You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Two bitters on my Facebook still going on about Suarez saying how much of a horrible bastard he was and that he should have been put down like a dog the first time he bit someone. Get over it lads, he's been gone nearly 2 years.

Seriously, what's not to love?

Seriously, what's not to love?

The use of footballing achievements in order to 'get one back' on others in a footballing rivalry is lost completely on people that would rather resort to vile chants and bitter behaviour. The complete lack of any achievements for 21 years the cause, they need our pity more than they need our dislike. 

They have my pity.

• Upvote 1

They might experience a certain irony this summer. I can see them spending more than at any time in their history but ending up with a worse team, especially when you consider 2-3 players who might leave, as they are too good for them.

Everton are entering choppy waters in my view. It's relatively easy to be plucky underdogs. Set the team up, get them fighting for one another, and hey presto, you finish upper mid table ala Moyes. But then the problems start. You get ideas above your station and bring a fella like Martinez in, as no doubt he talked a good game and dazzled them with his iPad presentation.

But with increased expectations it gets harder. Everton now have a better squad than at any time I remember, at least since their glory days under Kendall. But somehow they are worse than the dour grafters that Moyes sent out to play.

And increased spending won't help them! They'll lose 2-3 good players, spend a lot (relatively) and will be making all sorts of boasts, but I can't see them even doing as well as they did under Moyes. Still, at least with that investor our blue brethren will have a bit of hope for a while. Unfortunately they will come crashing down once the action gets going next season and they see they are no better off.

Remember the good old days when City were like that for us?

Although you could argue Sterling is continuing that tradition.

There were quite a few who came to City once they'd seen their best at Liverpool, and a a few who went went the other one whilst on the up.

Whenever we got an ex-Liverpool player it was seen as someone who'd help improve us, and more often than not, they did a decent job. McMahon, James, Anelka, Hamaan were all good for us, Fowler was ok, McManaman wasn't up to much though.

And you could count Keegan in their as a manager - he was very good for us all in all.

Sterling is shite - well and truly shafted on that transfer, but that's what happens when you have more money than sense. 

Many of them are clinging desperately to the hope that he will somehow turn into a 49m pound player "in a couple of years" as if paying 49m for someone who is worth 20 absolute tops and them waiting around for three years in the hope they magically become worth 49m is some type of brilliant move.

Is that the general consensus among City regarding Sterling ?

I don't watch City much, but I wouldn't say Sterling has been shite, underwhelming maybe. You got rinsed on the fee though.

No, it's probably not the general consensus.

I think most agree we got rinsed on the price, but many are putting a brave face on it with the 'he's young and will only improve' line.

'Shite' is probably going too far, but underwhelming is definitely accurate.

When you put him up against De Bruyne, they are world's apart. One's a footballer, and the other is a camp sprinter.

• Upvote 1

There is no relation to price and value until you put, or don't put, a trophy in the cabinet. City have enough cash for rinsing,  for us it's a bloodbath. The market compels what it compels. I'd rather we invested everything in the best academy we can build and play them when they come of age.

BBC rumour column going with a story this morning from the Star (I think?) that United are going to make a 45m bid for Barkley.

I'd love to see that happen.  Compared to other players United could get for that money Barkley is hugely overpriced.  Plus if the blues lose Lukaku and Barkley in the same summer, they will be worse next season with whoever they convince to replace them.  Not that Everton's league position should really be relevant to Liverpool, except as a reason to mock them, but it's always nice to see them getting worse.

They could sell Barkley, Stones and Lukaku and they could put that towards their new ground. If they stay at Goodison £130m can get you a shitload of ronseal

They won't need to do that, they've got a new owner who's going to build them a 100k stadium on the site of the old kwik save on County Road at a cost of 500m, give all their best players 500k per week and then sign Messi.
  • Upvote 1

They won't need to do that, they've got a new owner who's going to build them a 100k stadium on the site of the old kwik save on County Road at a cost of 500m, give all their best players 500k per week and then sign Messi.

Not sure Messi will play under Mourinho.
  • Upvote 2

Radio city phone in was comedy gold on the way home in the car then. They reckon they are getting Mourinho as manager because Lukaku hinted that he wants to play in the Champions League. It's his way of saying "get a better manager or I'm leaving".

That Niasse is already a waste of money and is another Kone