You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I am a bit out of line with the general feeling of the forum by the looks & would expect any young athlete being paid an excellent wage, to avoid drink & fags as part of the deal.

On the thread itself, is it just me that thinks that it is the totally unnecessary 'well' at the start of the thread title that makes it a classic, leaving a mental picture of Wrong Islander with his hands on his hips like 'Mrs Brown'.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit out of line with the general feeling of the forum by the looks & would expect any young athlete being paid an excellent wage, to avoid drink & fags as part of the deal.

On the thread itself, is it just me that thinks that it is the totally unnecessary 'well' at the start of the thread title that makes it a classic, leaving a mental picture of Wrong Islander with his hands on his hips like 'Mrs Brown'.

I can't get into the 2nd part of that post as I have no idea where his hands where when writing the post and don't want to scrutinise that as it could be a can o' worms.

As to his personal discipline I think the staff and players are going to have a hard job of keeping him focused if not, my hope is that the staff will be aware of it and mitigate the worst case scenario will so it will be that we get a few good years out of him and spot when it's time to sell up, when he is young he will get away with it for a bit. As he ages though and cumulative effects kick in he could suffer the sort of issues we have seen so many times in many players careers either from playing too much when young and developing, see Torres, Fowler, Owen or from their excesses off the pitch. There is a point when it all starts to slip away and I hope we are Wengeresque in our vision for spotting that to get maximum value and let him go off to Chelsea or City and waste loads of their time and effort flogging a dead horse while we rack up more titles by which time Morgan will be doing it up front.

Seriously it is a concern of mine also but we've bought him now so what you gonna do but trust the genius that is Kenny to get the best out of him.

Alan Shearer he is not and never will be so as much as I can't help it when I see him looking like a wet eared son welcomed to the machine drooling ready to lap it all up and knock it all back, I try not to think of it too much. Then I look at Torres and think fuck it.

I can't get into the 2nd part of that post as I have no idea where his hands where when writing the post and don't want to scrutinise that as it could be a can o' worms.

As to his personal discipline I think the staff and players are going to have a hard job of keeping him focused if not, my hope is that the staff will be aware of it and mitigate the worst case scenario will so it will be that we get a few good years out of him and spot when it's time to sell up, when he is young he will get away with it for a bit. As he ages though and cumulative effects kick in he could suffer the sort of issues we have seen so many times in many players careers either from playing too much when young and developing, see Torres, Fowler, Owen or from their excesses off the pitch. There is a point when it all starts to slip away and I hope we are Wengeresque in our vision for spotting that to get maximum value and let him go off to Chelsea or City and waste loads of their time and effort flogging a dead horse while we rack up more titles by which time Morgan will be doing it up front.

Seriously it is a concern of mine also but we've bought him now so what you gonna do but trust the genius that is Kenny to get the best out of him.

Alan Shearer he is not and never will be so as much as I can't help it when I see him looking like a wet eared son welcomed to the machine drooling ready to lap it all up and knock it all back, I try not to think of it too much. Then I look at Torres and think fuck it.

That is barely coherent.

• 2 weeks later...

The Daily Fail would have you believe he was on the lash in Madrid this week. Or was he enjoying a quiet beverage with his team mates?

You decide.

article-0-0BCCE11400000578-522_634x367.jpg

article-0-0BCCE13A00000578-527_306x423.jpg

article-0-0BCCE16D00000578-403_306x423.jpg

article-0-0BCCE12500000578-38_634x333.jpg

article-0-0BCCE18100000578-187_634x363.jpg

By the way...how fucking cool is Raul? He's too cool for school. HOWL!

The mail article is a disgrace.

"Get the beers in! Carroll ignores Capello's advice as £35m man leads Liverpool jolly"

"Fabio Capello's warning to Andy Carroll to steer clear of alcohol has seemingly fallen on deaf ears."

"I'll get this round in: Carroll appears to enjoy a beer in the Spanish capital with team-mate Reina"

"But the 22-year-old, who signed for Liverpool in a record £35million deal on January deadline day, didn't seem concerned about Capello's worries as he enjoyed a day in the Madrid sun."

"Although the pictures are unlikely to please Reds boss Kenny Dalglish"

Quite often the two go hand in hand.

I'm very rarely just out for a nice stroll at 3am.

What I mean is if he is out at 3am and he's had a few but he's in control. His mates are out, he's having a dance and that I've not got an issue as long as it's not the day or so before matches.

If he was shit faced, slapping women, harrassing doorstaff and fellow bar-goers and generally bringing the club into disrepute that's a completely different kettle of fish

What I mean is if he is out at 3am and he's had a few but he's in control. His mates are out, he's having a dance and that I've not got an issue as long as it's not the day or so before matches.

If he was shit faced, slapping women, harrassing doorstaff and fellow bar-goers and generally bringing the club into disrepute that's a completely different kettle of fish

Boss night out though

Why the fuck is he with Tim Cahill? That mouth breather doesn't deserve to be hanging out with Reina and Carroll.

he did what anyone would do, when its a choice of Pepe, Carroll, Meireles, Johnson in Spain or Phil Neville, Tony Hibbert and Jermaine Beckford in England theres only one option it has to be said