You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

There's something deeply flawed about a club song that declares it doesn't care what the rival says. If they don't care then why declare that they don't care all of the time. Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

Then there's the 'people's club' shite where they claim their fans are all from the city, That city would be called Liverpool. In fact a snappier line would be the Liverpool club. They're a small area in the city of Liverpool, a small club compared to us. A club that jumped on the bandwagon of being a local club for local people, then wondered why they have very little appeal to anyone outside of the city. Oh I realise there are small patches of foreign blues dotted about the world, probably life's losers looking for kindred spirits to share their painful stories of conspiracy.

I only care about the result tonight because it decides who we play at Wembley next month. City win and we have the chance to win the cup. The bitters win and there's not only a cup on offer, there's a chance to ram that 21 years and waiting hunger for silverware down their rancid little throats.

I remember the friendly finals, friendly mostly because the orcs were having some success in football. But that was years ago, bitterness and bile have been building up in the city at levels that would challenge Venkman and Spengler. If they win tonight they'll shit themselves. If they lose they can blame it on a manager that 9 out of 10 bitters want sacked anyway.

I want them to win, we have been building up our 'no trophies for xx years' song and it seems appropriate that we mark the 21st with a silver trophy at their expense.

• Upvote 2

I think Everton will go through. Whether or not City win this competition won't matter in the grand scheme of things regarding Pellegrini's job and I think he'd honestly rather lose this tie than having to play an extra game next month when the Champions League starts again. They actually have a good chance of getting into the quarter finals this time considering it's only Dynamo Kiev and getting far in the Champions League is his only hope of retaining his job.

Everton on the other hand basically have their season riding on this. They are shite but they'll be up for it more

I think Everton will go through. Whether or not City win this competition won't matter in the grand scheme of things regarding Pellegrini's job and I think he'd honestly rather lose this tie than having to play an extra game next month when the Champions League starts again. They actually have a good chance of getting into the quarter finals this time considering it's only Dynamo Kiev and getting far in the Champions League is his only hope of retaining his job.

Everton on the other hand basically have their season riding on this. They are shite but they'll be up for it more

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Pellegrini would rather lose than progress to the final and have the chance of winning another trophy. The League Cup won't be his priority, but he will want to win as many trophies as possible.

A genuine post from GOT...

Anyone else prepared their lasses for the fume fest come final whistle? Mines at work till half 9. God knows what she's coming home to. She's been through enough this season bless her......

Almost want to sign up just to post Everton wives run for yer lives in response.

A genuine post from GOT...

Anyone else prepared their lasses for the fume fest come final whistle? Mines at work till half 9. God knows what she's coming home to. She's been through enough this season bless her......

Almost want to sign up just to post Everton wives run for yer lives in response.

Surely it's a red on a wind up? Either that or they're becoming a complete parody of themselves.