You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

So you're justifying hysteria based on previous windows, right. No chance of actually waiting to see what happens? I mean I can understand concerns, anxiety and all that. But the bitters are frankly embarrassing at the moment, it makes me cringe. Another first for them, they signed some players. I get it, they have had nothing to cheer about for 22 years and when they usually crow it's short lived as they get beaten the week after. The closed season is the only time they can comfortably crow without that.

But our hysteria is as cringeworthy, it's shocking how retarded it is. I'll be standing right next to you with a pitchfork should our transfer window be as bad as other years, have a little faith and see what happens first.

The bitters have sold their best player, the player that had most potential and to the mancs. It's a repeat of what they did with Rooney and they're too stupid to see it. They've bought some players that if we had purchased them there would be hysteria, they're mainly pretty average.

I can't see Everton finishing in the Europa cup places this coming season, I may have a sneaky bet on them going down. Ronald has a pretty shit record when you really look at it, he does well initially with the players he has when he gets to a club and then the rot sets in later. 

I was agreeing with you untilthat last para. Unless it is utterly tongue in cheek. A bet to go down when there'd hudderfield and brighton not to mention the other perenial strugglers in the prem? Wont finish in a Europa League place? OK, that might be a bit touch and go but I think they'll be there abouts.

Other than that, their fans are pure comedy gold, they've been hearing all this shit about 'noggie' reds etc for so long they truely dont see the handful of fans they have in other countries. Wasnt there some guy who came all the way from Thailand for a game last season and he was lorded over as an example of their 'world wide appeal,' yet, the mental blindness by the hordes was telling.

• Upvote 1

While I do not believe they will get relegated, I mean they're bound to have an opposition goalkeeper taking a bung to save them, I genuinely do not see them making even the Europa places. They will probably drop a few places.

Moving fast in the transfer window doesn't equate to much really, average players remain average players no matter how much of a pre season you give them. 

They have lost 29 goals a season, their best player. How that doesn't damage you I do not know. They now also have to squeeze in the old granny shagger who isn't really up to the task. 

Can you imagine the fume when they realise he's shit, they are expecting the young lad they sold. When result don't go their way and reality bites it's going to be a real shit show. 

• Upvote 1

Since Everton last won the league in 1987 they have only beaten us 13 times in all competitions but three of them came in a short space of time in the early 90s.

Last time Everton beat us was 2-0 in October 2010 when the Owl was in charge.

Before that they beat us 1-0 in December 2004 when Lee Carsley scored.

Then the 3-0 game in September 2006 when the sad bastards brought a dvd out.

They did manage to beat us in the FA Cup in 2009 but Dan Goslings goal was interrupted by a TV failure so none of their teleclappers got to see it.

They haven't beaten us at Anfield since 1999. But our heads are falling off.

Richard Keys thinks them signing Wazza makes them favourite to finish above us next year?!

Surprised he can drag himself away from his daughter's friends long enough to comment.

Fair enough on the Rooney comment, when Keys last worked at Sky Sports Rooney was a decent player. 

• Upvote 1

What Koeman has to address is how to get goals out of a team that has been over-reliant on Lukaku for goals ever since the Belgian joined the club. Of course you want your main man to score a significant percentage of your goals but the gap between Lukaku and the rest has been growing increasingly wider. They've been fortunate with Lukaku not having had any lengthy spells out injured. Barkley has been 2nd or 3rd in their goalscoring list in the past few years, and he's another who might be heading for the exit door.

What Koeman has to address is how to get goals out of a team that has been over-reliant on Lukaku for goals ever since the Belgian joined the club. Of course you want your main man to score a significant percentage of your goals but the gap between Lukaku and the rest has been growing increasingly wider. They've been fortunate with Lukaku not having had any lengthy spells out injured. Barkley has been 2nd or 3rd in their goalscoring list in the past few years, and he's another who might be heading for the exit door.

Isn't there some stat kicking about that without every goal lukaku scored last year, they would have still finished 7th.