You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

dont know if it means anything, hope to god it does, but as i am catching up on this the radio is on and Bon Jovi on with "Keep the Faith" hope it goes well for you mate, really do, fingers and everything else crossed hoping you get some good news soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Carly will be discharged on Wednesday.

She still hasn't recovered from the op yet despite having been in hospital a month due to the extensivness of the surgery but we've arranged to have a hospital bed at her folks so she can at least get out.

Still a long, long way to go but a great first step.

She'll get to see Milo too for the first time in a month and she's far more excited about that than seeing anyone else!

• 1 month later...

The bird has been diagnosed with bowel cancer.

A year ago the wife was first diagnosed, it feels like ten years the amount that's happened in that time.

Diagnosed

Told its terminal

Got engaged

Got married

2 night honeymoon

3 months chemo

5 weeks daily radiotherapy

5 weeks daily tablet chemo

5 blood transfusions

Told they'll operate and hope for it to be curative

Told they couldn't cure it and its still terminal

Needs second op to clear infection and repair stitches

Spend a week in intensive care

Spend another month in hospital

6 other hospital admissions

Made funeral arrangements

Organised a will and who's having wedding jewellery

First trip out other than to hospital for 4 months and we went to the zoo last week

Gets admitted to hospital again Wednesday

And she still finds time to bust my balls!

I love her.

• Upvote 4

Seriously mate your an amazing person for being so strong about it all sounds like youve been under so much stress.  Its just a shame it takes something like what your going through to make people apreciate what theyve got. And more people cant be like yourself.

Can't argue with that. Can't even start to imagine what it's like.

Have a mate who's had two seperate operations within the space of 12 months to remove a brain tumor, which returned. Credit to him, he's just returned to playing football for the team I run..........

His missus at the time of the first op, had just lost her mum (to cancer), had just given birth, and then had to cope with him being in a life or death op, and she was just amazing. Fuck knows how I would have coped. 

My wifes family (a close knit group) her cousins wife, 2 girls 7 and 5 had breat cancer for the second time. Told was terminal 3 years ago. She has been the face of breat cancer since. Got admitted into hospital last week with Liver pains.

Been moved to hospice 2 days ago. Her husband lost his dad to cancer (pancrease, gone within 2 weeks of diagnose)

I have no idea how painful it must have been for her cousin to have to tell his two daughters their mum is about to die.

14 and a half days without a fag for me too. I don't want that to have to be my girls.

A year ago the wife was first diagnosed, it feels like ten years the amount that's happened in that time.

Diagnosed

Told its terminal

Got engaged

Got married

2 night honeymoon

3 months chemo

5 weeks daily radiotherapy

5 weeks daily tablet chemo

5 blood transfusions

Told they'll operate and hope for it to be curative

Told they couldn't cure it and its still terminal

Needs second op to clear infection and repair stitches

Spend a week in intensive care

Spend another month in hospital

6 other hospital admissions

Made funeral arrangements

Organised a will and who's having wedding jewellery

First trip out other than to hospital for 4 months and we went to the zoo last week

Gets admitted to hospital again Wednesday

And she still finds time to bust my balls!

I love her.

You forgot the mad bitch

I tried to think of something comforting to say, but all I could come up with is "Ah fuck." So I'll echo Arthur's words. It isn't the quantity of life that matters, it's the quality, and you and Carly have packed more love into your lives than most people will ever.experience.

It's a funny thing, the internet. Most of us only know each other from the GF, but I've been more affected by this than anything else I've ever seen on the net. You and Carly aren't strangers to me anymore. You're friends, and I'm proud to say that.

• Upvote 3

Stalker

Writing the victim impact statement for when stalker goes to court

Deciding she wants DNR on her medical notes

Pricing up Dignitas

It's appropriate we call you Lifey.

Because you and your missus seem to be very good at simply getting on with Life.

I admire your straightforward, uncomplicated strength.

• Upvote 1

Stalker

Writing the victim impact statement for when stalker goes to court

Deciding she wants DNR on her medical notes

Pricing up Dignitas

Of course you didn't forget her....and all the countless other things that have happened that we will never know.

I'm just so sorry, mate

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...