You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

a coffee shop in their new office

Which is cool -- since they cant string three passes together at least they can shout "au lait" every time someone pours a cup..

Almost like being in Europe.

They're only opening a coffee shop so they can say they've got more cups than the redshite.

Allardyce will take the money and run. Kept them up - job done.

Everton on the other hand need to be careful they don't turn into a team which keeps hiring and firing managers short term. Since Moyes left they've had Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce and come the summer they'll have another. Plus they've sold all the players who they could make a profit on - there'll be no Lukaku money, no Barkley money. I wouldn't be feeling too optimistic if I was a blue looking at the next few years. 

Allardyce will take the money and run. Kept them up - job done.

Everton on the other hand need to be careful they don't turn into a team which keeps hiring and firing managers short term. Since Moyes left they've had Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce and come the summer they'll have another. Plus they've sold all the players who they could make a profit on - there'll be no Lukaku money, no Barkley money. I wouldn't be feeling too optimistic if I was a blue looking at the next few years.

Surely they'll make a killing on the great Tom Davies?

I find their very presence in football a bit depressing really; each time someone like Walcott ends up there I want to shout "you poor fucker, run while you can". Then Aaron Lennon's face comes to mind, a face that could see the gloom on the horizon as if he was adrift at sea, staring into the eye of a storm sure to wreck what's left of his career. This is the way the world ends, he's thinking, not with a bang, but a transfer to Everton.

I try to laugh at them, but instead it's like watching a heavyweight boxer you once disliked go on too long. He may try the odd Ali shuffle or wind-up punch, but he's become a punch-drunk faded journeyman, taking blows from bouncers, fat fucks and part time hardmen. A slurring embittered shell of a man whose brains have long been battered out of his earholes, whose sole claim to fame remains his cross town rival with whom he once traded blows. You try to summon hate, but instead find merely the trace memory of it, and in its place lies something else, pity.

Actually, I've just remembered the Calvert-Lewin penalty and the Heysel stickers, fuck 'em, I hope they spend years swirling the toilet bowl of this league without ever getting the sweet release of being flushed for good. They're cursed to remain the league's floaters.

• Upvote 9