You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It is a leading question because you're saying they were opposed to it. If you actually read the original statement they wanted answers a couple of simple questions.

When the story first broke I wanted those same answers and still do, there's nothing wrong with wanting to understand the situation and it doesn't mean you're opposed to the idea.

guilty. couldnt be arsed sorry.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Still happy part of us has been given away for nothing?

If only we all weren't so ignorant.

Keep up the good work, Graham.

The sniping here is appalling.

It's a legitimate question - the name of Liverpool FC is in focus on a global level. Personally I have never heard of this bloke, but seeing as it is the ownership of Liverpool FC that is being discussed, SOS are right to not just let it pass.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Keep up the good work, Graham.

The sniping here is appalling.

He was telling people to go away and do some research, then come back and answer why we're happy that "part of us has been given away for nothing?". I think it's legitimate to raise the point again when it turns out that this deal might benefit us substantially.

If you constantly talk down to people then you have to expect to be pulled up on the things you say, in my opinion.

It's a legitimate question - the name of Liverpool FC is in focus on a global level. Personally I have never heard of this bloke, but seeing as it is the ownership of Liverpool FC that is being discussed, SOS are right to not just let it pass.

Pretty much what I said in the first post. I hadn't heard of him either, but there's no doubting he's a superstar in world spot.

Guest ShoePiss
He was telling people to go away and do some research, then come back and answer why we're happy that "part of us has been given away for nothing?". I think it's legitimate to raise the point again when it turns out that this deal might benefit us substantially.

If you constantly talk down to people then you have to expect to be pulled up on the things you say, in my opinion.

Pretty much what I said in the first post. I hadn't heard of him either, but there's no doubting he's a superstar in world spot.

Graham Smith doesn't constantly talk down to people, that's bollocks.

To be frank the way the communication they have had with the owners has been worded and the way he responds to people on here I would seriously beg to differ with that.

It may not be his intention but he always seems to me to come across as very aggressive, very condescending and very arrogant.

I had never commented on anything relating to sos previously until I stated on here that the communication sent before Christmas was very aggressive in tone as was the wording relating to this and that if I was receiving communication like that I would be telling sos to fuck off.

The response from Graham Smith.

Get your facts right then try posting again.

Not talking down to anyone at all there.

If that is how sos or Graham Smith as a representative of sos are going to communicate with the fan base they are trying to represent then I for one want them nowhere near the club.

Time after time I have seen others mention the tone of what comes out of sos only for Graham to be insulting towards them.

Now I may not be a solicitor or lawyer and therefore maybe I'm missing something but if every time I released something people people thought I was overly aggressive I would be inclined to start thinking "maybe I'm not phrasing this correctly" rather than start having a go at people. In my case as someone who hadn't dealt with sos before I wouldn't go near the organisation at all purely because of the way Graham has responded to me on here.

I suspect I may not be alone in that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Other than the many, many examples across this and other posts, I agree.

It's entirely legitimate to ask questions about why he was given part of our Club for nothing.

The questions being asked were not aggressive or posed in any other way than to find out the reasoning behind the deal.

The fact he's wearing Liverpool shirts in press conferences is a positive presumably as it raises our profile but the questions still remain.

Whilst I'd believe that SoS are pretty insignificant and would like it to disband, I think you've got to give them some leeway here. As a group of fans, they've got as much right as any other fan or fan group to contact the club and ask some polite questions regarding a deal with LeBron James' company. Whether they will get a response that's acceptable to them, or a response at all, remains to be seen.

I don't think they needed to try to gain attention by announcing their intention to ask questions, that seems a bit small-time to me. Still that's their business, not ours, and it's a separate issue. It's just another action that a lot of fans will raise their eyebrow at.

I think their major problem is the continuing inability to communicate with the non-SoS majority. Some of their most influential members are patronising and arrogant. I mean, if they wish to garner more support for their cause - and they should, as it's the only thing that gives their existence any sort of legitimacy - then it would be wise, in my opinion, not to go into attack mode against fellow fans of the football club. Yet again, I find myself looking in disbelief at the way one of their important members conducts themselves.

Is this really the way to win more support, or change the opinion that they're arrogant and self-aggrandising:

I just want to shout 'who the fuck do you think you are?', and I know others feel the same. They are polarising support, and they're the only ones who set to lose out. They might call themselves a 'liaison officer' or 'new media officer' or even an 'assistant secretary', but when it comes to the football club, they're nothing more than a fan.

I do have to question statements like this, too:

They haven't given away part of a multi-hundred million dollar investment for 'nothing'. If that's what they're trying to con people into believing, then they're just a slimy as people they've previously denounced. With comments like this, and their previous underhanded and unappreciated letter, it seems like they're trying to undermine the ownership in some way. The owners have to be fucking stupid to give away part of a club for 'nothing'.

Sure, ask questions, nobody is able to tell them to stop doing that. If, however, they want to gain more support, further legitimise their existence, and stop the evident and obvious rot that has set in as far as their reputation with fellow supporters goes, then they're going to have to stop seeing themselves as somebody that's able to offer anything more than an external dissenting voice. They're not the arbiters of all thing red and they don't actually have the power to hold anybody to account, least of all the owners of the football club.

You've hit the nail on the head there pal, you have pretty much summed up how myself & most LFC fans (who i have spoken to recently) feel regarding SOS currently.

There are ways and means for approaching people, they just seem to go about it in a slightly inflammitory fashion

Guest The Chimp
It's entirely legitimate to ask questions about why he was given part of our Club for nothing.

The questions being asked were not aggressive or posed in any other way than to find out the reasoning behind the deal.

The fact he's wearing Liverpool shirts in press conferences is a positive presumably as it raises our profile but the questions still remain.

I think you've answered your own question with your last paragraph Graham.