You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok admittedly the modern player has to be an athlete. The more 'Owen-like' a players' lifestyle the better and 3am is excesive when he's supposed to be trying to regain fitness but if he was out with his girlfriend for a meal then i'm not pressing the panic button just yet!

Okay I have to confess, I don't get it.

Hahahahaha! RK's thick! He doesn't get it!

I haven't got a fucking clue either...

Oh, and good riddance to another forum moron. However, as has already been stated, another one will be along in a minute. Unfortunately.

EDIT - and I'm too fucking slow anyway. Bollocks to it.

Andy Carroll was at bumper?

Fucking fantastic

On a much more important subject the pacman arcade machine in bumper is set at a super duper difficult level. After much mouthing off about how awesome I am at pacman it made me look like a right cunt when I died on the first level.

Un fucking believable. what reason are you out till 3 in the morning on a Wednesday night?

:|

I see the first hangover signs of our players not playing in Europe this week, have taken effect. Holy shite, someone was out past "CL Extra Time" hour.

What would be the reaction if Carroll celebrated a goal by Fing and Blinding into a live tv camera?

Olaf Tufte is a cunt.

someone who rows a boat for a living living... and at a professional level. Is not right in the head.

Hard to disagree with that, especially the last sentence. I'd say most individual athletes are a bit too single-minded in that respect. He said as much in the same seminar, that he was "dumb enough" to go through with that sort of training regime only to be awarded with a pack of flowers that he was allergic to...

He said something I think goes for a lot of footballers though: The motivation to be best should come from within in trying to be the very best, not just becoming popular and having lots of money. That won't take you to the very top, and athletes that play/perform better when the crowds are bigger are basically the same. They will only push themselves so far in training, and therefore won't achieve the same physique as if they put in all the effort of a glamorous matchday (my translation into football) . I'd say that goes for a lot of our current group of players. At home against the Mancs when the atmosphere is great they put in a bigger effort than on a cold Monday/Wednesday night in Blackpool/Stoke or wherever....

Those interested in training philosophy should take a look here:

Velkommen til Olympiatoppen

Edit: thought there be an English version... Oh well. You could look at the videos (in blue) to look at what kind of exercises I tried this weekend though. Didn't go too well btw...

While our national football team (although having a mini-revival under Egil Olsen) isn't much to brag about, we are (still) cleaning up in winter sports diciplines despite competing against countries with greater resources (people at least:whatever:) than us... That's of course got a lot to do with tradition and geography, but just as much the effort put into sports science...

I was out last night til three in the morning.

I was absolutely smashed out of my tiny little brain.

My poo smells proper weird today.

I am also almost definitely a cunt, but not cos I got smashed last night.

Do i win a prize?

I'm glad tobycatz noticed it, I was starting to lose faith in this place.

And Rash, that link is not referring to people that have 5 days to get it out their system. He has today off and it will all be out of his system by tomorrow, there is nothing wrong with the odd night out, think you may be letting your own views on alcohol get in the way.

Love me, hate me whatever, I'm what you'll never be. Scouse. Oh and yes, us scousers are the life blood of both the club and the community, it starts and ends with us. Be glad you got invited you cunt.

I'm glad, for a second I was concerned he was banned for criticising a player, glad it's actually just because he's a massive twat.

The dirty manc.