You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Give It Up Ian - It's Gone - We're Not Coming Back

Anubis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Adam is the right player for us. He has some aspects to his game that look good, but the all round package isn't there, and I think we can aim higher. Still, if he gets a squad spot at the expense of Poulsen I'd take that, but I think the price we will have to pay means we should shop elsewhere.

Adam is the best set piece taker in the league. That alone would be worth an extra 10-12 goals a season. Especially now that we have Carroll to get on the end of them.

If this were American football and we could send on the special team for every corner and free kick it might work. Since it's not then I don't see where he would fit in as a starter. He is not as good as Stevie or Raul as an attacking player and he is not strong enough as a holding/defensive player. A squad player for around £5M is what he is for us.

Adam is the best set piece taker in the league. That alone would be worth an extra 10-12 goals a season. Especially now that we have Carroll to get on the end of them.

I refuse to believe that professional footballers, all of them, cannot put in a decent free kick at around head height.

That we should buy someone to undertake this simple function, is totally unacceptable to me and I wouldn't do it out of fucking principle.

I bet anyone in Barca's squad could put a decent free kick in the box, and I include Valdes in that.

Rather than recruiting players who can kick a ball, I'd rather get rid of the people in the squad who cannot, and then take it from there.

If this were American football and we could send on the special team for every corner and free kick it might work. Since it's not then I don't see where he would fit in as a starter. He is not as good as Stevie or Raul as an attacking player and he is not strong enough as a holding/defensive player. A squad player for around £5M is what he is for us.

If we can get him for £5m, even if its just to improve the squad, its a no brainer I reckon.

I refuse to believe that professional footballers, all of them, cannot put in a decent free kick at around head height.

That we should buy someone to undertake this simple function, is totally unacceptable to me and I wouldn't do it out of fucking principle.

I bet anyone in Barca's squad could put a decent free kick in the box, and I include Valdes in that.

Rather than recruiting players who can kick a ball, I'd rather get rid of the people in the squad who cannot, and then take it from there.

Agreed, anyone who takes a set piece and doesnt get the delivery right should be made to stay an hour every day after training for 2 weeks to practice them. Its schoolboy stuff and not much pisses me off more than 90% of Stevies corners that dont beat the first man on the front post, its just a waste and probably costs us 5 - 10 goals a season.

Whatever happens Holloway has done a fantastic job. Blackpool shouldn't be anywhere near the PL and in all honesty they should be well relegated by now looking at their squad. They've been naive yes, but their gung ho attitude has seen them when a good amount of points which they may not have won with a more conservative attitude.

Don't see why Holloway is a 'cunt' really. Said some heartwarming things about our club this season, praised our fans, sang YNWA in honour of his dad when they beat us at Anfield and commented on how Man Utd will never have what we have as a club. He's been a great character and made the league very exciting. But I suppose that if a European Cup winning manager is seen as a cunt by a few on this forum then Holloway doesn't stand a chance.

Not at all, mate. We made offer, they rejected. Then he starts every press conference annoucing how the balls in Liverpools court and how they've rejected the offer that came in.

We fuckin' know that you weird little cunt. Just belt up about it.

Was it right of our interest being "leaked" in Barry while they were going for a UEFA Cup place though? No wonder he was pissed off. Anyway regardless, he was a massive bullet dodged.

Whatever happens Holloway has done a fantastic job. Blackpool shouldn't be anywhere near the PL and in all honesty they should be well relegated by now looking at their squad. They've been naive yes, but their gung ho attitude has seen them when a good amount of points which they may not have won with a more conservative attitude.

Don't see why Holloway is a 'cunt' really. Said some heartwarming things about our club this season, praised our fans, sang YNWA in honour of his dad when they beat us at Anfield and commented on how Man Utd will never have what we have as a club. He's been a great character and made the league very exciting. But I suppose that if a European Cup winning manager is seen as a cunt by a few on this forum then Holloway doesn't stand a chance.

I think that's very well said. The word 'cunt' is flashed around way too easily and should be saved for those who truly deserve the status.

Well said. I like him. Good attitude to football and as you say, an obvious love of our club. It will be a shame if they go down.