You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

If you would like to of course it is, they're an incredible organisation.

And another thing, don't you know anything about fundraising? Never pass up an opportunity to spread the word.

Or to remind people that hospices are entirely dependent on collecting such as this to do their amazing work? Do not even get me started on how wrong that is. And if people choose not to support your local hospice just speaking about it may cause them to give money to one in their local area. To support you or someone you know and their loved ones to have a better death

She was going to turn him wearing her continence pants!

So when you said 'nice' you meant gay? Brings out the flirt in us

Edit. Resists tasteless remark about those incontinence pads

So sorry to hear about your loss, Col. Been praying for you and asking God to give you peace as you remember your beautiful wife. 

Cancer is a bad deal and it affects so many people. A good friend of ours has only been given a few days left to live. Her last wish was to see her daughter graduate from college. That's in two weeks and the doctors have said that she probably won't make it. We were all gutted, and then we had the idea to contact representatives at the college (Indiana University) to explain the situation, and to their credit they are sending someone up here for a ceremony tomorrow, which will take place in the chapel at the hospice where our friend is.

She will see her daughter graduate after all, cap, gown and diploma. Word is spreading and there will be a good crowd there tomorrow to show their love and support. 

We had the graduation ceremony on Saturday. It was a special occasion. One of the traditions at IU (Indiana University) is for the person who is graduating to present the stole (part of the academic vestment for the uninitiated) to someone else. This is a sign of gratitude and respect. When you pass your stole on to someone else it communicates, "I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you." 

Needless to say, our friend received the stole from her daughter. It was a wonderful moment. She was there in the hospice chapel in her bed, but the daughter came over and presented this. It was a life enhancing moment and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. 

This afternoon I was at the hospice when she died. I had the privilege of reading scripture and praying with the family. There was a lot of love in that room when she died. Sadness too. But also faith and hope.   

• Upvote 17

We had the graduation ceremony on Saturday. It was a special occasion. One of the traditions at IU (Indiana University) is for the person who is graduating to present the stole (part of the academic vestment for the uninitiated) to someone else. This is a sign of gratitude and respect. When you pass your stole on to someone else it communicates, "I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you." 

Needless to say, our friend received the stole from her daughter. It was a wonderful moment. She was there in the hospice chapel in her bed, but the daughter came over and presented this. It was a life enhancing moment and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. 

This afternoon I was at the hospice when she died. I had the privilege of reading scripture and praying with the family. There was a lot of love in that room when she died. Sadness too. But also faith and hope.

I've no faith but that's very moving mate.

You're a good 'un mate.