You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norway the best country in the world.

Code

Someone should bring out a book 1001 Ways to Die and every single one should just be a picture of a Norwegian beauty spot. "Here's a 1000 foot drop to ice cold water... and here's another one... this one is an 800 ft drop onto sharp rocks. And this one is a 700 foot drop onto a glacier..."

• Upvote 1

I've just had a good think and can honestly say that there has never been a great Norwegian ever born. Seriously, I can't think of any that are of any worth. In fact, have the Norwegians ever contributed and great discoveries or inventions to the world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_slicer#Cheese_slicer

That's the sum total of 1000 years of Norwegian innovation.

That's not entirely true. They've also brought the world the land mine, and aerosol spray. So are responsible for many human deaths, and of course the death of the planet.

Norway.

I didn't realize that they invented the landmine.

Murdering Norwegian bastards.

I'll say this for Norway, they've provided plenty of places where people can hurl themselves off a cliff and die. That counts as a plus for me, not that I want to try this myself. I just like the idea of Norwegians doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I have posted that Håkonson one before mate, but thats from Alaska though.

The thing with those mountains up north in Norway is that you end up down at the sea at the bottom.

For thsoe not familiar with Aksel Lund Svindal, he is the best alpine skier in the world but he say free skiing is a totally different sport and he has a lot to learn from those free skiers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Think I have posted that Håkonson one before mate, but thats from Alaska though.

The thing with those mountains up north in Norway is that you end up down at the sea at the bottom.

For thsoe not familiar with Aksel Lund Svindal, he is the best alpine skier in the world but he say free skiing is a totally different sport and he has a lot to learn from those free skiers.

Yes ive probably seen it on here.

Just amazes me the degree on the first drop on that, must have steel balls.

Yep, stunning

NewZealandPic.jpg

New Zealand...

We like to play ourselves down to be honest. We've got fjords and mountains, sure. But we've also got rolling plains, volcanic wastelands and tropical beaches. Skiing, game fishing, deer hunting, bungee jumping and more.

Norway Best in Europe? Arguable I suppose. The World? Nah.

I've not done it, but it should be possible to do all three of Kjerag, The Pulpit Rock and Trolltunga in one day Remmie or you can stay over at Lysebotn camping and do them over two or three days, they are all in the same area.

The pics above is a girl I know and her friend doing Trolltunga now in September.

Thanks Code, might do that camping suggestion

Where's the best places to go to see the Northern Lights? far enough up that they are reliable (I know they're unreliable but to get good chances)

Sounds and looks like a boss country, but I can't be paying 15 bucks for a beer. That's nonense.  And aren't you giving up like 70 percent of your check in taxes? Fuck that.