You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

That Juve game at Anfield was something else. Straight out of the traps. I was jumping all over everyone when Garcia's goal went in.

I took the Mrs to New York that week. On the day of the game she said if I spoiled her that day with a bit of romance thrown in, we'd find a bar early, get a decent speck and she'd go the bar while the game was on.

Fuck me, I was like Pepe le pew that day. Took her shopping, nice lunch and a romantic trip round Central Park in a horse and carriage.

Chilling out arm in arm together and the driver asked were we are from. Told him Liverpool and he asked if I was made up with the result. I told him it didnt kick off till 7:45 and he replied we'd won by 2 goals to zero (his words).

I'd forgot there was a time difference

• Upvote 4

That photo of someone with the lyrics to YNWA written down that was doing the rounds yesterday. 

I've not seen it.

Is it anything like the way he describes it - the club issuing a printed lyric sheet, for the express purpose of helping those who can't be arsed learning the words themselves?

I've not seen it.

Is it anything like the way he describes it - the club issuing a printed lyric sheet, for the express purpose of helping those who can't be arsed learning the words themselves?

No it's someone's hand written notes, most likely because they're not from an english speaking country, but it's been Everton'd ™ to the extreme.

I took the Mrs to New York that week. On the day of the game she said if I spoiled her that day with a bit of romance thrown in, we'd find a bar early, get a decent speck and she'd go the bar while the game was on.

Fuck me, I was like Pepe le pew that day. Took her shopping, nice lunch and a romantic trip round Central Park in a horse and carriage.

Chilling out arm in arm together and the driver asked were we are from. Told him Liverpool and he asked if I was made up with the result. I told him it didnt kick off till 7:45 and he replied we'd won by 2 goals to zero (his words).

I'd forgot there was a time difference

The yanks are that shit at football they can't even get the score right.

That Juve game at Anfield was one of my best ever experiences at a footy match. In the main stand right next to their fans. They all turned their backs on that banner thing that platini and rush brought over. When that Garcia goal goes in to be able to go outright fucking deliriously mental in front of them. You can't beat it. It doesn't get any better than that.

That Juve game at Anfield was one of my best ever experiences at a footy match. In the main stand right next to their fans. They all turned their backs on that banner thing that platini and rush brought over. When that Garcia goal goes in to be able to go outright fucking deliriously mental in front of them. You can't beat it. It doesn't get any better than that.

I love that Garcia goal as much as the next red but I always make a point to bring up Big Sami's role in that game.  As well as being a rock at the back let's not forget this beauty of a volley...

https://youtu.be/wnZ2oos02IU

EDIT: Tried to embed the video but failed miserably.  Damn technology.

Now that I think about it, that Juve game does have an Everton connection, i.e. they tried the 'hit them with everything you got in the first half hour' strategy in the recent derby at Goodison. They missed out on the 'and score a couple of goals' part of it though.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/romelu-lukaku-not-ready-sign-12731890

Romelu Lukaku is reportedly "not ready" yet to sign his new contract.

A new deal tying the Premier League's top scorer to Everton on a long-term deal has been close to being signed for several weeks.

But Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur suggested this morning that Lukaku putting pen to paper is not immiment.

In a follow up tweet Terreur added: "They asked him a few questions about his contract. One if he was ready to sign. He said three times 'no'."

Playsports is a Belgian sports website.

Romelu Lukaku still to sign new Everton deal - which clubs might be sniffing around?

In December Lukaku's agent, Mino Raiola, declared that his client "had 99 per cent agreed" to a new deal - and on February 27 he went further, saying: "It is 99.99999999 done!"

On Saturday Lukaku became the first Everton striker to reach the 19-league goals in a season mark since Gary Lineker and Graeme Sharp hit that mark in 1986.

Commence FEWM

With the news that Liverpool might host the Commonwealth games in 2022, rather than 2026; is there a serious possibility that Everton will get a new stadium off the backs of the taxpayer?

That's almost certainly what Joe Anderson will be hoping.

Now that I think about it, that Juve game does have an Everton connection, i.e. they tried the 'hit them with everything you got in the first half hour' strategy in the recent derby at Goodison. They missed out on the 'and score a couple of goals' part of it though.

Considering Everton's none stop tireless campaigning for justice for the 39, I'd say it's pretty apt linking Juve to an Everton thread.

With the news that Liverpool might host the Commonwealth games in 2022, rather than 2026; is there a serious possibility that Everton will get a new stadium off the backs of the taxpayer?

I'd say it's a given mate. That 5% council tax increase for social care we've got to look forward too will ensure the groundwork can commence asap.

The year is 2017 and 6 year old bluenose Duncan is talking to his

bluenose Dad......

SON "Dad, my mates in school told me that Barcelona's comeback last night was good, but nowhere near as good as Liverpool's 5th European cup win in 2005 - are they right dad?"

DAD "Yes son, it's true, but they were dead lucky son, all the way

through the tournament"

SON "Why dad?"

DAD "Well in the group stages ..."

SON "What dad, did they have a team from Azerbaijan, Israel, and

Ireland in their group?"

DAD "Well no, they had Monaco, Deportivo la Coruna, and Olympiakos"

SON "Well they still sound like 3 easy teams to me dad"

DAD "Actually Monaco reached the final the year before, Olympiakos had won their league 7 times out of the previous 8 seasons, and Deportivo finished above the galacticos of Real Madrid in their league".

