's pretty much expected I find myself devastated... think that's the right word

Gutted for you mate. 

2 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Gutted for you mate. Her Indoors is on remission from that and it is generally considered curable.

All the best and don't give up hope.

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Really sorry to hear this mate. No words other than I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Matty. Inbox open as always. 

2 hours ago, mattyq said:

terrible news. best wishes fella. 

3 hours ago, mattyq said:

Fucking hell mate. Sorry to hear this. 

Oh, god, I’m just getting my head round Verbal and Stig’s situations and then Matty too. Maybe it was that programme about dementia I was just watching but I’m choked. My heart goes out to you all. Look after them and look after yourselves xxx

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mattyq said:

So sorry mate. Stay strong fella x

My mam entered end of life care yesterday. Bed downstairs etc. They are saying days. Spent most of yesterday there, she is clearly in pain and feeling a bit humiliated by it all but fuck me still sharp as a razor. I insisted on some music on so someone put heart 80's classics on. Gold came on and I was stood by her and went "who sings this then?" obvious question and I was just seeing if she was awake anyway and she went "Human League" before I had a chance to skit her she went "you soft twat" smiled then went back to dribbling like a divvy. I walked out the room telling everyone she is on a wind-up and milking it the lazy bitch. 

Heartbreaking though. Off down again for the day and I just cant be arsed standing around waiting for her to pass away. Me and our kid are gonna pop round my dads for the Celtic game (its only up the road) and leave the vigil squad too it. I don't know if thats heartless but my mum was fuming so many people kept going and going yesterday. As if she knows the doctor and district nurses have told us something different to her. I genuinely don't know how to feel. Part of me wants to just lock myself in a room and scream the house down but the other side is just carrying on as if it's all gonna be ok. 

The band semi's might have to wait until tomorrow. I will pass on how much of an inconvenience she is being. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 17

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My mam entered end of life care yesterday. Bed downstairs etc. They are saying days. Spent most of yesterday there, she is clearly in pain and feeling a bit humiliated by it all but fuck me still sharp as a razor. I insisted on some music on so someone put heart 80's classics on. Gold came on and I was stood by her and went "who sings this then?" obvious question and I was just seeing if she was awake anyway and she went "Human League" before I had a chance to skit her she went "you soft twat" smiled then went back to dribbling like a divvy. I walked out the room telling everyone she is on a wind-up and milking it the lazy bitch. 

Heartbreaking though. Off down again for the day and I just cant be arsed standing around waiting for her to pass away. Me and our kid are gonna pop round my dads for the Celtic game (its only up the road) and leave the vigil squad too it. I don't know if thats heartless but my mum was fuming so many people kept going and going yesterday. As if she knows the doctor and district nurses have told us something different to her. I genuinely don't know how to feel. Part of me wants to just lock myself in a room and scream the house down but the other side is just carrying on as if it's all gonna be ok. 

The band semi's might have to wait until tomorrow. I will pass on how much of an inconvenience she is being. 

Just read your post.

I really feel for you and know exactly how you feel from when I was in a similar position with my Dad.

Being the eldest of three and having two younger sisters I tried to protect them as well as my Mum who was completely shell shocked.

I know you don't know me from Adam, but if you don't mind some friendly advice from a stranger, take some time for yourself.

Lock yourself in that room and scream if you need to.

It's a pressure release valve, and then do what you have to do.

There is no right or wrong way to feel.

I wish you well Mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Just read your post.

I really feel for you and know exactly how you feel from when I was in a similar position with my Dad.

Being the eldest of three and having two younger sisters I tried to protect them as well as my Mum who was completely shell shocked.

I know you don't know me from Adam, but if you don't mind some friendly advice from a stranger, take some time for yourself.

Lock yourself in that room and scream if you need to.

It's a pressure release valve, and then do what you have to do.

There is no right or wrong way to feel.

I wish you well Mate.

Thanks mate. Means a lot x sorry about what you went through. 

Just come out to the garden for some fresh air. Morbid in there. Everyone half in silence then making silly small talk. I’m gonna throw ac/dc on and start spraying ale everywhere in a minute. 

I’ve just hung the washing out for them and was ha hung up a pair of my mums pyjamas and it kind of hit me then. Had to fight back a bit because I’m the eldest too and don’t want anyone seeing me weak because people are in the verge of breaking down. 

She’s not in pain apparently. Nurses have not long gone so she is all morphined up. I’m using this as a sounding board so sorry if I’m being drippy.