You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA 12

James

Got to say, my players are fucking dumb.

My own players block my shots at least as often as the opponents.

Crossing is fucking shit, even with a player like Downing the cross would either be blocked by the full back or never get past the first man in the box. This is part shit crossing, part my players taking bad positions in the box and choosing to wait for a cross while hiding behind the CB's back. Carroll does this so often in my game he almost makes the real Carroll look good in comparison. Almost.

Struggling with both Manual and Assisted controls really. On Manual I struggle to connect 2 passes together, Assisted seems to misread my intentions and give a dumb pass more often than not. It's difficult to find a balance.

Not convinced by the new defending system. I'm spending way too much time watching opposition players run around with the ball, twisting and turning on the spot doing fuck all while pressing them as their tactic seems to be to bore me out until I just give up and let them cross or take the shot.

It's pretty dull.

Admittedly I haven't been playing for long but it's not that great. Alright like, not sure I'll be buying this.

Oh, and Suarez doesn't have a real face. Few of our players do, and out of those few, some are quite outdated. Pretty disappointing that.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought Hazard for 60 million. Adjusted the budget allocation, sold Skrtel, Jones, Doni, Carroll and Lucas and loaned out lots of youngsters.

Just did a pre-match presser and said the reason for Everton's poor form was their 'small club mentality'. Hahahahahahaaha.

Also went up to division 9 on Head to Head Seasons.

Bought Hazard for 60 million. Adjusted the budget allocation, sold Skrtel, Jones, Doni, Carroll and Lucas and loaned out lots of youngsters.

Just did a pre-match presser and said the reason for Everton's poor form was their 'small club mentality'. Hahahahahahaaha.

Also went up to division 9 on Head to Head Seasons.

Are you impressed with it then James?

Biggest gripes so far:

Players touches are AWFUL.

Shooting is piss weak even with player's strong feet.

What's the point in waiting to tackle by jockeying the defender when all the attacker will do is play an impossible pass or do an impossible skill and get round you?

Opposition strikers are NEVER offside.

Chips over the defender don't work.

Passing anything other than a short simple pass is impossible.

Now when you want to do a finesse pass by pressingn R1 it does a weird skill pass instead of a normal one.

AI defenders are basically the same as FIFA 11 even though you're meant to completely change the way you're used to defending. they just get tight even though it's impossible for you to do that to them.

It's impossible to outrun anyone.

Hopefully I get used to it, but I'm not hopeful at the minute. Disappointed.

Biggest gripes so far:

What's the point in waiting to tackle by jockeying the defender when all the attacker will do is play an impossible pass or do an impossible skill and get round you?

Now when you want to do a finesse pass by pressingn R1 it does a weird skill pass instead of a normal one.

AI defenders are basically the same as FIFA 11 even though you're meant to completely change the way you're used to defending. they just get tight even though it's impossible for you to do that to them.

I'm sure on Twitter you said you were playing it on legendary. That would make a huge difference.

I went to blockbuster today to pre order it and got told I had no chance. I then ordered it from game.co.uk with the next day delivery. I hope it comes in the morning. I've took a days holiday in work for this. Cost me £48.

I have a sore ass.

Are you impressed with it then James?

I play it on World Class and it's very difficult, much harder than Legendary on FIFA 11 ever was. Also, pretty much everyone online plays with Barca or Real which is pretty annoying as they win every duel. Because of those two reasons I get beaten A LOT and it's pretty depressing but I don't get bored of it. That's a good sign as it means I still want to get used to the new gameplay system. Gonna try sorting out my defending this weekend. The thing is though: it's all about concentration. If you lose your focus for a few seconds, you'll concede; that's guaranteed.

I'm sure on Twitter you said you were playing it on legendary. That would make a huge difference.

I went to blockbuster today to pre order it and got told I had no chance. I then ordered it from game.co.uk with the next day delivery. I hope it comes in the morning. I've took a days holiday in work for this. Cost me £48.

I have a sore ass.

But when you lower the difficult it's too easy to get used to the defending.

Guest ShoePiss

I don't think the levels are right, there's a big difference between them. Semi-pro is too easy and pro is not enjoyable for me. What I've done is bumped up sprint and acceleration in game settings a little and play on professional, now most games are entertaining and I'll get a mix of wins,losses and draws whereas before it was either win them all by plenty of goals or draw and lose on penos.

