You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

Worth every penny. Hopefully he can have the sort of impact for us Drogba has had at Chelsea. He doesn't have the pace, but is still unplayable in certain situations. Kompany won't have had a tougher first 45 minutes this season than he had tonight.

Great first half, but tired pretty badly, so the criticism of his fitness isn't totally unjust. Look at the work rate of Kuyt and compare it to Carroll and you see what I mean. Obviously the big man has been out for a long time, but I think he'll need to improve his fitness another 10 % for us to really enjoy him over the long haul. Fantastic presence up top when he's on form though.

By the way, how refreshing is it to see the number of players we get into the opposition box under Kenny compared to the previous two regimes? ( I was a big fan of Rafa, but this always irked me a bit)

Great first half, but tired pretty badly, so the criticism of his fitness isn't totally unjust. Look at the work rate of Kuyt and compare it to Carroll and you see what I mean. Obviously the big man has been out for a long time, but I think he'll need to improve his fitness another 10 % for us to really enjoy him over the long haul. Fantastic presence up top when he's on form though.

By the way, how refreshing is it to see the number of players we get into the opposition box under Kenny compared to the previous two regimes? ( I was a big fan of Rafa, but this always irked me a bit)

Apart from tevez and park who else has the same work rate as kuyt? So not having the same work rate as kuyt is hardly a disgrace. Carroll still isn't 100% yet and he will improve in both fitness and ability while at our club.

I must admit when I first saw this thread with all the posts I thought it was going to be one of those marvellous hindsight resurrection threads started when he was at Newcastle, a bit like the Hodgson for manager or Suarez world cup handball one.

Great read all the same though.

ha ha ha!

couldnt read the whole thread but quite amusing all the same. i thought this was a pre signing or at signing thread but it was april 7th!!!! that rules out possible confusion over another number 9 who may have been the slander target then heh heh

cant actually believe he thought being out 5 days before a game even if he was having a few is out of order. as long as he is not getting mullered im pretty sure he could have been out on thur or fri too. is there a cut off time other than the obvious day before a game? if moderation is applied and any drink consumed doesnt stop you performing knock yerself out (figuratively speaking of course).

unfortunately when George Best played drink often didnt really stop him playing better than we would have liked