You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Captain

"The media love anyone English. Like Redknapp."

"Worst United team ever, the rest of the league bottle it when they play them. They didn't deserve the title. Or to reach yet another European Cup final"

"We were brilliantly clever selling Torres when we did"

"English players are all rubbish"

"Bring on Benayoun for Lampard"

"Chelsea are fucking shit. Ancelotti's a cunt. Blah blah blah"

I reckon you're right in what you're saying there. All apart from the "media love anyone English" as being the usual bullshit.

Alot of the mainstream English media are some of the most xenophobic fucks around. And even when they do find someone foreign they love its a cunt like Maureen.

And they do love Redknapp, they practically suck his cock on each and every occasion they can.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more gutted than I thought I would be tbh, Utd with the most titles. It won't do. They'll win it next season as well.

Not just next season. Barring a calamity at United in the next year or two, I can see them winning at least 3 in the next 5 seasons. Chelsea need to rebuild. Arsenal need the same too and not sure if stubborn Wenger will do that. City, if they get someone like Mourinho they will be up there but if they stick with Mancini they will be shit and hot again.

It fucking hurts to even think like that.

I just hope and pray we get our shit together so we can at least put up a challenge in next 2-3 years.

I don't know. It depends on so many factors. I wouldn't say they were so far ahead of everyone that it's a given.

I think they have the best squad, albeit that's up for debate, but they have the best manager and they're light years ahead with mentality. My only hope is that a fair few of their greats are getting very old now. Still reckon they'll win it again next season though.

Not just next season. Barring a calamity at United in the next year or two, I can see them winning at least 3 in the next 5 seasons. Chelsea need to rebuild. Arsenal need the same too and not sure if stubborn Wenger will do that. City, if they get someone like Mourinho they will be up there but if they stick with Mancini they will be shit and hot again.

It fucking hurts to even think like that.

I just hope and pray we get our shit together so we can at least put up a challenge in next 2-3 years.

I agree with your point about City. Get the right manager in and there's not much they can't achieve given their resources.

Thank fuck they got to 19.

Now can we concentrate on trying to win 19 ourselves rather than pointing out to the Mancs how many things we've won?

I can definitely see United competing for it next season, but they are going to have to up their game somewhat compared to this year to do so, and I'm not sure they can.

The likes of O Shea, Brown, Smalling, Fletcher, Vidic, Park, Evra, Carrick are all one-dimensional, they aren't going to get any better as players. The likes of Scholes, Berbatov, Owen, Giggs, VDS (retiring), are of an age where they will not get better.

It's the likes of Nani, Rooney, Valencia, Anderson, Rafael, Fabio who are the difference, and are still young enough and talented enough to become better players still. This will be the difference between success and failure, what those players bring to the table next season.

City and ourselves will definitely be challenging hard and be picking up more points next season than this season. We both have young, intelligent, talented players who will get even better next season and we both have money to bring in even better players.

I think it's telling that Dalglish has gotten us back to this point, and Ferguson has led United to this point. That two 'old-school' managers have understood this league better than others.

It makes me wonder if the foreign and new-school contingent over-think tactics and don't pay enough attention to the personnel, on getting through to the person inside the player, which seems to be Ferguson's and Kenny's forte.

You could argue that same of Redknapp at Spurs, and how Holloway had Blackpool playing above their station for a while.

Ancelotti couldn't squeeze the best out of the fine players at his disposal, which is a shame because he should and could have won this league handsomely by now. Also interesting to note the nose-dive since another old-school operator left his stable, namely Ray Wilkins.

Same problem with Arsenal, where Wenger just cannot get the extra yard from his players when it matters, because it's not about tactics then, it's about heart and determination and belief.

It's why Mourinho succeeded where so many others have failed in this country, it's why every England player has talked so fondly of Venables, it's about having a mix of intelligence and the ability to communicate with players on a personal level.

Full fucking circle.

The rot started with Souness, but it kind of made sense at the time, he just didn't have the nous to go with the mouth.

Since then we've just been chasing our tails, while the Mancs have been silently chuckling and going "tee hee, this is so easy with old-school tactics and manager, chortle", while we've gone "hang on, we can beat them with some SUPER TACTICS" and gone for Ged and Rafa, after giving Evans a go for old times sake.

We've been scratching our heads for 20 years, trying to come up with a solution to something, believing the answer to be difficult and different to what it once was. It wasn't, it isn't, 20 years and we've just realised.

Fucks sake.

Now can we concentrate on trying to win 19 ourselves rather than pointing out to the Mancs how many things we've won?

I can definitely see United competing for it next season, but they are going to have to up their game somewhat compared to this year to do so, and I'm not sure they can.

The likes of O Shea, Brown, Smalling, Fletcher, Vidic, Park, Evra, Carrick are all one-dimensional, they aren't going to get any better as players. The likes of Scholes, Berbatov, Owen, Giggs, VDS (retiring), are of an age where they will not get better.

It's the likes of Nani, Rooney, Valencia, Anderson, Rafael, Fabio who are the difference, and are still young enough and talented enough to become better players still. This will be the difference between success and failure, what those players bring to the table next season.

