You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I met an actual Blue in a toilet in Dublin tonight, big fat guy with a salmon shirt.

Me: "Well, at least I'm not Norwegian, man."

Him: "Do you know, when the Icelandic volcanic ash cloud was happening, your attendance dropped to 80%."

Me: "Hmm yes, I've heard that one before. Anyway, see you later."

He was from Blackpool.

Guest Pistonbroke

Holgates deleted his twitter

Apparantly people pulling up lods of homo[hobic tweets he has wrote in the past

The fucking irony. 

These cunts are desperate for Holgate to have been racially abused by Firmino tonight

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/liverpool-2-1-everton-virgil-11804539

Holgate clearly thought he had been insulted by the Brazilian, and suggested it had been a racist comment, but in fact he misheard, with Firmino clearly using a Portuguese phrase which basically called him a “crazy mother******”.

The matter seemed to have been settled at half time when Everton's backroom staff cleared up the misunderstanding with their defender, and that set up a wonderful tie, when Gylfi Sigurdsson equalised James Milner's opening penalty.

Guest Pistonbroke

Hahahaha, hope he jumps into bed and his wife tells him she is leaving him. 

Badge1878 said: 
Out of the pit - head clearing from what I’ve just seen - for the first time in ages proud as hell of Everton and our support. 

Seen a few texts and tweets about that decision in the first half. Shock, Horror Liverpool get a favourable penalty decision in the Derby. Fed up of it, it’s become embarrassing how they get these decisions so often. Will Lama be up before the committee for a five? 

If Holgate - who was superb on the night - got tight to the lad, if anyone says his fall was a result of the touchtight marking is kidding himself. It was a shocking decision - but I won’t hear a word in the media of the five. Niasse got pilloried for his defence that he was touched so went down - for this kid and them there will be nowt.

Forget the media hyperbole, we stood up and competed there for the first time in years. Not sure what Gok Won said to Holgate but must have been bad to get the reaction from Mason the way he did. Ref has left that for the FA to decide I reckon.

You know, got beat (again) but we had a right go and loads wrong with us but for the first time we weren’t scared and went toe to toe. I’d still live with our history & all that compared to theirs but what matters more to me is do that eleven on the pitch wearing Royal Blue deserve the support they get from us? Tonight they did. 

We ain’t great, they ain’t the Haarlem Globetrotters either. Let’s deal with it.

The whole Firmino-Holgate affair is unsavoury.

It all looks like much ado about nothing.

If so, and in hindsight, you can't be too mad at Holgate. He could've been a bit more discreet with his allegation to the ref if he wasn't entirely sure what was said.

But, I've never had the misfortune of being racially abused and I couldn't guarantee that I'd react in the way I suggested if I ever were to be.

Holgate has apparently deleted his Twitter now as a few Tweets he sent in 2012 using homophobic language have been retweeted.

He shouldn't have tweeted such things, but I'm not sure that I agree with him being hounded if he made a genuine mistake re: Firmino and it was clarified at half time.

So far, the biggest divvies in it all have been the folks indulging in trial by social media, who were just itching for it to have legs, purely for football tribalist reasons.

• Upvote 5

Pissing myself laughing the way they even have the nerve to bitch about that penalty after the pathetic one they were awarded a few weeks ago. Their fans and manager tried to take the moral high ground saying you cant touch anyone in the penalty area. Now the situation is reversed they are crying their arses off. But we were crying arse kopites in December.

At least they actually had a go at us today but we were still missing our two most important players.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

The whole penalty irony thing is hilarious.

Kloppo handled it brilliantly in the Presser.

Yep, way too clever for those mongs. The irony coming so soon after the incident at Anfield in the PL makes it even more hilarious. It will just add to the spice when we play them at Woodison the 7th of April. I doubt very much that game will finish with 22 players on the pitch, that fat cunt will have them diving into tackles unless they are desperate for points. We'll need a strong referee for that match.