You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

all wealthy people like to spend other people's money, why would they risk their own? even our owners after saying they would fund the new stand from their reserves, chose to borrow it instead.

Just makes me laugh that he's supposedly transformed them yet hasn't spent any of his cash and needs the council to guarantor his Wonga loan.

What seems to be happening is the Council are stretching their regeneration powers to borrow the money at a low rate and then lend it to the club at the same low rate. For accepting the risk of the club defaulting, the Council are getting an annual fee.

You'd expect the Council to insist on Moshiri standing as guarantor for the club but I haven't seen any mention of that.

• Upvote 1

You mean a shit farm? Yes, (next door) how apt! It used to fucking stink and they had complaints about it.[/quote

Hot summer days can bring on the stink I recall from my time working in the area.

Prior to united utilities making a poo farm,Sandon dock was a fish farm for Liverpool universityfor a year or two.

What seems to be happening is the Council are stretching their regeneration powers to borrow the money at a low rate and then lend it to the club at the same low rate. For accepting the risk of the club defaulting, the Council are getting an annual fee.

You'd expect the Council to insist on Moshiri standing as guarantor for the club but I haven't seen any mention of that.

Seems odd that their new benefactor is this billionaire yet isnt prepared to stand as gaurantor and instead, needs the council to fulfill that particular function.

• Downvote 1

Attempted to enter into reasoned debate with a bitter mate over all this and within 30 seconds he starts 'your just afraid of everton being on the march and the transformation that is happening...get used to it it is only gonna get bigger and better,within 5 years we will reclaim our rightful place as top dogs'....after picking my head up which had obviously fell off i just sniggered and walked away

Seems odd that their new benefactor is this billionaire yet isnt prepared to stand as gaurantor and instead, needs the council to fulfill that particular function.

Tried that perfectly reasonable line today and it seems that is just bitterness and heads falling off...

There was a John Oliver special on sport stadiums in America about how they don't regenerate areas and don't bring money into the surrounding areas.

From 10:30, it's all about stadiums in the US but this part about stadiums not regenerating the areas they are built in. 

Although Oliver is a red so his head must have fallen off already. 

• Upvote 1

Attempted to enter into reasoned debate with a bitter mate over all this and within 30 seconds he starts 'your just afraid of everton being on the march and the transformation that is happening...get used to it it is only gonna get bigger and better,within 5 years we will reclaim our rightful place as top dogs'....after picking my head up which had obviously fell off i just sniggered and walked away

Yeah, can't guarantee a loan on their own supposed stadium, spent what they brought in from players basically and Moshiri is the saviour. He has done a wonderful blagging job and has expertly fitted in at the club. Make them think they're special and promise the world.

They are fucking gems their support, literally like talking to a wall trying to reason with one.

" yer ends falling off cos we need ta borraoff the council "

What strikes me regarding this farce that will be the site for this new stadium is its location. There just no access for 50,000 people all turning if they ever get that many in.

There's an old dock road with Great Howard Street running parallel to it. Then you have Boundary Street running directly away. There's fuck all parking for cars and coaches not to mention the street vendors and the like because its in the middle of the dock area.

Where are the hordes going to park up? How are they going to police the oppos fans getting in and out if everyone is going the same way in and out?

I really dont see this idea floating.

There's a massive area of gated empty land right opposite the old heritage market that will be able to hold quite a few cars and there's the multi stories next to and opppsite the crowne plaza that can take a lot.

As a local, I'm hoping the work they've been doing at the old tunnel opppsite the Costco, is used to redirect the line from moorfields down to the bramley dock and back up to Sandhills which will alleviate a lot of the traffic and stop me being woken up by the bellend train drivers having a whose horns louder competition at half six every Sunday morning.

There's a massive area of gated empty land right opposite the old heritage market that will be able to hold quite a few cars and there's the multi stories next to and opppsite the crowne plaza that can take a lot.

As a local, I'm hoping the work they've been doing at the old tunnel opppsite the Costco, is used to redirect the line from moorfields down to the bramley dock and back up to Sandhills which will alleviate a lot of the traffic and stop me being woken up by the bellend train drivers having a whose horns louder competition at half six every Sunday morning.

That place would be a good development opportunity. Someone on skyscrapercity said Peel were interested in it to turn it into somewhere like Hoxton in North London with bars underneath the train arches as well as room for hotels. Be a pity if it ends up as a car park.

