You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

To be honest, I think you're right about a climb down. If they can't meet their commitment against a background of increasing costs, and there is major opposition to the council footing the full cost, then it's an ideal way of passing the blame onto us.

Look at the West Ham debacle. Not content with having off the taxpayer over building and rent costs, their now quibbling over who should make the stadium more supporter friendly. Given Joe's penchant for mate's rates, you can see this going south faster than the life expectancy of a pie on Samuel's plate.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43488055

West Ham are in the middle of a £6m legal row with their landlords over who should pay to make the London Stadium more supporter friendly.

The Hammers pay the London Legacy Development Corporation £2.5m a year to use the stadium as part of a 99-year lease, a sum that will halve should they get relegated to the Championship.

However, they have identified a number of areas - including the sale of draught beer and availability of Sky TV - that do not meet their requirements.

The two parties, who are already in one legal dispute over the capacity of the London Stadium, are going to have the fresh case heard by a mutually agreed independent legal expert, who will make a decision both sides have agreed to abide by.

News of the legal wrangle comes before a meeting on Monday between West Ham's vice-chairman Karren Brady and Mayor of London Sadiq Khan over the future of the stadium and its financial viability - it is currently set to lose £140m over the next 10 years.

In December, Khan said he was taking direct control of the stadium "in order to renegotiate deals and minimise ongoing losses" after publication of a damning report about the financial planning around the London Stadium.

WHAT ARE THE ISSUES?

For their £2.5m annual payment, West Ham believe the LLDC should meet all the running costs of the stadium, including stewarding, catering and policing.

The LLDC counters that the payment actually only covers what could be regarded as a 'bronze' level of service and that West Ham should pay for the 'platinum' option being demanded.

West Ham's demands include:

•The sale of draught beer at all bars, currently impossible because of the lack of pumps

• Sky TV on all televisions at the ground. West Ham pay for the licence but the London Stadium has adverts on some screens

•That the LLDC, not the club, should pay for hospitality staff who work in the corporate boxes at the stadium

While these sums on an individual basis are quite small, it is estimated that over the length of a 99-year lease they would exceed £100m, which is why they are being contested by the LLDC.

The joint cost of the current legal dispute is expected to be £6m.

BEHIND THE GOALS

There has been an ongoing dispute between the club and the LLDC over the carpeted area behind each goal.

It is presently green. West Ham want it changed to claret, so it is more in keeping with the club's colours, and have their crest on it. They say they are willing to meet the estimated £140,000 cost.

The LLDC is resistant because it feels this would impact on other events. A West Ham source has told the BBC the LLDC wants an additional £150,000 to agree to the change of colour, and claims the carpet will need changing soon anyway because it is starting to become worn.

SECURITY

The one area of agreement is that a repeat of the scenes witnessed at West Ham's last home game against Burnley should be avoided at all costs.

A number of fans invaded the pitch, supporters unhappy with the club's board protested in front of the directors' box and joint owner David Sullivan was hit by a coin.

A West Ham source has said the stewarding for that game, and others, was "inadequate", a view shared by many fans.

The LLDC believes it has fulfilled its requirements in terms of stewarding. A safety advisory group report specifically into the trouble at the Burnley game said the level of disorder "would have been almost impossible for any security team to manage".

However, the group has warned the stadium could be closed if there is a repeat and additional police and stewards will be present for West Ham's Premier League game against Southampton on 31 March.

West Ham are currently 17th in the Premier League, one place and two points above Southampton and the relegation zone.

WHAT THEY SAY

A LLDC spokesman said: "We believe West Ham is claiming rights under the concession agreement that are not theirs. West Ham has initiated all of the legal action but we would much prefer to resolve these matters through negotiation. There is great value in these rights over the lifetime of the agreement and we have a duty to defend our rights in order to protect the public purse."

A senior West Ham source said: "We have bought a new house but it doesn't feel like a home yet because we can't get all our stuff in it and get it the way we want it. Also, if you buy a house and agree a price, you don't expect to start getting charged more once you have moved in."

There are a number of different West Ham fans groups but in a recent survey by the West Ham United Independent Supporters Association, only 19.79% of respondents said their match tickets were better value for money, taking into account stadium experience and transportation issues, than they had been at West Ham's former home Upton Park.

How the fuck can a premier league team thst spent a fortune on plsyers last summer not be able to get finance for under 300ml for s new stadium.

There never has been a plan for them to do it. Fat Joed idea all along has been to build one and rent it out as cheap as possible to them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How the fuck can a premier league team thst spent a fortune on plsyers last summer not be able to get finance for under 300ml for s new stadium.

There never has been a plan for them to do it. Fat Joed idea all along has been to build one and rent it out as cheap as possible to them

Exactly, they were banking on the commonwealth games bid being successful so he could claim he had a good reason to build them a stadium with tax money.

That failed so now he's doing his best to figure out a plan B.

