You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

whilst i know it wasn't always arm in arm bed of roses stuff - it is quite a stark difference at the derby these days.

i can still recall in the early days of the pl there being loads of reds in the gwladys street and blues in the kop, openly jumping up when scored as well - it changed though probably late 90's and things have become more poisonous over time.

even the pubs in town used to be generally alright, you would get the odd bellend but the older lads kept order in the main - i do often wonder if things really changed when the demographic of our fans really changed and much bigger numbers started travelling into the city from elsewhere to watch us...

i am not blaming those people but the impression i have been given by some blue mates down the years is they could give and take the stick when it was scousers v scousers but they found it harder to accept it when cockneys, brummies etc started giving it the big one in town...a lot of blues then started all the 'wools on the kop' stuff etc and the rest went downhill from there...

The majority of my family & mates are bitters. While sound lads, it doesn't take long for them to spoil a good night when the mere mention of us comes up. Always brought up by them too. For that reason, I would love them to go down and never return. Especially after those spawny escapes they had in the 90's.

Fuck these old romantic ideas about them, that Easter bank holiday game at the end of the 90's at there shithole brought there nastiness right to the fore. Shithouse spiteful club & shithouse spiteful fans who latched themselves onto the mancs success whilst their own club nearly ran itself into the ground. Nothing more than the bullies mate. Fuck them

For me it was the early to mid nineties. I remember when Everton were shite and bottom of the league and they played us and Ferguson scored. I was genuinely shocked how much some of my mates and lads I went to college with turned nasty after that and started hero worshipping such a limited and average player. It seemed that the only reason they liked him was because our defence seemed scared of him and he scored against us.

Fast forward to 1995 and they play the Mancs in the FA Cup final. The Mancs winning stuff was a new concept round that time and most of us genuinely hated the fact that they were winning trophies and we were shite. Where's now I think we have become more used to it. No way would I have supported Man Utd winning another domestic double (might have been a treble) by beating Everton in the cup. I went the pub with a load of Evertonians and got behind Everton as it was the lesser of two evils plus there were a few blues who I didn't mind. A few of the really bitter ones were gutted that they didn't play us in the semi instead of Spurs because they reckon they would have twatted us 4-1 as well.

The year after was different as we got beat 1-0 by the Mancs and they turned on us big time. My brother worked his arse off to get his ticket and train fare there but all his bitter blue mates took the piss out of him and waited for him to come home from wembley. I was working with a load the night we got beat and they were singing manc songs the whole night and singing ooh ahh Cantona. I nearly got into a scrap with a couple of them and they thought it was the funniest thing ever. A few of my mates said things got ugly in a few pubs after the game. Yep, we are all Scousers together eh.

Evertonians have got a cheek about our out of town support when the majority of them are closet Mancs.

• Upvote 1

The majority of my family & mates are bitters. While sound lads, it doesn't take long for them to spoil a good night when the mere mention of us comes up. Always brought up by them too. For that reason, I would love them to go down and never return. Especially after those spawny escapes they had in the 90's.

Fuck these old romantic ideas about them, that Easter bank holiday game at the end of the 90's at there shithole brought there nastiness right to the fore. Shithouse spiteful club & shithouse spiteful fans who latched themselves onto the mancs success whilst their own club nearly ran itself into the ground. Nothing more than the bullies mate. Fuck them

2001. That game was horrible, it's like all their fans had been on the beak all day and it was supercharged nastiness. The minutes silence was ruined by them yet they were all pretending that it never happened. Saw two lads get done in when they came out the away end for no reason. Luckily the police were right on top of it and collared them before they ran off.

• Upvote 1

2001. That game was horrible, it's like all their fans had been on the beak all day and it was supercharged nastiness. The minutes silence was ruined by them yet they were all pretending that it never happened. Saw two lads get done in when they came out the away end for no reason. Luckily the police were right on top of it and collared them before they ran off.

The pressure of keeping their mouths shut was finally released that night and they let us know it.

I remember when poor Rhys Jones was murdered and we played z-cars when his parents came onto the pitch, everyone thought it was a nice gesture by us and I can't remember anyone having an issue with it. yet on their forums, the consensus from them was if the boot was on the other foot and they played YNWA, they'd never go to Woodison again.

This will get me a few negs but I've always felt their support over hillsborough was a little bit contrived until the real truth was finally produced. Even now, you don't have to look far on the likes of Twitter etc when we win to see the nasty little comments they've got about it. Just as bad if not worse than the mancs some of them

• Upvote 3

The pressure of keeping their mouths shut was finally released that night and they let us know it.

I remember when poor Rhys Jones was murdered and we played z-cars when his parents came onto the pitch, everyone thought it was a nice gesture by us and I can't remember anyone having an issue with it. yet on their forums, the consensus from them was if the boot was on the other foot and they played YNWA, they'd never go to Woodison again.

This will get me a few negs but I've always felt their support over hillsborough was a little bit contrived until the real truth was finally produced. Even now, you don't have to look far on the likes of Twitter etc when we win to see the nasty little comments they've got about it. Just as bad if not worse than the mancs some of them

That view is also a view I share. I had a fight with an Evertonian around 2002 who sat there in a pub saying "I'm fucking sick of all this justice shite, you killed your own fans". "You all turned up pissed, bunked in and weren't arsed about the people at the front".

Another Evertonian I played footy with always called us "victims" and said we were responsible for Everton being shit because of Heysel.no one was arsed about the victims of Heysel yet we should all of a sudden everyone should give a fuck about a load of Kopites.

Worst one was one of my workmates. 5 years ago we had a massive argument when he started saying in the pub it was all the a liverpool fans fault. Fast forward to the papers coming out and he is putting loads of justice stuff in his Facebook account manager when I reminded him of his original views he denied ever saying it and called me a fucking liar.

• Upvote 1

That view is also a view I share. I had a fight with an Evertonian around 2002 who sat there in a pub saying "I'm fucking sick of all this justice shite, you killed your own fans". "You all turned up pissed, bunked in and weren't arsed about the people at the front".

Another Evertonian I played footy with always called us "victims" and said we were responsible for Everton being shit because of Heysel.no one was arsed about the victims of Heysel yet we should all of a sudden everyone should give a fuck about a load of Kopites.

Worst one was one of my workmates. 5 years ago we had a massive argument when he started saying in the pub it was all the a liverpool fans fault. Fast forward to the papers coming out and he is putting loads of justice stuff in his Facebook account manager when I reminded him of his original views he denied ever saying it and called me a fucking liar.

That first one sounds like someone I had a run in with in the mid 90's. All having a great night out when my (alright blue) mate says his mate (who we didn't know) is sound and is meeting us later. 2 pints later and the cunts saying near enough the same thing down my ear to me. I was just about to elbow him until my mate came running over and took him out and told him to fuck off home.

They just can't behave themselves when they're around us

Yeah, but...

• Upvote 1

After they got knocked back by Sissoko on deadline day they agreed a fee for Yarmolenko but they left it so late in the window that a contract couldn't be drawn up in time.

Everton aren't we.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you can fool the Blueshite with shit slogans, car stickers, blag billionaires, pretend transfer targets and failed medicals all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

• Upvote 4