Quantcast
Veep - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Can't wait for this to be produced. Could be very, very good if it's done right.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus to play a VP for HBO comedy | Inside TV | EW.com

This and the new series of The Thick of It (with new added coalition) are both high on my "Fucking hurry up and make it" list. Iannucci working for HBO has to be good news, especially when Tony Hale from Arrested Development is also involved.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Only got halfway through before deciding I didn't like it. I get it, an' all, but I think this sort of 'everybody is dumb and says awkward stuff' thing is overdone.

US serious shows are generally done to a high standard,The Wire,Sopranos,Breaking Bad etc but their comedy shows are usually shite.

30 Rock is abysmally unfunny as is almost everything with a female lead character.

US serious shows are generally done to a high standard,The Wire,Sopranos,Breaking Bad etc but their comedy shows are usually shite.

30 Rock is abysmally unfunny as is almost everything with a female lead character.

I'd say American comedy has a higher funny to unfunny percentage than British comedy

Americans gave us The Simpsons, Seinfeld & Arrested Development, for that i'll always be eternally grateful.

I'd say American comedy has a higher funny to unfunny percentage than British comedy

Americans gave us The Simpsons, Seinfeld & Arrested Development, for that i'll always be eternally grateful.

Bollocks!

American,

060907_02-p.jpg

British,

275px-Flyingcircus_2.jpg

No matter what they come out with they will always owe a debt for everything that British comedic pioneers came out with first.

Only got halfway through before deciding I didn't like it. I get it, an' all, but I think this sort of 'everybody is dumb and says awkward stuff' thing is overdone.

Agree. This trend has to end. The sooner the better.

Just watching the third episode, still deciding whether I like it or not. Had one or two laughs, but not much.

I have watched 4 of the 10 now. Its quite sharp in places and very lame in others. It needs a malcolm tucker character, someone to completely lose it and blow up not just say fuck a few times.

It is to safe for a uk audience, but far to close to the edge for dumb arse Yanks

Pales in comparison to the sublime 'The Thick Of It', but still worth watching. Maybe Iannucci's comedy doesn't quite work when set in America, I thought the weakest parts of 'In The Loop' were the American bits.

It has the potential, it certainly isnt close to the likes of Arrested Development, Parks and recreation or even 30 rock (which is more slapstic of course) but it is good.

I must be missing something with P&D, watched the first episode and just didn't enjoy it at all.

"The League" is an interesting one I've just got on to. It's like if you crossed "The Hangover", "Knocked up" and well "The League" as I don't know any other shows about men who fuck up their lives and those around them over an NFL fantasy football draft.

zuVsLR_2GX0

Watched the first two episodes. Loved it. Compared to The Newsroom it feels much less forced, less talky but still very funny. The casting on the latter was horrendous as well with that pig/moonfaced weird looking chick and the always annoying Emily whatshername.