SON "Jeez dad, that sounds like quite a difficult group then".

DAD "yeh I suppose your right son, but they were still lucky - it took

a mishit shot by Gerrard against Olympiakos to get through".

SON "oh is that the goal were your hero Andy Gray goes berserk shouting "you beauty, you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!!!!"

DAD "yes son it is"

SON "oh ok. Well what happened in the last 16 dad, who did they draw?"

DAD "Bayer Leverkusen"

SON "Bayer who?"

DAD "Exactly son, but they had beaten Real Madrid 3-0 at home, and won their group that included Dinamo Kiev and Roma too."

SON "Bloody hell dad, they sound good".

DAD "Yes, I suppose you're right son"

SON "So did they win on away goals or something"

DAD "errrrr, no, they won both legs 3-1 each"

SON "Oh - well, who next then dad"

DAD "Juventus"

SON "How the fuck did they get past them Dad?"

DAD "Well they did - they won 2-1 at home, and cruised to a 0-0 away draw without Juve having hardly any chances".

SON "Were Juve shit at that time - had all their decent players gone or something?"

DAD "Well actually they still had players like Del Piero, Nedved,

Ibrahimovic, Thuram, and Buffon in the side. And they won Serie A a few weeks later."

SON "wow, they beat the Italian champions elect - which piss easy team did they get in the semi then?"

DAD "Chelsea"

SON "Chelsea - for fucks sake - what a p!ss easy draw - they've won

nothing, Everton have won more than them".

DAD "Well that season they won the Premiership and League Cup but the Red sh*te didn't let them score in 186 minutes of football"

SON "Jesus Christ - so Liverpool beat the English Champions elect too"

DAD "Yes son, they bloody well did".

SON "So after all that I suppose all the good teams had been knocked out"

DAD "Not quite son, AC Milan awaited them in the final"

SON "No way - aren't they the 2nd most successful team in the

competition's history".

DAD "Yes son they are"

SON "So were Liverpool lucky because Milan had all their good players out with injuries"

DAD "No - they had Shevchenko, Crespo, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Kaka, Stam, Dida, Gattuso, Pirlo, and Seedorf".

SON "Your 'avin a laff"

DAD "It gets worse son, Milan were cruising, 3-0 up at half-time".

SON "What happened, did they have 3 men sent off in the second half - how did Liverpool get back into the game?"

DAD "No, Milan had no men sent off, the Red sh*te scored 3 goals in 6 minutes"

SON "Against the best defence in Europe?"

DAD "Yes! against the best defence in Europe"

SON "So what happened next - extra time?"

DAD "Yes son, and Dudek made the luckiest save ever to stop a

Shevchenko shot from a yard"

SON "Why was it lucky dad - did it hit him on the a***, nose, shoulder

or something"

DAD "No son, his hand"

SON "Well aren't goalies meant to save shots with their hands"

DAD "Yeah, but that's besides the point"

SON "Then what"

DAD "Penalties!"

SON "English teams are crap at penalties"

DAD "Not this f#ckin time they weren't - they only missed one. And

that's how Liverpool became the luckiest team to win the European Cup".

SON "But I bet when they brought the cup home there was hardly anyone to watch as all Liverpool fans live anywhere but Liverpool you say, all Scousers are blues? How many was there, 5000 or so?"

DAD "1 million people lined the streets".

SON "So let's get this straight dad - Liverpool had 3 good teams in

their group, they then knocked out a team who had beaten Real Madrid 3-0, they then knocked out the future Serie A champions, then knocked out the future Premiership champions, before coming back from 3-0 down to beat the 2nd most successful club in Europe. And then the whole population of Liverpool came out to welcome them home!!"

DAD "That about sums it up son"

SON "Dad?"

DAD "Yes son"

SON "Can I have a Liverpool shirt for my birthday next week, and can you stop calling me Duncan - I'm Stevie from now on"

• Upvote 8

There's always luck needed in football. That Gudjonhson miss late on against Chelsea. It went in slow motion and I still don't know how he disnt score.

A lot of keepers do it but Dudek was way off his line for a few of those penalties. A pedantic cunt could easily have pulled him up on it and ordered a retake.

There's a thread on GOT about which players are undeserving of their medals based on ability, Not a one off cup or league, a repeat trophy winner.

Some of them haven't read the question ready and are mentioning Istanbul, but this fella insinuates the Ref being Spanish and us having a Spanish manager and Players might have swayed it

Well, let's think about this.. there were at least 14-15 donkeys* that won a Champions League medal back in 2005 (certainly only Gerrard and Alonso were decent footballers).. Did you know that the ref was Spanish? Oh right.. 4 Spaniards and a Spanish manager in the winning side.. we never seem to get that sort of possible advantage.. or those sorts of penalties!

Still, not everybody who doesn't support United or Everton roots for them.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/3413

* Dudek, Finnan, Hyppia, Baros, Riise, Kewell, Gerrard, Garcia, Alonso, Traore, Carragher

subs Carson, Cisse, Smicer, Hamann, Josemi (WTF?), Nunez (really?), Biscan

Imagine having that many bad players with six letters in their name.. is it even possible?