You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Whoever threw the cans/bottles/flares at the Man City bus will hopefully be found and prosecuted. They have undermined a brilliant night for Liverpool. 

Charges will come from UEFA after the CL final, and while I can't imagine it will be anything too severe, it sort of puts the club on notice. I hate that. 

The story should be all about the players, the manager, the incredible atmosphere. To the degree that it is not, we have a few idiots to thank. 

It's tempting to point out what other fans at other clubs have done at various times, but highlighting their bad behavior obfuscates our own. Those who did this let the club down. They crossed a line that took it from passionate support to yobbish behaviour - and that unfortunately feeds a stereotype that the vast majority of good reds don't deserve, but will be tainted with by association. 

Hopefully CCTV comes through and those responsible are prosecuted. 

As for Everton, they are rubbish, and hopefully we get the three points, even with a team that will probably see about 5-6 changes from the one last night. 

• Upvote 5

Scanned the GOT thread about DT's comments about the culprits in the coach episode last night and the out pouring of morale indignation by blues, of the acts of hundreds RS attempting to hijack the coach and how despicable these people are and how everton fans are above this, then one of them posts this...

Roger MillaPlayer Valuation: £10m

I remember years ago Thompson got stuck at the lights outside the Oak after one of our games. He got dogs abuse and the little rat bottled and shouted "I'm a Blue" out of the window.

Someone then threw a bottle at his car. I can assure you the little weasel was crapping himself and not laughing about it.

Irony is lost on this lot. 

I had a look at that thread too. It reminded me of the local news up here in West Yorkshire when a major international incident or event is going on, and you can almost sense their joy that a local person died, or the person at the centre of it was once photod in Huddersfield train station bogs or something.

They’re over the moon that Davey Thompson has given them legitimacy to be outraged over it all.

The post you highlighted was a good one. I also liked the chap saying he only wished one of the city players had been badly hurt and come off the coach streaming in blood.

Only so the authorities would act and stop this terrible sort of thing from happening again, you understand.

• Upvote 1

Scanned the GOT thread about DT's comments about the culprits in the coach episode last night and the out pouring of morale indignation by blues, of the acts of hundreds RS attempting to hijack the coach and how despicable these people are and how everton fans are above this, then one of them posts this...

Roger MillaPlayer Valuation: £10m

I remember years ago Thompson got stuck at the lights outside the Oak after one of our games. He got dogs abuse and the little rat bottled and shouted "I'm a Blue" out of the window.

Someone then threw a bottle at his car. I can assure you the little weasel was crapping himself and not laughing about it.

Irony is lost on this lot.

I was going to post this earlier. Said with absolutely no knowledge of the irony. Golden.

Council could entirely fund Everton’s new £500m stadium if club cannot raise its share, says Mayor

Liverpool City Council could entirely fund Everton FC’s £500m new stadium if the club were unable to raise their share of the cost via private investment.

City Mayor Joe Anderson told LBN there was a possible scenario where the city could build and own the stadium, planned for Bramley Moore Dock on the waterfront, and lease it back to the club.

The current arrangement will see the council borrow £280m at ultra-low interest rates and then pass that loan on to the club at a profit to the city of around £7m a year over 25 years.

That still leaves around £220m for Everton to find and last month the club’s chief executive Robert Elstone admitted raising the balance would “not be easy”.

So while both the Mayor and the club are still confident Everton can raise its share of the funding and go ahead with the current model, the idea of the city funding the whole project is an option on the table.

The downside of that from Everton’s point of view would be they would not be the owners of their own stadium and would possibly have less control over the final design and specification. The club has set an ambitious timetable for delivery with work starting in summer 2019 and the stadium ready for the kick-off of the 2022/23 season.

“There is an open door to the possibility – it is not ruled out,” Mayor Anderson told LBN.

“Everton want to own their own stadium and they are still confident they can raise the money that would allow them to do that.”

He added that if such a ‘plan b’ were to be implemented it would significantly change the terms of the whole deal. He explained: “There would have to be a completely different securitisation package to go along with that.”

Both the Mayor and Everton see the successful delivery of the stadium as essential for their own separate reasons.

It is estimated the club’s current home, Goodison Park, will no longer be fit for purpose in less than a decade and Mr Elstone says the new stadium is essential to “future-proof” the club. One way or another, Everton will have to find a new home.

Mayor Anderson sees the stadium as the anchor development for the wider regeneration of Liverpool’s Northern Docklands. He sees it as a catalyst for both the Ten Streets scheme and the £5bn Liverpool Waters Project, incorporating the new cruise liner terminal.

The original plan, unveiled a year ago, would have seen Everton raising all of the funding itself with the council acting as guarantor on the loan. That changed, Mayor Anderson said, when he realised the city could benefit financially by becoming a direct funder via the loan arrangement.

Critics of the project, such as opposition Lib Dems on the council as well as a significant number of Liverpool residents, say the investment could be too risky. The Mayor has pledged there will be full transparency and a vote of the full council before any agreement is signed.

https://lbndaily.co.uk/council-entirely-fund-evertons-new-500m-stadium-club-cannot-raise-share-says-mayor/