You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I don't understand.... Blueshite are all saying how they're so uber rich now, but that Farhad Moshiri is only worth less than 2billion pounds, and is only 49% owner.  You think he's going to spunk 10% of his personal wealth on something that he's a minority owner?

Abramovich is worth like 20billion, and Manchester City have basically endless money behind them.

I know they're that deluded, but fuck me, this defies reality.

No matter what the subject so many of them seem to always want to make sure they slip in a first when discussing it...here is a classic example. Seriously what does this actually mean? Just shite, utter shite.

"They should take off all the dirty corrugated sheeting and recondition the brickwork underneath, might aswell make the most of having the oldest purpose built stadium in football"

I don't understand.... Blueshite are all saying how they're so uber rich now, but that Farhad Moshiri is only worth less than 2billion pounds, and is only 49% owner. You think he's going to spunk 10% of his personal wealth on something that he's a minority owner?

Abramovich is worth like 20billion, and Manchester City have basically endless money behind them.

Shsh! you're ruining everything for them!

I don't understand.... Blueshite are all saying how they're so uber rich now, but that Farhad Moshiri is only worth less than 2billion pounds, and is only 49% owner. You think he's going to spunk 10% of his personal wealth on something that he's a minority owner?

I think they believe moshiri will bring usmanov with him and usmanov will buy the remaining 51% when he sells his stake in arsenal. I think usmanov has a net worth close to abramovic. I've no idea why they think they'll get usmanov other than he won't want to play 2nd fiddle to kronke forever.

Apparently as a thank you for allowing the stadium to be used for the filming of Creed, Sylvester Stallone has donated 100 hanging baskets to brighten up the stadium as part of the make-over.

They will be like a " Wonder of the World " said spokesman Alid Bitterman. The area containing the baskets will be called the Hanging Baskets of Balboa.

Apparently as a thank you for allowing the stadium to be used for the filming of Creed, Sylvester Stallone has donated 100 hanging baskets to brighten up the stadium as part of the make-over.

They will be like a " Wonder of the World " said spokesman Alid Bitterman. The area containing the baskets will be called the Hanging Baskets of Balboa.

Get Leighton Baines to put them up and they'll be the Hanging Gardens of Bilbo Baggins.

What we've seen with Koeman is that money talks. For me, Spurs are in the same boat as Leicester just with better individuals and more money BUT can they compete consistently with Utd,Chelsea or City who can throw hundreds of millions around?

WE APPARENTLY HAVE A FORTUNE TO SPEND (IN FACT AN ITK POSTED WE COULD ACTUALLY AFFORD MESSI IF WE WANTED)

so why not move on players who could raise our profile but also improve us as a team and massively weaken a couple of other teams?

A big statement for me would be to move for Jack Butland to go alongside Stones and Barkley as England Internationals.

At that point people start to take notice and we then put big money down for Eric Dier and Delle Alli. Additionally when Lukaku is sold we add some money and move for Kane.

They really do brighten my day up. God bless 'em.

What we've seen with Koeman is that money talks. For me, Spurs are in the same boat as Leicester just with better individuals and more money BUT can they compete consistently with Utd,Chelsea or City who can throw hundreds of millions around?

WE APPARENTLY HAVE A FORTUNE TO SPEND (IN FACT AN ITK POSTED WE COULD ACTUALLY AFFORD MESSI IF WE WANTED)

so why not move on players who could raise our profile but also improve us as a team and massively weaken a couple of other teams?

A big statement for me would be to move for Jack Butland to go alongside Stones and Barkley as England Internationals.

At that point people start to take notice and we then put big money down for Eric Dier and Delle Alli. Additionally when Lukaku is sold we add some money and move for Kane.

They really do brighten my day up. God bless 'em.

That entire thread is superb. I particularly like this exchange

"our owner isn't even in the top ten richest PL owners"

"Stop bursting my bubble"

• Upvote 2

Kinda ironic when you consider for years they didn't have a pot to piss in...

They're going to have some of the same problems we're having right now but much, much worse, even if this new owner does make the kinds of investment they want.

Probably the biggest obstacle facing us right now is not lack of money, but lack of "draw," that is to say, players preferring other clubs even when we're willing to pay for them.  For example, you could easily say we should go for Jese or Draxler, and we could certainly afford the fees and wages those players would cost.  The problem is that they wouldn't really want to come here, so you'd either have to overpay them hugely to get them to come (and even then it's doubtful).  

Ousmane Dembele is the perfect example - we scouted the perfect player for us, made an offer that was or would have been accepted, offered him enough in wages ... and then he went to Dortmund because they're better and higher profile and more likely to earn him the renown that all players crave alongside their wage packet.  CL football helps here but the perception of the club around Europe and where it's going is just as important.

Well, as much as you can see Liverpool have that problem right now, Everton will have it 10x as bad.  If they're really to get back into the top 4, as their delusional support seems to assume will happen in the next 3-4 years, then they're going to have to do it by outscouting everyone else and buying up unheralded players that turn out to be brilliant (you know, kind of like what Klopp did at Dortmund).  Because even if their owner would sanction the kind of fee it would take to get Higuain, to take an example from the post above mine, Higuain himself would simply laugh it off.

Remember when City first got all their money?  They wasted it on the likes of Jo and Robinho those first few seasons trying to establish themselves as a serious player on the European scene, mostly because the actually good players wouldn't even take their phone calls.  Nowadays if we went head-to-head for an established player with them they'd win almost every single time, but only 8 years ago those players were going elsewhere.  Getting rich is only half the battle in player recruitment, then you have to go out and win the players' respect by winning something.  And I think we can all agree that's pretty unlikely in Everton's case, even if their spending suddenly doubles.

• Upvote 7