You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Has there ever been an accusation against a Liverpool player that was swept under the carpet?

Never, but its quite charming reading some of their holier than thou opinions and skewed beliefs.

I doubt reminding them of their derby day bants chant of Everton are white, when we signed Barnes, would make them have a re-think.

Guest Pistonbroke

Never, but its quite charming reading some of their holier than thou opinions and skewed beliefs.

I doubt reminding them of their derby day bants chant of Everton are white, when we signed Barnes, would make them have a re-think.

It goes past deluded mate, they are just a bunch of rabid dogs.

One of theirs posted this. 

2. 45435.jpg?1510139878
    FC sexy xxxPlayer Valuation: £8m
    As a way of thank you we should go to a Besiktas v galatasaray game and help the Besiktas lads give them a good hiding .

ToffeeTim and Azzurri like this.

The Premier League's last all-white squad. You won't see that on the side of a bus.

Guest Pistonbroke

‘Moan all he wants’

Everton boss Sam Allardyce has since had his own say on the incident, hitting back at Klopp for ‘moaning’ before praising the bravery of Craig Pawson:

‘I don’t think you can disagree with the penalty – Lovren pushed Calvert-Lewin over.’

‘[Jurgen Klopp can] moan all he wants, it’s a penalty. If you push somebody in the box – our player is goal side, so if he’s not touched, he doesn’t go over but he was touched, he goes over and it’s a penalty.’

‘It’s an extremely brave decision to give that for us in a derby at Anfield and the referee got it right.’

Moan all you want Sam Allardyce, it's a penalty! 

He may or may not have said something to Holgate. Nobody knows yet. Don’t think it’s helpful to make any judgements yet.

He clearly said something Portuguese and non-racist. If he said anything after that, the referee was closer to him than Holgate was, so he would have got an earful and Bobby would have been off.

The Mirror are reporting that it was a misunderstanding that was cleared up at half time.

Everton haven't made a formal complaint.

On the available evidence, it looks extremely unlikely that anything racist was said.

He clearly said something Portuguese and non-racist. If he said anything after that, the referee was closer to him than Holgate was, so he would have got an earful and Bobby would have been off.

The Mirror are reporting that it was a misunderstanding that was cleared up at half time.

On the available evidence, it looks extremely unlikely that anything racist was said.

hqdefault.jpg

Hopefully you're right but I wouldn't place any emphasis on what action that awful referee did or didn't take, he's never been the best referee and recently had been in terrible form. He could have just been scared of making a decision in the moment.

Hopefully you're right but I wouldn't place any emphasis on what action that awful referee did or didn't take, he's never been the best referee and recently had been in terrible form. He could have just been scared of making a decision in the moment.

So the referee doesn't react. What about the 4/5 Everton players also present and closer than Holgate, who also don't react? It's bollocks, mate. And I'm sick of us giving an inch to these cunts.

• Upvote 2

Gotta feel for a bit for Holgate; yes, he's a blue, and possibly a cloth-eared one to boot, but to think someone's abused you in such a way in one of the biggest games of your life, well I doubt many would react differently. Like the Adeyemi claim, which turned out to be untrue IIRC, his reaction is based on sheer shock. 

I reacted similarly when a family member described my beard as "hipster".

• Upvote 1

There is nothing clear about it though. What the camera caught wasn’t. It could have been something that the camera didn’t catch that was.

I think our statement after the game shows that something may have been said as does what Klopp and Allardyce said.

Which was the right thing to do.

Guest Pistonbroke

He may or may not have said something to Holgate. Nobody knows yet. Don’t think it’s helpful to make any judgements yet.

There is nothing clear about it though. What the camera caught wasn’t. It could have been something that the camera didn’t catch that was.

I think our statement after the game shows that something may have been said as does what Klopp and Allardyce said.

Yeah, OK. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Our statement is us learning lessons and keeping our powder dry. Nothing more.

Yep, plus Klopp said in his presser he thought it was all about the foul and no yellow being given, he said he knew nothing about apparent words being said. 

Sorry RobbieOR but you are miles wrong there. The club has learnt from the Suarez fiasco and how it handled that shit storm. I do not think it lends any credence to what might have been said.

Sorry RobbieOR but you are miles wrong there. The club has learnt from the Suarez fiasco and how it handled that shit storm. I do not think it lends any credence to what might have been said.

I may have explained it wrong. I agree that the club are learning from it. I also think we should be doing the same thing and just wait and see what happened. It does nobody any favors being flippant about what happened.

Yep, plus Klopp said in his presser he thought it was all about the foul and no yellow being given, he said he knew nothing about apparent words being said.

He said that's what he thought at half time but at full time he was spoken to again and realised it was something else, but that he didn't fully understand what went on or what was said.

Guest Pistonbroke

He said that's what he thought at half time but at full time he was spoken to again and realised it was something else, but that he didn't fully understand what went on or what was said.

Presser = full time. 

I may have explained it wrong. I agree that the club are learning from it. I also think we should be doing the same thing and just wait and see what happened. It does nobody any favors being flippant about what happened.

I hear what you say but I am not being flippant and not saying you are saying I am. I am just sick to death of our club and our players being made out to be racists. This stuff goes around the world and lesser outlets are not so accurate with the reporting. As I have said real evidence of racism should be investigated mischievous claims should not. The hornets nest stirred by the ex player tv pundits is an utter disgrace.