You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

"now let's say we get a few of the players we have been linked with in - the likes of Strootman (20m), Witsel (25m) and we go for Butland (30m) and VVD (30m), we buy Milik or Janssen for 15m

thats 120m spent, and probably looking at around 500k in wages (again a generous estimate)

leaves the club with 90m and 500k in wages still burning a hole in our lovely Iranians pocket, but no statement signing, just some very good ones that will make the team very competitive, say we then blow a 30m bid on Perisic (current flavour of the month after his Euro exploits and also a position we depserately need sorting) and we give him parity with rom on wages - so another 140k and 30m gone

we are then left with a 60m and 360 pw situation, to go out their and target a 'statement' signing for the club to propel us into the spotlight, go throw that at Madrid, offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

Honestly it sounds mental even typing this out, but money talks in football, and if we are serious in making a statement then we couldn't make a bigger on than this"

01658434.jpg

• Upvote 2

So cruise-ship passengers will float along the royal blue Mersey and the first thing they will see is a small brick lock-up on a crest overshadowing all else. The tourist industry will boom and they will once again regain there place amongst the footballing elite. With a new stadium they cannot fill paid for by taxpayers most of which don't support them.

It's a grand old team to pay for. School of finance. The peoples club together.

Roy Keane on Everton players continually pulling out of Eire games.

" I expect them to always turn up on crutches " I don't know when they last won a trophy but they need to toughen up a bit "

Don't know when they last won a trophy?

We'll be happy to provide that information, if you like.

Just had the unfortunate experience of listening to Derek Hatton on Talkshite. How did that gimp ever bring himself to sing The Red Flag?

"All the indications that I'm hearing is that the overwhelming favourite would be the docks. That way everyone coming up the Mersey will see the Everton badge, long before they see the Liver Bird."

He also claimed that the positives to be taken from their 5-0 shafting are that Koemann will never let it happen again, and that when Liverpool beat them 5-0 in the early 80's they won the league the next year.

That's a bit like all those tourists at the Vatican trying to breeze through the galleries full of other art just to head for the Sistine Chapel. They'll never remember anything they saw before staring up at that ceiling.

• Upvote 2

Interesting that Everton supporters seem to believe that their new investor is willing to spunk almost half his hard earned fortune on a shiny bight new stadium and players with mad skills. Unsure what type of successful businessman goes about things that way. Particularly when you consider he doesn't even own 50% of the club. 

•  
  • A result like that shows who the players need to be shipped out are
  •  
  • It's Martinez' team
  •  

Hang the fuck on...Weren't we told last season,  time and again by these bitter blue bellends, that they had the best Everton side in decades and the only thing that was holding them back from finishing comfortably in the top four was the 'catalan clown' himself? So what's changed?

Perhaps you can ask him that question when you see him in work tomorrow.

It seems they've given up trying to be more successful than us to gain the upper hand in the bragging rights in the city. And have instead opted to go for something slightly more achievable like a brand new stadium they won't be able to fill. Thinking that it's actually going to bother us. It's kind of cute really.

Meanwhile, we're aiming to be as successful on the pitch as we can be. Because, y'know, that's what football is all about really.

This tweet tickled me earlier. So Everton it hurts.

cc4dc8b50cd8795ec27504157a3cbd7a.jpg

That's right Dave, when Keane was in his prime at the age of 23. He's now been retired from playing for ten years and since then has managed two clubs and been assistant at another, and his country. So well done you for remembering back 21 years and that last trophy Keane is talking about.

Quality blueshite experience last night. Getting a lift back from footy and 3 Evertonians were in the same car. We drove past Anfield and then they all started getting twitchy. One pipes up sarcastically "oh is this the new stand we've heard so much about. The Echo only mention it every other day". This is the same Evertonian who constantly states he hasn't read the Echo for years because it's biased against Everton apparently. I asked him how he knew that when he never read the Echo. No response.

Another said he'd never seen it before. I then said I was surprised that he had never seen it since its visible from.most parts of the city. I then reminded him that Everton have wasted 100 grand blocking the view of it out from their ground. "What are you on about?, we haven't done anything to block it out".

I reminded them that they filled in the corner between the park end and Bullens Road. This hadn't been a problem previously but now there is a sudden rush to fill in the gap. All of them looked at me like I was stupid then one said "our cladding is boss lad". The other said that it would stop them seeing all the coaches from wooly back places, Ireland and Norway parking by the cemetery. This Evertonian ironically is from Blackpool.

• Upvote 9