You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I'm starting to fear the blues now.

Just read in the Echo that they're going to be able to offer players SIX figure salaries now.

How the fuck can we compete with that financial muscle? I mean, it's not like we were paying a similar salary to Joe Cole about 5 years ago.....

£1000.00 is six figures right?

He's a reasonably big name (about the biggest realistic name they could get at the moment).

I think they've done well to get him, I wasn't sure he'd take the gamble.

Means nothing though - LvG was well regarded (even though there were critics too) spent a fortune and underwhelmed.

There's cause for optimism for Everton fans. but little cause for concern amongst rivals.

Klopp at Liverpool makes people a lot more nervous than Koeman at Everton.

And if you could ask the fans of every other team in the PL - which manager would they want - there's no comparison.

Ask in another 3 years, it might be different - but I doubt it. 

Koeman's not exactly been a roaring success in management pre-southampton. Yeah he won the dutch league with two clubs that expect to win it every year but he's hardly Ancelotti.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

First time he went into a big league he nearly got Valencia relegated.

Koeman is a very good appointment for them. He's got a good eye for talent, which will come in handy when they sell Lukaku, Stones and Barkley.

But, we have much better in Klopp, so can't say I'm too fussed about the bitters. More qorried about what clubs above us are doing.

"everton want to give their Goodison Park home a significant face-lift in time for next season.

The Blues famous old ground is set to have its exterior transformed with modern new cladding to the corners, huge banners erected on three sides and striking new lights illuminating the Park End.

A statue for the club's famous Holy Trinity of Howard Kendall, Colin Harvey and Alan Ball is also planned."

Well who needs a new stand when you can have some cladding, a coat of paint and some fancy lights.

New signings, I think they misheard, it's new signage.

Oh and that cladding to the corners, is that so they can't see our new stand from Woodison?

"everton want to give their Goodison Park home a significant face-lift in time for next season.

The Blues famous old ground is set to have its exterior transformed with modern new cladding to the corners, huge banners erected on three sides and striking new lights illuminating the Park End.

A statue for the club's famous Holy Trinity of Howard Kendall, Colin Harvey and Alan Ball is also planned."

Well who needs a new stand when you can have some cladding, a coat of paint and some fancy lights.

Oh and that cladding to the corners, is that so they can't see our new stand from Woodison?

It's the equivalent of getting a new throw for your knackered old couch.

"everton want to give their Goodison Park home a significant face-lift in time for next season.

A statue for the club's famous Holy Trinity of Howard Kendall, Colin Harvey and Alan Ball is also planned."

First club to have modern new cladding.

The are paranoid as fuck when anything negative about them appears in the media. Then Aldo says something positive and they don't like that either! Must be really bad being one of them, to have that level of paranoia.

chicoazul said: ↑

And John Aldridge saying nice things about us? It's always faint one eyed kopite praise.

Sack them. They won't be writing such niceties if we are putting LFC in the shade.

A few nice words and our knickers come down. Everton: the daughter I never want.

How true. Remember how all the RS attitude towards us turned from being patronising and condescending to becoming mightily bitter once we started winning titles again in the mid-80s. They were indeed the original bitters.

I'm afraid they beat us to that one as well. The 'Mersey Millionaires' they were labelled. How they used to laugh and mock us when we were nothing but an old 2nd division side. How they mocked us and rubbed it in because we hadn't won an FA Cup. And how they've now hated it since the tables have been turned. Bitter to the core.

Fourteen years their younger, yet far more superior and successful. How that must hurt. If only they'd agreed to pay Houlding the rise in rent payments eh...

Here there's gonna be a picture of the Albert docks as well

According to media reports John Stones has turned down a move to Barcelona,as they believe he wants to go to Man City.

Strange one that, most people seem to think his game/style of play would be more suited to the Spanish League rather than the Premier League(where he was panicked in to mistakes in several games last season). More likely to win trophies,and go further in the Champions League at Barcelona,too in my opinion.

Either way, hopefully a bidding war between Barcelona/City/United will help to raise his transfer fee.

Mad when you think that he cannot make the starting line up in what is generally acknowledged to be England,s weakest back four in a major tournament.

I think everyone taking the piss out of Stones will be eating their words in a few years. Similar to the Tony Adams is a donkey. Young players make mistakes,he will learn

That's entirely possible. Still doesn't change the fact that he just had a dreadful season and is currently overrated to fuck.