You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

We tried to copy Swansea....

Sam Allardyce to MOTD: "You set out to block the areas Arsenal like to play in, we had the same gameplan that Swansea had on Tuesday. We studied how Swansea played, how defensively sound they were and how they limited Arsenal to very few chances.

"Swansea only had 30% possession but created chances, but I may as well have been talking in a foreign language. We didn't implement my plans either defensively or offensively and the game was dead and buried.

"It doesn't matter what system I pick, it's about players playing to their best. You can show them but it's up to the players.

"I'm not frustrated, I'm angry, very angry at the players performing to that level. It's unacceptable."

• Upvote 1

We tried to copy Swansea....

Sam Allardyce to MOTD: "You set out to block the areas Arsenal like to play in, we had the same gameplan that Swansea had on Tuesday. We studied how Swansea played, how defensively sound they were and how they limited Arsenal to very few chances.

"Swansea only had 30% possession but created chances, but I may as well have been talking in a foreign language. We didn't implement my plans either defensively or offensively and the game was dead and buried.

"It doesn't matter what system I pick, it's about players playing to their best. You can show them but it's up to the players.

"I'm not frustrated, I'm angry, very angry at the players performing to that level. It's unacceptable."

How was he planning to get Cech to fuck up?
  • Upvote 2

Is there any truth in the whisper that regardless of what happens he will walk away with £6 million. That figure was also the rumoured figure for us to get shut of the Owl, and yet again for the national team to get shut of the Owl.

How many bank heists in the last 20 years or so have yielded as much as £6 million? Maybe these armed to the teeth master criminal types might want to consider a career change.

Just watching MOTD. They are piss poor, aren't they.

Worse than they sounded on the radio. First half they were just running around like headless chickens. You have to hand it to Sam. There are international fraudsters out there who are looking on with admiration.

Ramsey tucking away a hat-trick against them reminds me of when he was the young hot property everyone wanted.

It became a shoot-out between United, Us, Arsenal and Chelsea for his signature. Then Everton enquired as well.

Errrrrr, yeah, you’re alright thanks.

Its because Councils can borrow money far cheaper than commercial businesses. So he's doing them a favour and charging them for it. But I dont know if that charge means Everton pay more or less than if they borrowed themselves. It does mean, I should think though,that should things go tits up the risk falls on theCouncil to pay.

Everton would not get favourable rates if they did it themselves due to them being in the red for nearly 3 decades

Billionaires didn't become billionaires by loaning their money to businesses who are a high risk. He's happy to see the city take all the risk while he reaps all the rewards.

They cannot fill their own little wooden bowl with £20 tickets and thousands of free community tickets. but they will fill an even larger place in a remote area with tickets that are surely going to cost considerably more to cover the cost.

At this point there are people who should be prosecuted for abuse of the mentally impaired. Often people will have this idea that if they get this or that then suddenly their life will be better. Instead of understanding that quite often this doesn't work. This idea that a new stadium will suddenly start to win them trophies, when in reality it will be a massive millstone around their neck. When it was going to be a gift as part of the commonwealth games I could understand, who wouldn't want a free stadium. 

It's almost like your relative is going to give you a free car, you can use it for finding a better job and visiting places that public transport makes less practical and is more reliable than the old Skoda that struggles to work now. Then the relative suddenly says they won't do that, you've bought so much in to the idea of your life being better with a new car that you desperately use a sub prime credit card to buy one placing yourself in massive debt so now you have to work and have less to spend visiting those nice places. Put like that it's mental. 

The alarm bells should have started to ring when their billionaire appointed Allardyce, look at the clubs that have appointed him in the past and their owners. 

They are in denial, they are so caught up in trying to get one over us that they will swallow any old shit they are fed.

• Upvote 2