You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What now for Chelsea?

silverlining

I was pondering this last night. What is Abramocunt going to do now?

His £75m investment/ panic-buy in order to win the CL has failed miserably.

His £50m striker is taking some of the blame, unsettling the likes of Drogba, and massively undermining the manager, who EVERYONE knows was told to play him last night.

Many of their best players are nearer the end of their careers than the start (Terry, Drogba, Anelka, Lampard).

Too many of the team look as if injury and form have taken a heavy toll. (I don't know what's happened to Essien this year). In fact, there aren't many players who have played anywhere near their best, maybe Cech, Terry, Cole?

As for Ancelotti, where does this leave him? He's won the CL twice, so who is better-placed to win it for Abramocunt? But he's been so laughably undermined, first with Torres, then the whole Wilkins thing, and the foisting upon him of another of Roman's "trusted lieutenants" this Emelano fucking bellend. It's untenable.

Will he splash the cash again? Rumours of Neymar bids still circulating, but he needs to spend a lot more than just the £30m he will cost.

Is it the start of a new era? Or the end?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pondering this last night. What is Abramocunt going to do now?

His £75m investment/ panic-buy in order to win the CL has failed miserably.

His £50m striker is taking some of the blame, unsettling the likes of Drogba, and massively undermining the manager, who EVERYONE knows was told to play him last night.

Many of their best players are nearer the end of their careers than the start (Terry, Drogba, Anelka, Lampard).

Too many of the team look as if injury and form have taken a heavy toll. (I don't know what's happened to Essien this year). In fact, there aren't many players who have played anywhere near their best, maybe Cech, Terry, Cole?

As for Ancelotti, where does this leave him? He's won the CL twice, so who is better-placed to win it for Abramocunt? But he's been so laughably undermined, first with Torres, then the whole Wilkins thing, and the foisting upon him of another of Roman's "trusted lieutenants" this Emelano fucking bellend. It's untenable.

Will he splash the cash again? Rumours of Neymar bids still circulating, but he needs to spend a lot more than just the £30m he will cost.

Is it the start of a new era? Or the end?

I believe Roman will spend big this summer, massive clearout of the Maureen old guard. this will be the make or break of their new era, maybe too many changes. Something that could also happen to us. i don't expect to spend anywhere near the same amount, but i would expect a similar turnaround in player numbers. main difference for us is alot of the players we will be moving on will be deadwood squad players.

Neymar won't solve their problems... but I hope they go for him... and stick with the old guard another year.

Real lack of dynamism and creativity. Obviously defensively they still have Cole, Terry and Luiz who are all superb defenders, great on the ball and can get forward, but there doesn't seem to be much "fizz" about them in other parts of the pitch.

Essien used to provide it, and while Ramires is a phenomenal athlete, he's hardly a creative genius. Benayoun is Benayoun, and Malouda hasn't hit the heights of last year.

Obviously they still have some great players and a good squad, but it needs major investment and I wonder if they'll get it.

Ashley Cole (as always) has been their most consistent performer this year

can see Carlo being binned and the team being broken up

Anelka shipped

Drogba shipped

Mikel shipped

Boswinga shipped

Ferreria shipped

Lampard and Essien and Ramierez make a v.good midfield 3 imo - its working out a front 3 to get the best out of Torres really - once that clicks they'll be fine

Torres imo is still carrying an injury and that's why he looks like he's lost some of that explosive pace of his - was his abductor issue ever properly sorted?

Essien is only really coming back from injury isn't he - would be stupid to write him off just yet

Lampard and Essien and Ramierez do make a very good midfield trio but there's a lack of guile. They need to rebuild and if they are to build their new team around Torres they need a couple of midfielder of a different type. Someone like Alonso who can hit Torres early and maybe someone like Modric who has a bit of inventiveness about them. They also lack pace in their team overall. I think they need to do the following:

1. Keep Ancelloti as they need stability.

2. Buy Charlie Adam and James McCarthy.

3. Buy Ashley Young for one of the wide areas.

they don't any midfielders as such - they just need to buy 2 proper creative wingers and some striker support for Torres

agree that Ashley Young could be tempted with a move to London

Neymar would be an exciting signing for them

they could also go for someone from Spain like Mata or Navas - i really want us to sign Mata though so they would piss me off if they got him

so 3 signings needed really and £75m minimum to be spent

This is a tough one. Abromovich has major involvement in the Russian world cup bid and I wonder if he will want to concentrate solely on that as it gets closer. If that's the case a new squad and potentially a new regime won't happen in a single summer.

Chelsea are still a top side but they do need a lot of cash spending on them.

Cech has never been the same since his injury and how many times do you see him flap at a cross coming into the box that might involve him getting clattered into.

Luiz who they signed in January looks a superb defender and without a doubt i would be looking to build the defence around him.

Cole has still looked good this season and Ivanovic can still offer plenty at RB or CB.

Terry has struggled this season but with Luiz alongside him Chelsea are less prone to being caught out against a pacey strike force.

Essien has been a superb midfielder and at one point looked the most complete midfielder in the world but injuries do appear to have caught up with him.

Ramieres (sp) looks a talented little player and does seem to be adjusting to the Premier League.

Lampard is struggling this season and doesn't seem to be covering the ground he once was but considering he never missed a game for ages it appears to be catching up with him.

Malouda still looks a quality player but seems to have fallen out of favour as the whole team spirit is shot.

Torres can be a superb striker for them but he needs to correct players around him.

At the time i though he was a vanity signing and in Drogba and Anelka they had enough firepower already there but needed a creative, pacey player to play on the right and someone to relieve the pressure on Lampard.

Chelsea need some cash spending on them but at one point this season it looked like they were going to win the league at a canter until interference within the club led to Wilkins leaving and the players unhappy since then.

I think he can either stick with ancelotti and give him a load more money in the summer to bring in younger talent to play alongside and gradually replace cech, cole, terry, lampard, anelka, essien and malouda (not sure what age the last 2 are but they're playing like they're in their 30's)

ancelotti won the double in his first year but the way they've self destructed since around october/november has been nothing short of spectacular. They were walking the league then wilkins gets the road and the whole thing comes crashing down. Add to this they've failed in europe again and well it doesn't look good for carlo.

Positives for them is that they still have a lot of good players and in Luiz they've got a world class centre back who has taken to the premier league instantly. They've also got Torres who, after a summer of rest, can still be one of the best in Europe.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Rafa was the chelsea manager next season. He has one of the best champions league managerial records, knows the premier league, can get the best out of Torres.

Won't that UEFA (cant spend more than you earn) thing screw them up for a massive rebuild this summer? If not, this time, it really could be a last roll of the dice for Abromovich because I doubt they will get away with it for the 2012/2013 season.

Guest TK-421

Everyone except, it seems, the sports jounos working for the free newspaper publication "Metro". They said it was a tactical error from Ancelotti to start Torres for this game.

We talk as if they are lying 12th on the table and got knocked out in the group stages of the CL. They will be fine. They had a very bad spell mid season which derailed any hopes of consistent form and lifting silverware. And like it or not those fuckers who beat them are disturbingly strong and resilient.

I am worried about how much we will look to revamp our first team, particularly on the wings. Critical to get it right otherwise we will be lying 5/6th again this time next season.