Some sad act worked it out (not me):

Fifa 12 in Morissons = £30 when bought with another top 8 chart game

F1 2011 in Morissons = £29.99 (see recently posted deal)

In the Sun and the Mirror today = £10 off a £60 spend in Morissons

HMV = Fifa 12 for £1.99 when you trade in F1 2011

Fifa 12 (£30) + F1 2011 (£29.99) + chewing gum (20p) + The Mirror (30p) = £60.49 - £10 voucher = £50.49 for both games

Trade F1 2011 in at HMV and get Fifa 12 for £1.99 = £50.49 + £1.99 = £52.48

Sell/trade second copy of Fifa 12 - £30 sounds reasonable = £52.48 - £30 = £22.48 for Fifa 12.

I appreciate you didn't work it out but a bit of proof reading wouldn't go amiss

Biggest gripes so far:

I think most of your complaints are misplaced, but you can get a much more enjoyable game out of the AI by tinkering with the newly introduced gameplay sliders. Regardless of what else you do, turning CPU pass error up to 100% is a must for me - they'll actually play a few duff passes per match with it set-up that way.

You can easily get tight to the opposition playets when necessary by using teammate jockey. In face, as long as you jockey carefully yourself you can have them dallying on the ball.

Guest ShoePiss
Its ace, but anyone have the same problem im getting and getting disconnected from ea servers on ps3? Im unbeaten but got 3 defeats whilst winning because been disconnected! Pissing me right off

I saw that the EA servers were down for maintenance recently, could be that? I've only played one game online and probably won't bother again, first person I'm matched with chooses Barcelona, can't be arsed with that.

The Head to Head season mode is a refreshing addition to the game. Basically, whoever you chose you will only face someone of a similar skill level AND someone with a similar team. So no going Leicester City and having to face Barca or some shit. It works rather well actually.

I've played against Lazio with Benfica, Juve with Atletico Madrid. Leicester City and QPR!

I went Liverpool Once and ended up getting Barca, who I spanked 4-1.

Really liking the feel of this game.

Can't stand this. Was quite impressed with the demo and bought it yesterday. It's really awful. I totally agreed with everything Wor Horse said. It's just no fun. Every game plays exactly the same way. Every team is exactly as good as every other team so far and I've played about ten matches as Liverpool in a season and loads of exhibition games across varying difficulty levels.

There shouldn't be any difficulty level in any football game that makes Charlton absolutely unbeatable no matter what team you are. Legendary should make the game more realistic. Isn't that what FIFA is trying to be? Isn't that how it's setting its stall out? There is no level where beating Barca is near impossible, but beating other teams isn't. It's either, Barca and everyone else is too easy or Barca and everyone else is just beatable or Barca and everyone else is unplayable.

It's sanitised nonsense dressed up in frilly skills with baubles hanging off, but it's not fun to play. Every game is, by and large, exactly the fucking same game.

Yet to play this. Is it much different to Fifa 11 in that regardless how shit the oppostion were, and how low or high the difficulty level is set to, they still seem to have a pass completion rate of about 90%?

You could play Torquay on semi pro and they'd still pass the ball like a top half La Liga team. Their shitness coming from continously making the wrong decision in the final third.

I think most of your complaints are misplaced, but you can get a much more enjoyable game out of the AI by tinkering with the newly introduced gameplay sliders. Regardless of what else you do, turning CPU pass error up to 100% is a must for me - they'll actually play a few duff passes per match with it set-up that way.

You can easily get tight to the opposition playets when necessary by using teammate jockey. In face, as long as you jockey carefully yourself you can have them dallying on the ball.

How are personal complaints about a game i've played misplaced?

It's my opinion.

I saw that the EA servers were down for maintenance recently, could be that? I've only played one game online and probably won't bother again, first person I'm matched with chooses Barcelona, can't be arsed with that.

Played a few teams online on head to head! Support your club is good aswell. Noticed 400.000 fans of the mancs compared to our 150,000 its big in London thought isnt it! Just EA servers driving me mad 4 games ive lost now because of disconnection!