You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They had great players, but looking back, they obviously had some sort of psychological issue. Not only did they bottle the Champions League final that year, but they'd also bottled the league earlier to Juve after having led them.

Doesn't take away from LFC's achievement but the Milan side that year was a bit overrated.

Nah.

The lowly AC Milan team of 2005

Dida,

Cafu,

Maldini,

Stam,

Nesta,

Gattuso (Rui Costa 112),

Seedorf (Serginho 86),

Pirlo,

Kaka,

Shevchenko,

Crespo (Tomasson 85).

Wow, you forget what a good side that was!  Could make a decent case that that list of players is up there for the most quality in every single position of any club side in history.  

Strange that they didn't win more than they did (although in saying that, most of the same players won the league the year before this and the CL two years before and two years later).

... neither have I ever heard a Liverpool fan bleat on about the mancs the way the shite do about us, quite the opposite in fact, even when the mancs are winning in finals most of their songs are about us.

I kinda agree here. 

Remember when Mourinho was on Twitter just before we played 'em, saying "Liverpool are not the last wonder of the world like you like to say they are."

The next day he rocked-up at Anfield and played a horribly defensive tactic with a squad worth a quarter of a billion quid; they sang about us; we sang about us...and I thought to myself "We fucking are the last wonder of the world, and he knows it."

• Upvote 1

I kinda agree here.

Remember when Mourinho was on Twitter just before we played 'em, saying "Liverpool are not the last wonder of the world like you like to say they are."

The next day he rocked-up at Anfield and played a horribly defensive tactic with a squad worth a quarter of a billion quid; they sang about us; we sang about us...and I thought to myself "We fucking are the last wonder of the world, and he knows it."

It's like when Ferguson used to go on about 'knocking us off our perch' when we were all about 20 years past caring.

It was like David Hay bragging about the fact he'd just broken one of Muhammed Ali's records while the man himself is sat in his wheelchair trying to open a packet of crisps with his teeth.

It's like when Ferguson used to go on about 'knocking us off our perch' when we were all about 20 years past caring.

It was like David Hay bragging about the fact he'd just broken one of Muhammed Ali's records while the man himself is sat in his wheelchair trying to open a packet of crisps with his teeth.

So you're saying we're finished?

I don't believe you think that for a second otherwise why would you bother.

That's your old defence mechanism kicking in again 'if I say I never thought we'd win anything again then I won't be disappointed and no one can slag me when we fuck it up again'

This season is a prime example. When we fucked it all up again in January nobody expected us to do anything this year so nobody was that bothered. Right? Never seen so many people who knew we wouldn't win the league this season so totally fucking devastated in January.

Getting back to the original point. I'd rather see anybody win anything other than United and that includes Everton and I'd guess I'm not alone in that. I'll be hoping Chelsea win tomorrow night.

• Upvote 3

So you're saying we're finished?

I don't believe you think that for a second otherwise why would you bother.

That's your old defence mechanism kicking in again 'if I say I never thought we'd win anything again then I won't be disappointed and no one can slag me when we fuck it up again'

This season is a prime example. When we fucked it all up again in January nobody expected us to do anything this year so nobody was that bothered. Right? Never seen so many people who knew we wouldn't win the league this season so totally fucking devastated in January.

Getting back to the original point. I'd rather see anybody win anything other than United and that includes Everton and I'd guess I'm not alone in that. I'll be hoping Chelsea win tomorrow night.

Brilliant post.

I've never heard a Liverpool fan try to discredit Manchester United's Champions League Final victories.

The first one was won fair and square with a superb side.

The second they were played off the park but fortune favoured them in the final few minutes.

The third was only won as big head Terry wanted the glory of kicking the winning penalty instead of letting Anelka take it as was planned.

The first one was won fair and square with a superb side.

The second they were played off the park but fortune favoured them in the final few minutes.

The third was only won as big head Terry wanted the glory of kicking the winning penalty instead of letting Anelka take it as was planned.

Back in 68 watching that game (there wasnt many live games on tv back then) I remember being so pissed off when they equalised I went in the yard to play on my scooter. When mum came out to say they'd scored again to take the lead I said fuck off and got a clip around my earhole for mutter such words.

Im not sure if it was 68 or 69 when trying to defend the champions cup that they nearly got relegated.

2nd one bayern really should have buried them but schmichel made a truely world class save to keep it 1-0 and at the time, I thought that was a turning point in the game. Gutted when the cunts won in the last 2 minutes but it summed them up, never beaten until the whistle went.

3rd was a shitfest, wanted them both to lose. The only good part was seeing terry crying like a baby.

There is a major difference between wanting the Mancs to lose and obsessing over every single decision in every single game we play. 

I couldn't name the current Utd starting 11 next mind knowing every single player in their Champions league squad from over a decade ago. It is a whole different level.