City and ourselves will definitely be challenging hard and be picking up more points next season than this season. We both have young, intelligent, talented players who will get even better next season and we both have money to bring in even better players.

I think it's telling that Dalglish has gotten us back to this point, and Ferguson has led United to this point. That two 'old-school' managers have understood this league better than others.

It makes me wonder if the foreign and new-school contingent over-think tactics and don't pay enough attention to the personnel, on getting through to the person inside the player, which seems to be Ferguson's and Kenny's forte.

You could argue that same of Redknapp at Spurs, and how Holloway had Blackpool playing above their station for a while.

Ancelotti couldn't squeeze the best out of the fine players at his disposal, which is a shame because he should and could have won this league handsomely by now. Also interesting to note the nose-dive since another old-school operator left his stable, namely Ray Wilkins.

Same problem with Arsenal, where Wenger just cannot get the extra yard from his players when it matters, because it's not about tactics then, it's about heart and determination and belief.

It's why Mourinho succeeded where so many others have failed in this country, it's why every England player has talked so fondly of Venables, it's about having a mix of intelligence and the ability to communicate with players on a personal level.

Full fucking circle.

The rot started with Souness, but it kind of made sense at the time, he just didn't have the nous to go with the mouth.

Since then we've just been chasing our tails, while the Mancs have been silently chuckling and going "tee hee, this is so easy with old-school tactics and manager, chortle", while we've gone "hang on, we can beat them with some SUPER TACTICS" and gone for Ged and Rafa, after giving Evans a go for old times sake.

We've been scratching our heads for 20 years, trying to come up with a solution to something, believing the answer to be difficult and different to what it once was. It wasn't, it isn't, 20 years and we've just realised.

Fucks sake.

That's actually a very good post, agree with all of that.

That's actually a very good post, agree with all of that.

Staggeringly simple really, which is what surprises me.

Take yesterday for example, the instructions from Ferguson were very likely, "Get at them from the start, 100mph, scare them, work it to 20 yards and then shoot, full backs bombing on, wingers take people on, flood the box with men".

Goal after 40 seconds.

And it's amazing how often they try this tactic and how often it works, that they score a goal in the first 10 mins of games and basically kill the game. Such as basic game-plan, but so effective, and so shocking that big teams like Chelsea and so many others are so ill-prepared for it.

Here are the times this season where the Mancs have scored in the first ten minutes (give or take) of games...

Fulham (a) - Scholes 11'

West Brom (h) - Hernandez 5'

Bursaspor (h) - Nani 7'

Blackburn (h) - Berbatov 2'

Sunderland (h) - Berbatov 5'

West Brom (a) - Rooney 3'

Liverpool (h) - Giggs 2'

Birmingham (h) - Berbatov 2'

Aston Villa (h) - Rooney 1'

Wolves (a) - Nani 3'

Marseille (h) - Hernandez 5'

Fulham (h) - Berbatov 12'

Chelsea (h) - Hernandez 1'

It's deffo a home tactic, to go from the off. Don't turn up at Old Trafford and expect the game to click into gear, it will be 100mph from the whistle.

And if they try that against Barca then they might get rearragned, but I don't think Ferguson tries it all the time, hence why he's been so successful, he does know when to try it and when not to.

No getting away from the simple truth of football, it's about scoring goals, and you don't score many goals unless you attack and have some shots.

Obviously there is another layer of good management and preparedness under this, but the crux of it is to shoot more and get more players into the box.

Completely agree utd are most dangerous in the first and last ten minutes and that's when you need to push them back to the centre of the park. Play two lines of four further up the pitch so you don't give away free kicks in dangerous positions or a penno.

I'm the total opposite King Emyln, I thought I'd be more gutted. I was more gutted in 09 when they equalled us because we should have won it that year.

Yeah... I was fucking gutted then... but I don't really care this time. I knew it was coming and got ready for it.

Now, it's not even a thing... We'll get to win 19 next season or the season after and then push on to 20 whilst Ferguscum scratches his head wondering how he managed to get topped before he retired.

Guest TK-421

Great gif.

He's hardscoping, though. A real man would quickscope. He's leaving himself vulnerable to a close quarters attack.

Fucks sake.

"2012: Thank fuck they got to 20. Now can we....

2013: Thank fuck they got to 21. Now can we....

2014: Thank fuck they got to 22. Now can we....

2015: Tha........."

Are we going to have this "thank fuck they got...congratulations....you have to give them credit....I've been resigned to........" and related stuff every year they claim another league title against us???? Does anyone realise the proganda, promotion and marketing material they can generate out of the number this year and every year it increases?

Thank fuck Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea happened to win a few leagues since 1993 as well, or our record would have been surpassed long before now. Only for Chelsea protecting our record for us last year, the mancs would have claimed the title 5 fucin years in a row. 5 years is a generation in football, and it's too long to be watching that tyrant's smug face with that trophy on every football show come May.

Losing the record to them is, lets be frank about it, another kick in the teeth to our club and our long-suffering fans. It's something none of us should be congratulating him or them for, in any form. I hope we get No. 19 next year, but if we don't, I hope they don't get to No. 20 before we do.