You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

18- 19

BurtReynolds

Absolutely disgraceful we have allowed United to bypass our title haul. 12 titles without rely since 1990. To think at one stage it was 18 -7. No coincidence since David Moores took over in 1990 we haven't won a title or am i being harsh. Is the blame purely with a succession of poor managers, bad buys etc. Or has the Ferguson factor bullied and scared all before him?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it seems when united dont win it there is still someone else better than us. ie chelski

and arsenal constant rebuilding. new managers and crap players and poor choices from the men in charge. also it always seem.s like where always rebuilding sounness left evans rebuid he left houiller done the same left rafa rebuilt and now kenny needs to do it i think once we get that first one we will win a few i just cant see when that will be city billions chelski and the vermin i hope it,s not far away.

United haven't had the best squad in the league since 2001. They've done it by being mentally tough and working hard. When Ferguson goes (soon I hope) they'll just be Aston Villa again like the 80's.

Embarrassingly deluded.

The Mancs turned a corner just at the right time.

When they ended their drought back in 1993 football in this country was just about to hit the turbo button in terms of TV rights and the vast amounts of money being pumped into the game and they capitalised big time.

One big contributing factor amongst several others.

United will be successful for years. I don't know people keep thinking there is a fat fucking demise coming up.

They've got a never say die mentality, they've got players coming up and they'll always be able to service the debt.

They won't be fucked financially forever.

United will be successful for years. I don't know people keep thinking there is a fat fucking demise coming up.

They've got a never say die mentality, they've got players coming up and they'll always be able to service the debt.

They may not be 'fucked' but they won't be the force they've been under Feguson, no chance. Even him with all of his rep and experience can barely keep a handle on some of the egos there. They've managed to placate the likes of Ferdinand and Rooney down the years simply by giving into their extreme wage demands. The fans too will be a massive problem, I remember a good few calling for his head back in 2003 just because he'd bought a few shit players like Djemba-Djemba (SP?). They're spoiled, and they're morons, and whoever replaces him will have a very, very short window in which to get absolutely everything right.

They should erect a statue of David Moores outside Old Trafford, or at least whoever it was who thought the right man to lead Liverpool into the 21st century would be a shit-thick, inbred Freddie Boswell clone who was born into his money and not done a day's work in his life. In the late 80s we were the most powerful club off the pitch as well as on it - when the biggest players in England moved (Barnes, Beardsley, Houghton, etc) it was to us. Then along comes Freddie, and whether through incompetence, arrogance or complacency, proceeded to sit on his hands for 15 years while the world revolved away from us. Sure, ferguson is an abhorrent, toxic, cancerous freak - whose comments in the past 48 hours hopefully suggest the decline into madness has finally kicked in - but he just had to look after his team whilst Moores allowed ours to deflate like a shit balloon. Being asked to hold up a mosaic for him on the day Fowler played his last match was a disgrace. And when he had one shot to put it right, he took the Texan blood money. How was the private Lionel Richie gig, you cunt? And somehow, there he still is, turning up for matches, apparently oblivious. I sometimes wonder if he's so thick he just doesn't understand what he did to us, or so thick-skinned he doesn't care. The cunt.

They should erect a statue of David Moores outside Old Trafford, or at least whoever it was who thought the right man to lead Liverpool into the 21st century would be a shit-thick, inbred Freddie Boswell clone who was born into his money and not done a day's work in his life. In the late 80s we were the most powerful club off the pitch as well as on it - when the biggest players in England moved (Barnes, Beardsley, Houghton, etc) it was to us. Then along comes Freddie, and whether through incompetence, arrogance or complacency, proceeded to sit on his hands for 15 years while the world revolved away from us. Sure, ferguson is an abhorrent, toxic, cancerous freak - whose comments in the past 48 hours hopefully suggest the decline into madness has finally kicked in - but he just had to look after his team whilst Moores allowed ours to deflate like a shit balloon. Being asked to hold up a mosaic for him on the day Fowler played his last match was a disgrace. And when he had one shot to put it right, he took the Texan blood money. How was the private Lionel Richie gig, you cunt? And somehow, there he still is, turning up for matches, apparently oblivious. I sometimes wonder if he's so thick he just doesn't understand what he did to us, or so thick-skinned he doesn't care. The cunt.

I think Moores fucked up, yes. Completely. But if a statue is to be erected outside OT, it needs to be of Souness. He fucked us over (unintentionally to be fair) just at the time when money started to flood through the game. If the sky deal had happened 5 years earlier, we'd have a few more titles in the cabinet.

It's like we've been on a snakes and ladders board since Souness sent us flying down a snake at a rate of Paul Stewart and Nicky Tanner sized knots. Just as we're about to recapture the prize, along comes another snake (or 2), and back down we go.

Their stadium will be closer to 90,000 before we have 60,000.

Probably and they will be nigh on full capacity for every home fixture due to their auto-cup scheme.

It's not their fault they've had the fore-sight to build a monster of a stadium.

They expanding again Horus?

Probably and they will be nigh on full capacity for every home fixture due to their auto-cup scheme.

It's not their fault they've had the fore-sight to build a monster of a stadium.

They expanding again Horus?

I don't think it's imminent, but I thought the stadium has been improved so it can go up to 95k.

Add that to the fact, that we still don't know what we're doing, and spending more money and effort on trying to stay in Anfield is a major backward step (that alhas it's own thread somewhere).

Haven't they scrapped that cup scheme thingy?

He can't go on forever, theres plenty of scope for a Sounness calibre replacement.

41801_2263296040_9920_n.jpg

roykeane.jpg

Paul-Ince-001.jpg

I don't think it's imminent, but I thought the stadium has been improved so it can go up to 95k.

Add that to the fact, that we still don't know what we're doing, and spending more money and effort on trying to stay in Anfield is a major backward step (that alhas it's own thread somewhere).

Haven't they scrapped that cup scheme thingy?

Don't know mate, had some Mancs moaning about it. If old toilet can reach 95'000 then staying at Anfield shouldn't be an option. We'll be back to square one with Anfield being 60'000 and The theater of silence 95'000

Don't know mate, had some Mancs moaning about it. If old toilet can reach 95'000 then staying at Anfield shouldn't be an option. We'll be back to square one with Anfield being 60'000 and The theater of silence 95'000

And we're back into the stadium debate again. :sleep:

Arsenal can compete with the mancs with a 60k stadium, Chelsea can compete with less again.

The stadium capacity has nothing to do with it. Bad management throughout the club, is what made us lose what we have. When changes were needed, they were denied and/or delayed. It started with Souness, it continued through Moores, all the way to last year.

Expectation wise, treating 4th place as a "successful" season, instead of 1st didn't, and doesn't help. Repeatedly prioritising one trophy over another, and then ending up winning nothing, bred the ambition where it was considered "ok" not to be successful, if there wasn't enough cash/prestige to justify it. We still haven't played at the new Wembley yet, where it seems nearly every tinpot professional club has.

What we need is a change of management, and a change of culture where First is First, second is failure. We've got the change of management, but it will take a while before the culture will change. The ambition is still perceived as "we must be Top 4". But we need to aim higher than that. This is Liverpool FC and we're a football club, not a bank. Our first priority is to win. When we win, we can count up the balance sheets later.