You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Secret Footballer

Stu Monty

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't he understand there's a difference between a fan spending £50 or so and swearing in to the air and a footballer receiving £150,000 a week who runs up to a tv camera and screams a load of shite down it just after scoring a hat trick? Too drunk to make my point properly but there you go.

Its defo Murphy. Hes desperate to be the next big media guru after that stupid fuckin talk he give. Pluss just before he left liverpool rafa said he wanted to break the cliques up so that also rings true.

He starts one column by saying "What if Sky Sports offered me Andy Gray's job? Not a chance." I'd say that rules out Murphy as he's never off the TV.

A couple of other points I noticed reading through the articles:

when I think back to when I was kicking a flat ball around a council estate with holes in my Nike hand-me-downs

which would rule out anyone from a relatively well-off background.

When I hang up my boots, I will have opportunity to move on to things I have always wanted to do before I undergo the hip and knee replacements my doctor promised a few years ago.

So it's probably someone who has had hip and knee injuries.

I am not gay.

Definitely not Ashley Cole then.

Anyone ever thought it Might just be one of ours here? Or more specifically I was thinking possibly - Jamie Carragher? Don't know why but he SEEMS to fit most of the criteria to me - Could it be Him or Steven Gerrard maybe? Not only do THEY fit most of the criteria (English, 'Thinkers' About the game, played amidst French & other 'Cliques, Played at OT plenty of times etc) but also? The list of coaches 'he' (whoever he is) has played for? Reads like a Who's Who of about the last Five Liverpool Managers. You NEVER know - It just Might be one of our players this time. Stranger things have happened - Either way? I Suspect all will be revealed soon enough.................

Edited by Redshadow

I've looked elsewhere on this and seen all KINDS of names come up but the most frequent guesses are indeed Danny Murphy or Scott Parker (which would chime as Mourinho always WAS obsessed with detail). As outside bets maybe Michael Owen, Mark Noble or Jens Lehmann? Possibly Frank Lampard - Those Six are the best guesses - Still think it could be Gerrard as a possibility - He did come THAT close to leaving us Twice so would know about moves even if he never made one himself. Suspect we'll know soon enough...................