You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Cant see how Commonwealth Games in 2026 will be any use to Everton. Can they wait 9 years for a stadium. Cant see stadium getting built,used for football, converted to CG athletic stadium then back to football.

They are bidding for the 2022 games because someone has pulled out.

With regards to Moshiri they still haven't grasped the fact that he was unwilling or unable to guarantee a loan himself, let alone that they expect him to plough hundreds of millions into a transfer kitty.

You would almost think he was expecting something to occur to pay for the stadium for them.

As for Usmanov he hasn't exactly bankrolled Arsenal has he. Money to be made on the Docks, I think they understand this. One would imagine Mr Usmanov has a hand in it. Probably an investor already in the Liver Buildings through his frontman Moshiri. Allegedly of course.

That Usmanov thread on GOT is unreal.

Some belter called PhilM is hoping to outsource wife battering to the KGB....

Liverpool can shout and intimidate the away coach with flairs all they; we'll just have the FSB (formally KGB) threaten their wives and children.

Is doping fair if Putin is in charge as well?

And Julie Andrews to replace lukaku

The hills are alive with the sound of boosic

Feed the birds (tuppence a half season ticket)

Supercalifragilistickopitesheadsexplodious

A spoonful of Segers helps Everton not go down

etc

• Upvote 3

With regards to Moshiri they still haven't grasped the fact that he was unwilling or unable to guarantee a loan himself, let alone that they expect him to plough hundreds of millions into a transfer kitty.

You would almost think he was expecting something to occur to pay for the stadium for them.

As for Usmanov he hasn't exactly bankrolled Arsenal has he. Money to be made on the Docks, I think they understand this. One would imagine Mr Usmanov has a hand in it. Probably an investor already in the Liver Buildings through his frontman Moshiri. Allegedly of course.

I think to be fair to usmanov, he wanted to spend all along, but kronke etc had no interest. But he doesn't appear to be in a desperate rush to get out of arsenal and spend his billions on county road.

I think to be fair to usmanov, he wanted to spend all along, but kronke etc had no interest. But he doesn't appear to be in a desperate rush to get out of arsenal and spend his billions on county road.

Arsenal are fucked. Kronke is your typical Yank billionaire. Wants the assets to make money but will do fuck all to make them winners. Usmanov is your typical Russian wants to win and is as stubborn as fuck. He won't admit defeat to a Yank and wouldnt undermine Arsenal by backing Everton.

I'm surprised Kronke hasn't had an accident by now

Arsenal are fucked. Kronke is your typical Yank billionaire. Wants the assets to make money but will do fuck all to make them winners. Usmanov is your typical Russian wants to win and is as stubborn as fuck. He won't admit defeat to a Yank and wouldnt undermine Arsenal by backing Everton.

I'm surprised Kronke hasn't had an accident by now

Well he's backed Everton with the small sponsorship deal of the training ground. Unless he leaves arsenal, I don't see how he can do any more. Agreed it's surprising he's not found a way to deal with kronke or at least persuade him to sell up.

It might just be me, but I think the Commonwealth Games need to be binned. Back in the day, when empire was still fresh in the memory, they started the games. (I looked it up and it was 1930, with a break for WW2). 

Is it still applicable these days? 

The idea of a commonwealth is a bit of a joke. The other economic blocks in the group are happily doing their own thing and playing their part on the world stage. They trade with Britain, but it's not like they are dependent on Britain, and the notion of a master/servant relationship has long since disappeared, and rightly so. 

As an example of the changing world we live in, India is a growing economy and it could become anything on the world stage. In recent years we've sent the Prime Minister there to try to make some trade deals, and I've got the sense that we've gone in with an old mindset, and the Indian Prime Minister has given it short shrift. The relationship has changed. 

Unless I'm missing something, the idea of a Commonwealth is anachronistic. And presumably to elite athletes, it has all the appeal of the League Cup. There's nothing wrong with the League Cup, per se, but if you've tasted bigger and better, it loses its appeal. 

The Olympic Games is king. Then the World Championships. Then (for Europeans) the European Championships. Then there are various other tack and field meets, and some of them are quite lucrative for the athletes. 

I'm sorry, but the Commonwealth Games for me is an event that is no longer relevant. Perhaps there's a certain symmetry that Everton are attempting to use this increasingly irrelevant event as a vehicle back to the big time. 

• Upvote 5

It might just be me, but I think the Commonwealth Games need to be binned. Back in the day, when empire was still fresh in the memory, they started the games. (I looked it up and it was 1930, with a break for WW2). 

Is it still applicable these days? 

The idea of a commonwealth is a bit of a joke. The other economic blocks in the group are happily doing their own thing and playing their part on the world stage. They trade with Britain, but it's not like they are dependent on Britain, and the notion of a master/servant relationship has long since disappeared, and rightly so. 

As an example of the changing world we live in, India is a growing economy and it could become anything on the world stage. In recent years we've sent the Prime Minister there to try to make some trade deals, and I've got the sense that we've gone in with an old mindset, and the Indian Prime Minister has given it short shrift. The relationship has changed. 

Unless I'm missing something, the idea of a Commonwealth is anachronistic. And presumably to elite athletes, it has all the appeal of the League Cup. There's nothing wrong with the League Cup, per se, but if you've tasted bigger and better, it loses its appeal. 

The Olympic Games is king. Then the World Championships. Then (for Europeans) the European Championships. Then there are various other tack and field meets, and some of them are quite lucrative for the athletes. 

I'm sorry, but the Commonwealth Games for me is an event that is no longer relevant. Perhaps there's a certain symmetry that Everton are attempting to use this increasingly irrelevant event as a vehicle back to the big time.

But how else would the shit athletes get a medal?

Hundreds of millions spent on new facilities that will be sold off on the cheap to get rid of the overheads. All for a boost to the economy for a month.

For a city struggling to keep libraries,kids facilities open let alone needed public works its a millstone round its nevk it doesn't need. Especially when the only reason the major wants it is for funding his football teams new stadium

• Upvote 4