If this deal was being done on our behalf, we'd all be bending over backwards to explain how it isn't unjust and taking the piss out of Everton fans who complained about it.

Fair fucks to them I say. The council are guarantors on a loan Everton are immediately liable for and the city will benefit from it.

• Upvote 1

If this deal was being done on our behalf, we'd all be bending over backwards to explain how it isn't unjust and taking the piss out of Everton fans who complained about it.

Fair fucks to them I say. The council are guarantors on a loan Everton are immediately liable for and the city will benefit from it.

Unless I am mistaken didn't Sunderland and Middlesbrough get their stadiums built in a similar way?

It's not being done on our behalf though, and I genuinely wouldn't want it to be and I think most on here would agree.

Yeah, good luck to all the scumbag fans and dodgy fuckers with back handers.

They've been trying to bum a stadium for a quarter of a century, wanted a shared stadium without paying their share and wanted the other white elephants built for them.

Bought the training ground, guarantors for the stadium. What next, season tickets subsidised by the Council.

• Upvote 1

although nowhere near the scale of our deluded friends or exactly the same situation, it would be wise to view what happened with a raised eyebrow at Northampton Town. with a certain former chairman Mr. Cardoza running off with council i.e. council tax payer money leaving a half built stand. which put the whole proud club at risk, whilst threatening all sorts of vital budget shortfalls in the area

Moshi reeks of dodge pot and the risks to social care and all the other important services in the city are at stake here, Fat Joe Da Gangsta

300m is a bit low for a new stadium. Filling in the dock itself will cost a bit won't it?. They won't get that much for the land at Goodison either, 20m at the very most.

I doubt they will get anywhere near that I would say 5 million. The plot is relatively small. A developer may buy the land and build houses on it but they will sell for 150K max. You won't fit too many houses on that land either so maybe even 5 million is a bit to much.

although nowhere near the scale of our deluded friends or exactly the same situation, it would be wise to view what happened with a raised eyebrow at Northampton Town. with a certain former chairman Mr. Cardoza running off with council i.e. council tax payer money leaving a half built stand. which put the whole proud club at risk

moshi reeks of dodge pot and the risks to social care and all the other important services in the city are at stake here, fat joe da gangsta

I got my ballot papers through today for the new metro mayor elections for the city Region. Is going the mayor of Liverpool that Joe currently has going to become non existent after this election?

How much of Everton new stadium is dependant on Joe?

For the record I think good luck to them if they get it built providing to tax payer isn't out of pocket.

I explained to a blue in work that even if they did get it built they wouldn't be much better off anyway.

If the got 50k regularly attending it's only an increase of 10k. Which is roughly the same as us.

On top of that while everyone else is spending their increased TV revenue on players they are in debt to the tune of 300 million minus interest so therefore their TV revenue is going on a stadium loan payments.

I got my ballot papers through today for the new metro mayor elections for the city Region. Is going the mayor of Liverpool that Joe currently has going to become non existent after this election?

How much of Everton new stadium is dependant on Joe?

For the record I think good luck to them if they get it built providing to tax payer isn't out of pocket.

I explained to a blue in work that even if they did get it built they wouldn't be much better off anyway.

If the got 50k regularly attending it's only an increase of 10k. Which is roughly the same as us.

On top of that while everyone else is spending their increased TV revenue on players they are in debt to the tune of 300 million minus interest so therefore their TV revenue is going on a stadium loan payments.

Bet he said 'Yeah, but we're getting a new stadium and its just the start of super moshiri's reign!'

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bet he said 'Yeah, but we're getting a new stadium and its just the start of super moshiri's reign!'

Yes.

He also kept saying about how they will attract new fans like city believe it or not. I then pointed out that city generally have empty seats and also pointed out that city have an owner who is worth 13 billion and had a built stadium so they could spend silly money on players. He then said that the bloke from arsenal is going to invest in the blues. I said he can't cause he's on the board at arsenal. He said he's going to sell up to which I replied well they are all in it for the money. He said that the arsenal bloke and moshi are football fans. I said me and you are football fans they love it for the money. He said yes they will spend to improve the team and that will bring success and more fans so more revenue. I said he hasn't done it at arsenal.

That is a true story.

• Upvote 1