Has Rotherham not got any power to rein him in? I know the city region is made up of 6 councils, but surely the metro mayor should have been given the power to rein any if those councils in if they're doing something so reckless?

If he has got such powers, why isn't he using them?

Only reason why Moshiri bought them, he just wanted a free stadium. The fact that they need to go cap in hand to the council debunks the theory of many Evertonians saying that his mate Usmanov is financing Everton.

Only Liverpool could end up with this embarrassing prick as mayor while letting Andy Burnham be mayor of Manchester.

But if you say anything about the stadium you are a jealous redshite whose head has fallen off.

Burnham was the one who gave the decision they couldn’t have the Kirkby stadium.

I was going to post this earlier. Said with absolutely no knowledge of the irony. Golden.

They have form for it....going on earlier in the season about filling in Italians...yet get them onto the subject of Italian fans being killed whilst fighting/crowd disturbances were taking place...

Has Rotherham not got any power to rein him in? I know the city region is made up of 6 councils, but surely the metro mayor should have been given the power to rein any if those councils in if they're doing something so reckless?

If he has got such powers, why isn't he using them?

I don't think he's got either the formal or the informal powers; Joe has spent quite a few years building a wall of yes-men (councillors and officials) around him.

They’re living in a fantasy land. This is never happening. It’s just one big political point scoring game for Anderson. His mayorship will be up in about 18 months and the position will be redundant because of the regional mayor position being created. It’s why he was trying to become the MP for Walton. Since he got fucked off in regards to that he’s been shouting his mouth off every week to try to keep himself relevant.

This is the latest thing he’s doing to try to undermine Steve Rotherham. When he leaves in 18 months it’s going to be Rotherham dishing out the bad news which is exactly what he wants. If you honestly think a central Tory govt is going to allow the Liverpool City Council to loan £500m to build a football stadium for a “billionaire” owned premier league club then take a step back. It’s not happening. The whole thing is going to end in tears.

• Upvote 4

They’re living in a fantasy land. This is never happening. It’s just one big political point scoring game for Anderson. His mayorship will be up in about 18 months and the position will be redundant because of the regional mayor position being created. It’s why he was trying to become the MP for Walton. Since he got fucked off in regards to that he’s been shouting his mouth off every week to try to keep himself relevant.

This is the latest thing he’s doing to try to undermine Steve Rotherham. When he leaves in 18 months it’s going to be Rotherham dishing out the bad news which is exactly what he wants. If you honestly think a central Tory govt is going to allow the Liverpool City Council to loan £500m to build a football stadium for a “billionaire” owned premier league club then take a step back. It’s not happening. The whole thing is going to end in tears.

Ex-fucking-zactly.

Just come across this beaut on GOT

Today at 8:40 AM

Cork EvertonianPlayer Valuation: £20m

We will beat this lot.Let's get about intimidating them in the right way.We don't flares and pyro, we don't need to throw bottles at the Liverpool team coach.The roar of the Goodison crowd, will be enough to frighten the living daylights out of them.So i think we will win with a goal or two to spare.

The pub's resident bitter was in last night with his equally bitter son and wife. I finished work at 7 and was having a pint with one of my regulars, when I overheard the son saying

"All we have to do is kick their lot into the air on Saturday. Who cares if we get red cards and lose the match, at least if we injure them they might not get to the semi final". This bloke is in his mid 30's.

I didn't say anything until I was leaving about half an hour later and I turned to the bitter and said "I don't know if Klopp's gonna rest a few key players or not for the derby but if he does you might do well mate"

He's a season ticket holder and his response was to offer me his ticket for the game. I explained I would be working and he said "the seats will have to stay empty then coz I'm not going to watch that lot"

He launched into a rant about them getting beat by City and how disappointed he was with the display. Standard rant really except that he included the line "I know we can beat anyone who comes to Goodison"

They never cease to entertain, the set of twats. 

Just come across this beaut on GOT

Today at 8:40 AM

Cork EvertonianPlayer Valuation: £20m

We will beat this lot.Let's get about intimidating them in the right way.We don't flares and pyro, we don't need to throw bottles at the Liverpool team coach.The roar of the Goodison crowd, will be enough to frighten the living daylights out of them.So i think we will win with a goal or two to spare.

You know that bit in Dead Mans Shoes were Gary Stretch threatens Paddy in the street and Paddy does that fake scared response? Well, if I knew how to upload a gif, then that.

• Upvote 1

I think this week has broken some of them given the contrast in our respective performances against City. One guy used to always say that we massively overrated ourselves and that they weren't that far behind us, but now he's saying that they're further behind us than at any point since the 70's. I think they're actually acknowledging that we have a top class manager and players, and they have blown a fortune last summer in what was supposed to take them to the next level and allow them to compete with us. I think their performances this season and having Allardyce in charge, and seeing us looking favourites for a CL semi and a top four finish has really worn them down. Still bitter bastards like, but it's lovely to see they've realised the reality of their situation.