You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Stumpy, you are an absolute leg you are. Been round there today and not only has the McVities situation been sorted, the hobnobs are now sharing a cupboard with a stock of jaffa cakes and some choco bars I've not seen in ten years.

Absolutely made up. I owe you.

Haha that's sound, did you check their freezer? They probably had real bacon in there.

Haha that's sound, did you check their freezer? They probably had real bacon in there.

That's one thing I haven't had to worry about round here. Met a farmer with land near here who came over from somewhere outside Leeds about ten years ago. He says he spent five years trying to find a decent sausage in this country, then gave up, quit his accounting job and bought a herd of Berkshire pigs. Butchers and crafts his own bacon, sausages, chops and sausage rolls and sells them weekly at a farmer's market near mine.

That plus the biccies today plus my successful search documented in the GF 'Pork Pie' thread means life is looking up in the great white north.

Now if I could just find a decent fucking pint in this country I'd be minted...

Listen lad you're a fuckin plassy Liverpool fan who has no idea what it means to be a supporter of this club.

Every post you make screams "I'm a clueless yank twat" so fuckin do one.

Oh dear. Poor the Mongislander.

And let me say, I take little pleasure in identifying you as a fucking mong from very early doors.

Come to think of it, what's happend to Catch22, there hasn't been a circular discussion about wages, net spend and league position for ages!

Actually, didn't he have an unhealthy knowledge of European managers?

You don't think.... Has anyone actually ever seen Catch22 and WrongIslander in the same room?

Don't want to make excuses, but it was midweek and he is a very young man who does like a beer afterall.

£3Billion pounds a week (or whatever the hell we pay him) isn't going to change that now is it?

We were all out drinking at 3am at that age (some of us still are).

As long as he's professional in the sense that he is never late for work, never misses training, and always gives his best on the pitch and it doesn't affect his fitness or performance then I think we can all turn a blind eye, that too and as long as he avoids any trouble.

I imagine as he gets older this sort of thing will happen less frequently.

The last thing LFC needs is a photo in The Sun of a shit-faced young striker in the early hours of the morning. I'm not saying he can't enjoy himself. I am saying there's a standard that the club expects and if it's OK with the club, it will be OK for the supporters.

This Pavlovian response which entails calling anyone or anything you disagree with a 'cunt' is certainly an interesting development in the early 21st century. Hopefully it's just a short-term backwater internet thing and doesn't materialise into actual real-life communication. But that's just IMO.

Anyway Andy Carroll. People have their pre-conceptions (the priori) of him and they seek further evidence which they will then use to re-allign their initial pre-conceptions and create a posterior opinion. This is like a Bayesian approach to decision making and whilst the evidence is limited (he's not been here long) there is likely to be quite a wide confidence interval for Andy Carroll's expected performance.

Nevertheless, for people who aren't optimistic this sort of 'evidence' is worrying. But the initial point still stands, he isn't a 'cunt' for doing what he chooses to do but neither am I for speculating that he might have been a bad buy. However, I take the point that we need more evidence before a more robust decision can be made - our confidence intervals are very wide indeed.