You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pako Ayesteran - What a Man

Red Nick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt the reason Pako left because he was talking to another club about leaving?What should rafa have done?

RB: Ok Pako you have been talking to other clubs about leaving but it doesnt suit you yet so you can stay here until you find a club suitable.

Rafa wanted his players and staff loyal to lfc and anyone who wasnt was got rid of, which I agree with.

Also did we not have our best season in the prem when Pako left and wasnt the season we won the champs league the season pako told rafa to forget about cup competitions and focus on the prem?

People saying Pako leaving had a negative effect on rafas time here are not backed up by the facts.

Doesn't it strike anybody as odd, that for such a well-respected coach, he's not had another job in football since ?

Or have I missed something ?

Sounds like you missed his jobs as assistant manager at both Benfica and Valencia.

Allegedly the reason he was sacked was because Rafa found out he was talking to Mourinho behind his back about a job at Chelsea, for those asking.

probably idle tittle-tattle that though ziggers. Gerrard didn't get the boot, or Rafa, for doing similar things. I'm not sure Pako made a massive difference in results anyway, but I'm sure he was more than useful as a sounding board.

Sounds like you missed his jobs as assistant manager at both Benfica and Valencia.

Allegedly the reason he was sacked was because Rafa found out he was talking to Mourinho behind his back about a job at Chelsea, for those asking.

Wasn't it down to some flirting with Chelsea? Or was it Mourinho unsettling us as that was the only way he would be able to get past Rafa in a knockout game?

If our club was run in a decent way another number 2 would have been put in. I think Pako going is one factor leading to our decline but not the main reason.

Didn't really like the thread title as it seems like a bit of a fuck you to the Rafa one in the same style

never heard this one about pako talking to mourinho before, but then i probably wouldn't have heard about the iluminati blowing up the twin towers either as i didn't come online much in those days.

pretty sure it was down to our constant poor start but strong finish to the season. rafa tried to alter it so we started better, but trained less intensely , and paco didn;t agree and they fell out.

It was Bilbao.

Had the other presidential candidate won Pako would have been named manager.

Apparently it was not that he wanted to go, but the way he went about it that upset Benitez who'd considered him as a friend first & coach second.

It was Bilbao.

Had the other presidential candidate won Pako would have been named manager.

Apparently it was not that he wanted to go, but the way he went about it that upset Benitez who'd considered him as a friend first & coach second.

But of course it's Rafa that's the cunt.

When will people stop this bullshit? The reason we ended up totally fucked was GILLETT AND HICKS! PARRY AND MOORES! Those are the villains. Those are the cunts who only looked out for themselves. How much longer would it have been before we found out about how odious those cunts were if Rafa hadn't spoken out against them? People who still have an agenda against Rafa are cunts.

You people know who you are and yes, I mean YOU! You are a cunt. Every last one of you. You're cunts now, you've always been cunts and you always will be. All that will change is that you might have some cunt kids.

Correct. As an aside, I believe he left Valencia because he fell out with Emery.

He's on Revista quite alot lately, he talks so much sense and seems to have a massive knowledge on football.

He always makes alot of sense when analizing tactical play, obviously him and Rafa worked well as a team, they should patch up there differences before its too late, both Clough and Taylor always said that was there biggest regret.

But of course it's Rafa that's the cunt.

When will people stop this bullshit? The reason we ended up totally fucked was GILLETT AND HICKS! PARRY AND MOORES! Those are the villains. Those are the cunts who only looked out for themselves. How much longer would it have been before we found out about how odious those cunts were if Rafa hadn't spoken out against them? People who still have an agenda against Rafa are cunts.

You people know who you are and yes, I mean YOU! You are a cunt. Every last one of you. You're cunts now, you've always been cunts and you always will be. All that will change is that you might have some cunt kids.

Shut up you cunt.

probably idle tittle-tattle that though ziggers. Gerrard didn't get the boot, or Rafa, for doing similar things. I'm not sure Pako made a massive difference in results anyway, but I'm sure he was more than useful as a sounding board.

Dunno, let's ask Benitez what he thinks?

"He needed to go. He betrayed me."

Sounds a bit more than an argument about Ryan Babel.

never heard this one about pako talking to mourinho before, but then i probably wouldn't have heard about the iluminati blowing up the twin towers either as i didn't come online much in those days.

pretty sure it was down to our constant poor start but strong finish to the season. rafa tried to alter it so we started better, but trained less intensely , and paco didn;t agree and they fell out.

He had a friendship with Mourinho, and had lunch or dinner with him one day. Jose let Rafa know about it (second hand) and Rafa went nuts.

I heard this off a credible source, who also claims Jose only did this to wind Rafa up.

There's no way this 'betrayal' is about Ryan Babel, Zig.

Dunno, let's ask Benitez what he thinks?

"He needed to go. He betrayed me."

Sounds a bit more than an argument about Ryan Babel.

If Benitez is to be believed, it Must've been something else then apart from him courting other clubs. Something even more serious.