You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What now for Chelsea?

silverlining

I think they need to decide if they are building around Torres next season.

If so they need to go wholehearted & probably adopt the old 4231 pressing game from us a few years ago.

Cech

Ivanovic Terry Luiz Cole

Ramirez Essien

???? Lampard ????

Torres

Benayoun / Anelka / Malouda / Mikel etc. as squaddies.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We talk as if they are lying 12th on the table and got knocked out in the group stages of the CL. They will be fine. They had a very bad spell mid season which derailed any hopes of consistent form and lifting silverware. And like it or not those fuckers who beat them are disturbingly strong and resilient.

I am worried about how much we will look to revamp our first team, particularly on the wings. Critical to get it right otherwise we will be lying 5/6th again this time next season.

If they had done the season in reverse then they would have improved greatly, but the fact is they were way ahead and had a spaz out of biblical proportions and have gone utterly shit.

Edit: Although they have picked up again in the last 5 or 6 matches

Guest the boy

Lampard's finished as a world-class player. Injuries have taken their toll on Essien; the midfield is a major concern for them. They've failed, miserably, to impose themselves on Arsenal, United and us this season. Their biggest strength - their pace and mobility - has become a weakness. Absent of the energy Luis has provided recently - whom I wouldn't be surprised to see pushed forward in front of the back four next season - they were a shell against United.

Their squad is shite... I have highlighted the players that I rate...

Keepers

Petr Cech - Never been the same since the injury, the rest are shite.

Ross Turnbull

Hilario

Sam Walker

Jan Sebek

Defenders:

Branislav Ivanovic

Ashley Cole

David Luiz

Jose Bosingwa

Paulo Ferreira

John Terry

Alex

Ryan Bertrand

Jeffrey Bruma

Billy Clifford

Aziz Deen-Conteh

Rohan Ince

Nathaniel Chalobah

Midfield:

Michael Essien - Injuries have taken their toll on his knees

Ramires

Frank Lampard - Too old and too fat now

Yossi Benayoun

Mikel John Obi

Florent Malouda

Yuriy Zhirkov

Josh Mceachran

Conor Clifford

Kaby Djalo

Jacopo Sala

George Saville

Michael Woods

Daniel Philliskirk

Strikers:

Fernando Torres - Used to be good. Won't score more than 15 goals a season again.

Didier Drogba - He'll want out after the way he's been treated since January

Salomon Kalou

Nicolas Anelka - He'll want out after the way he's been treated since January

Fabio Borini

Marko Mitrovic

Adam Phillip

I reckon depending on what happens at Real Madrid, Abramovich will lob Mourinho a shit load of cash and he'll get them right back on track.

I thought that too. But the signing of Torres will have worried Mourinho because it shows that any promise from Abramovitch to him that he has stopped meddling with the team is an empty promise.

I think the re-building job required by Chelsea to replace ageing players and create a system that suits Torres is probably as big a job as our re-building program. Must make Torres wonder why he bothered.....

We talk as if they are lying 12th on the table and got knocked out in the group stages of the CL. They will be fine. They had a very bad spell mid season which derailed any hopes of consistent form and lifting silverware. And like it or not those fuckers who beat them are disturbingly strong and resilient.

I am worried about how much we will look to revamp our first team, particularly on the wings. Critical to get it right otherwise we will be lying 5/6th again this time next season.

Exactly, I wouldnt mind us being one place above Chelsea next season. Regrettably we can't pull the chain on them just yet

What next for them? A new coach. Drawing at home to Hull is a sackable offence over there, so losing two legs to a league rival in the CL, on the back of their league performance, isn't going to go down well.

they don't any midfielders as such - they just need to buy 2 proper creative wingers and some striker support for Torres

I think the re-building job required by Chelsea to replace ageing players and create a system that suits Torres is probably as big a job as our re-building program. Must make Torres wonder why he bothered.....

They already have two support forwards for him, but he's too busy sulking to give a shit. If they do decide on radical buying and selling in the summer, he'll probably fuck off again as remember, he doesn't have time for rebuilding.

They will get a new manager and spend big in the summer. Drogba and Malouda will go, possibly Anelka too. Maybe a few others. I think they'll keep Terry and Lampard and probably throw silly money at "name" players from around Europe. Neymar is supposed to be going there as well, isn't he? I don't fancy them to really improve unless they get the right manager and actually give him control, rather than Roman signing players based on reputation.

It was always going to end like this.

Like what?

It will be highly amusing if Rom fucks off and leaves the club to pay the £200m+ yearly wage bill for themselves.

Laugh heartily i will. Financial ruin.

Doubt it will ever happen tho

True story:

Roman Abramovich was seen in a London nightclub yesterday taking the team out for a meal to brighten things up after the CL loss to Man Utd.

A young spanish girl walks over to John Terry and asks him to sign her arm, she then asks Frank Lampard to sign her left breast.

Then she drops her knickers and says to Abramovich "sign this".He... replies "Fuck off, the last time i signed a Spanish cunt, it cost me £50 million and i got nothing in return.

I find it completely hilarious that the player they shipped out on loan to make room for Torres has scored 6 goals in 8 games while Torres hasn't hit the back of the net once. It sums them up as an outfit, always chopping and changing and spending a fortune in the process, guaranteeing perpetual instability. Joke of a club.