You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

In non-Liverpool stadium news the crests are going up on the cladding, few issues with bubbles under the sticker and Keith got one of the corners stuck to his sleeve which creased it a bit but it'll be finished shortly

CqxqBSDWYAAsnhv.jpg

Big crowd for the unveiling as well.

I went passed there today on the way to our ground. Fucking hell. What a joke they are. Those gates they have by the park end are fucking awful too.

Have a dilapidated stadium barely fit for purpose - call it "the Grand Old Lady" so people think that upgrading it is irreverent.

Have a minimal global fan base - play up the 'local' fan base with cliche-ridden press releases.

Have huge unbroken run of being untroubled by success - continually refer to "values" and being the "People's Club", subtly managing the supporters' expectation with implied criticism that "principles" matter more than the trivial matter of sporting results, and anybody who succeeds obviously doesn't have them.

City would not loan us Hart as we are a threat in the long term. Even selling him to us would be unfavourable. As he is not exactly pushing to come here we are better off looking elsewhere and as mentioned Steklenberg has played very well so far.

This nails it, why would they? They know 6 years ago they were a joke of a club, maybe with the empty seats they still are, but they also know we have money coming in now and could possible go on to do something like they have done, and wont do anything to help make that easier. Also that nonsense about Pep wanting to help Hart find a club was jarg, as if he cares.

Quite.

• Upvote 1

Can't imagine why just before the end of the transfer window, (remember one of those windows in which the bitters where going to blow everyone away with their spending. ) All of a sudden the distraction of a new stadium comes along, well the location in this latest teaser from fat joe. 

They're too easy, they really are. 

Why do they do it to themselves?

I mean, I understand the universal fan need to feel hopeful about your club and its future, that part I get.  What I don't understand is the ridiculous "we're going to be the next City" myopia that's swept over their fan base.  A pretty solid minority of blues genuinely think that Moshiri is going to be investing enough money into their club to see them overtake us in the next few years.

It's perfectly understandable to look at that new ownership and think "hm, could be a platform for us to build, we can establish ourselves as consistent contenders for the fringes of European places, then after a few years maybe even push for a bit more than that."  It's blue-coloured lenses, but fine.  What doesn't make sense is to go beyond that and start imagining that you're going to be competing with Bayern and Real for players inside 5 years as Everton dominate the league.

It makes me laugh that some of them are wetting their pants over a new stadium and saying that all we got was a new stand.

Erm. I think that's what most of us wanted. To stay at Anfield. But to redevelop the ground and increase the capacity. Not move away from our home.

Plus, up until recently, it was the Old Lady this, the Old Lady that, Goodison being a unique ground, fans on top of the pitch, nothing like a game under the Goodison lights etc, etc.

But, now? They're all in favour of moving to a modern, shiny stadium that could be a soulless bowl.

They genuinely make it up as they go along, the blues. Hilarious bunch.

• Upvote 2