You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

De Boer is basically a younger Van Gaal. He won titles with Ajax but he bored people to death with his football and he stunted the development of a lot of their young players. He favours a really conservative possession-based style with very little risk-taking or dynamism. Wouldn't bother me at all if he got the job.

De Boer is basically a younger Van Gaal. He won titles with Ajax but he bored people to death with his football and he stunted the development of a lot of their young players. He favours a really conservative possession-based style with very little risk-taking or dynamism. Wouldn't bother me at all if he got the job.

Yer ma.

• Upvote 3

My mate, the one who insisted Mourinho had signed a pre-contract with Everton, now insisting the hold up on utds announcement is because they have to negotiate a settlement with Everton first.

Reminds me of that scene from an episode The Office where the IT Support title is trying to convince Gareth that Bruce Lee faked his death so he could work as an undercover cop to infiltrate The Triads.

• Upvote 3

Reminds me of that scene from an episode The Office where the IT Support title is trying to convince Gareth that Bruce Lee faked his death so he could work as an undercover cop to infiltrate The Triads.

IT Support tit, that should have read - bastard auto - correct

My mate, the one who insisted Mourinho had signed a pre-contract with Everton, now insisting the hold up on utds announcement is because they have to negotiate a settlement with Everton first.

Forsooth, tis like Edward IV and his betrothal invalidating his marriage to Elizabeth Woodville, as they say down County Road.

The stunted development bit just isn't true at all. Ajax are built on a system of bringing the youth through and he's done great there.

He is a bit stuck in his 4-3-3 possession football. Most Ajax fans I know wanted him gone. They may regret it in the future though.

The stunted development bit just isn't true at all. Ajax are built on a system of bringing the youth through and he's done great there.

He is a bit stuck in his 4-3-3 possession football. Most Ajax fans I know wanted him gone. They may regret it in the future though.

While the Ajax fans might have grown weary of De Boer's preferred style of play, I think they were more irritated by the fact that PSV have claimed the last 2 Eredivisie titles. Also, a few years ago there was a huge boardroom and club management split with half the people siding with Cruyff and the other half with Van Gaal. De Boer is a Van Gaal acolyte and most of the fans were definitely behing Cruyff's vision where players are taught to take some risks and enjoy their football more whereas Van Gaal's vision is more based on disclipline and a regimented system of play centred on possession.

They don't have one attacking player who took the next step under his management. Viktor Fischer their biggest prospect under De Boer is on his way to Boro ffs. He did a good job with defenders like Vertonghen and Alderweireld but considering the attacking talent he had there he did very little to get the best out of them.

Viktor Fischer has hardly played in the last two years due to injury. When he returned he had the likes of El Ghazi and Younes ahead of him.

Look at Klaassen and Bazoer and tell me the youth aren't getting brought through.

I didn't say he wasn't bringing youth through, I said he wasn't getting the best out of them. None of them have turned into the stars they were supposed to become. Ajax have had by far the most talented teams in the Eredevisie during De Boer's time there. The problem is that he's had them playing conservative and defensive football.

I didn't say he wasn't bringing youth through, I said he wasn't getting the best out of them. None of them have turned into the stars they were supposed to become. Ajax have had by far the most talented teams in the Eredevisie during De Boer's time there. The problem is that he's had them playing conservative and defensive football.

PSV have been out spending them.

You said he has stunted development of the youth coming through. I disagree.

PSV have been out spending them. You said he has stunted development of the youth coming through. I disagree.

Yes, as in he hasn't been making them better players. His teams are solid units but none of the attackers really get the chance to shine individually. None of those high rated attacking players he has brought through are breaking out.

Yes, as in he hasn't been making them better players. His teams are solid units but none of the attackers really get the chance to shine individually. None of those high rated attacking players he has brought through are breaking out.

Kishna was bought by Lazio, Napoli have been chasing Klaassen for ages but he doesn't seem interested, Barca are after El Ghazi and Bazoer and Milik has loads after him at the moment.

Kishna was bought by Lazio, Napoli have been chasing Klaassen for ages but he doesn't seem interested, Barca are after El Ghazi and Bazoer and Milik has loads after him at the moment.

Kishna was a massive talent who was bought for only 3m Euros. Those players are getting offers because they have great potential in general. If De Boer was actually willing to play attacking football Ajax would make a fortune on these players but instead most of the attacking players that have left Ajax have only garnered smallish fees because De Boer doesn't make them look very good.

Ajax turned down a bid of 18.5 million for Klaassen from Napoli on the last day of the transfer window in January. They are now willing to sell for 25 million. Klaassen doesn't want to go there though. It's not peanuts.

Kishna was on his last year of contract and had only played a year in the Eredivisie. His agent was pushing for a move as Ajax don't exactly pay big these days. Still a bargain though.

I don't watch multiple leagues like you. I only watch Premier League because we play in it and Eredivisie because I live in the Netherlands. I disagree with you but this is an Everton thread so I'll leave it there. Hopefully Ardja will be along soon for you to play with.

• Upvote 2

Ajax turned down a bid of 18.5 million for Klaassen from Napoli on the last day of the transfer window in January. They are now willing to sell for 25 million. Klaassen doesn't want to go there though. It's not peanuts.

Kishna was on his last year of contract and had only played a year in the Eredivisie. His agent was pushing for a move as Ajax don't exactly pay big these days. Still a bargain though.

I don't watch multiple leagues like you. I only watch Premier League because we play in it and Eredivisie because I live in the Netherlands. I disagree with you but this is an Everton thread so I'll leave it there. Hopefully Ardja will be along soon for you to play with.

I can smell the condescension emanating from this. It's just a conversation. Your last sentence wasn't really necessary, imo.

• Upvote 1