You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Cork Evertonian

Cork Evertonian

Player Valuation: £500k

New

I always thought Liverpools 5th European Cup should have a seriously big asterisk attached to it.That 2005 Liverpool team was and still is the worst team to ever win that trophy in the competitions modern history imo.

Like Like x 2 List Like Dislike

Cork Evertonian, Today at 10:47 AM Report#95813− QuoteReply

doesn't really matter though does it... they won it.

Yeah it does.Under the old rules they wouldn't have been in a position to win it.Harry Kewell Djimi Traore Milan Baros etc.What greats of football.Any of the previous winners of the competition and the Barcelona team that emerged afterwards would have wiped the floor with them.

Like Like x 1 List Like Dislike

Cork Evertonian, Today at 2:49 PM Report#95817− QuoteReply

Some of them still having trouble coming to terms with.

Is it only me who thinks it is fucking hilarious that these bitter twats probably sit at home stewing over these things?. I could not imagine any of us sitting at home fewming over things that happened a decade or so ago. How mentally draining must it be to be an Evertonian?. They must have constant banging headaches the amount of things they over think about and then fly into a bitter rage over.

• Upvote 1

"Any of the previous winners of the competition" other than lowly AC Milan, who've only won it more times than everyone except Madrid.

their team was insanely good, Shevchenko, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf etc, it's not like we played a poor side, saw them last night and they had that fuckin Delefeau or whatever his name is playing for them

Is it only me who thinks it is fucking hilarious that these bitter twats probably sit at home stewing over these things?. I could not imagine any of us sitting at home fewming over things that happened a decade or so ago. How mentally draining must it be to be an Evertonian?. They must have constant banging headaches the amount of things they over think about and then fly into a bitter rage over.

We do it a lot about United.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

their team was insanely good, Shevchenko, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf etc, it's not like we played a poor side, saw them last night and they had that fuckin Delefeau or whatever his name is playing for them

Every outfield player was among the very best in the world in his position. The fact that we started with Traore, Kewell, Smicer, etc. is what makes the achievement so incredible.

I've never heard a Liverpool fan try to discredit Manchester United's Champions League Final victories.

Well we all say they were lucky in the 99 final as they were overplayed and equalised/won it in injury time but nobody doubts that they were one of the best in europe at the time

Well we all say they were lucky in the 99 final as they were overplayed and equalised/won it in injury time but nobody doubts that they were one of the best in europe at the time

I wouldn't know about that game. I didn't watch it, because... well, why would I?

I suppose they deserved it, because they scored more goals than their opponents.

I wouldn't know about that game. I didn't watch it, because... well, why would I?

I suppose they deserved it, because they scored more goals than their opponents.

Recall after we won it in 77 some of them saying they won it first, to which the standard reply was, foreign soil. Kind of belittled theirs

The lowly AC Milan team of 2005

Dida,

Cafu,

Maldini,

Stam,

Nesta,

Gattuso (Rui Costa 112),

Seedorf (Serginho 86),

Pirlo,

Kaka,

Shevchenko,

Crespo (Tomasson 85).

They had great players, but looking back, they obviously had some sort of psychological issue. Not only did they bottle the Champions League final that year, but they'd also bottled the league earlier to Juve after having led them.

Doesn't take away from LFC's achievement but the Milan side that year was a bit overrated. 

• Downvote 2