You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norway the best country in the world.

Code

Boring, cold country with cold people. Women are quite overrated, a lot of them resemble Scouse girls with their ridiculous fake tans (they abuse it here in Oslo). People are weird with no manners (people push past you and don't say sorry).

Just because it's a rich country doesn't mean it's the best country in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Went to Oslo couple of weeks ago, loved the place. One thing I notice when I go abroad now though, and it's the same with Amsterdam - is the proliferation of homeboys. And I don't mean people of a black persuesion, I mean homeboys. It grows tiresome.

• 5 months later...

My rough thoughts on Norway after having worked with a fair few of them recently

Oil

They are extremely lucky bastards to have vast amounts of oil money that they are bright enough to use as a safety net for the population. On the good side, this makes them quite relaxed. On the bad side, they can be smug, arrogant bastards who are a nightmare to do business with due to not really caring or having a sense of urgency. Basically they are Qatari's but with a nice country instead of a desert.

Vikings

The idea that they are descended from Vikings is a fallacy. All the Vikings got on boats and left so the modern-day Norwegian comes from the genes of the guys who were too chicken-shit or too lazy to go and kill the rest of the world. On the plus side, this means they have deleted the psychotic side of the gene pool. On the negative side, they can be extremely boring and have a tendency to be unable to hold their ale (this is also related to my theory of why most Geordies are psychotic bastards)

So, intelligent but boring, socially aware but arrogant. That is all

I spend plenty of time on ship in Norway and I've learned a few things.

1) beer is expensive as fuck (£8 for a bottle of warm carlsberg)

2) it's (nearly) always freezing cold.

3) people are mostly friendly

4) there are a lot of legendary moustaches on display (especially the lads I've met from Trondheim).