You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Fucking Hell.  One of my mates who was at The Pit today had this rant on Facebook.

"And while I'm still fuming about the match....Bill Kenwright turned up on the day there was a 'Mr' Kenwright plane! He's been dying for months! If I'm wrong on this I'll hold my hands up but he'll outlive me!"

One of his mates came back with

"He looked terrible lad fingers crossed he's on his way out the arl fucker"

That's bad, that.  I doubt you'd even find anyone one here who'd come up with shit like that about the comedy legend Big Gay Bill.

• Upvote 1

Fucking Hell.  One of my mates who was at The Pit today had this rant on Facebook.

"And while I'm still fuming about the match....Bill Kenwright turned up on the day there was a 'Mr' Kenwright plane! He's been dying for months! If I'm wrong on this I'll hold my hands up but he'll outlive me!"

That's bad, that.  I doubt you'd even find anyone one here who'd come up with shit like that about the comedy legend Big Gay Bill.

what the fuck is wrong with them? 

His doctors have a lot to answer for - you really wouldn't let your patient go to Woodison for a pick-me-up health tonic, would you?

Interesting stuff.

Two of the richest men on County Road are buying the Blues.

Everton FC takeover: Blues remain tight-lipped over reports of a £200 million deal from US consortium

Everton are on the verge of a takeover led by American investors, according to reports tonight.

The Times newspaper claim a consortium led by John J Moores and Charles Noell have been given a six week period of exclusivity to run the rule over the Goodison books.

Any deal, it is said, would be worth in the region of £200, with the US-based group having until the end of January to make a decision.

Everton were unavailable for comment on the story this evening.

Moores and Noell are rumoured to have explored the idea of investing in Swansea City earlier this year but a deal fell through.

A further bid for Chester City was also turned down, so the Americans have looked further down the food-chain.

I added that last paragraph, sorry.

Bill's given them until January.  By then, the bid will have halved.

• Upvote 3

The two men were found innocent of fraud when it turned out that Peregrine, a software company they ran, had falsified its accounting in order to boost its share price. Moores made $630m by selling his shares prior to the fraud being revealed. Noell's company were the outside accountants responsible for checking the books and he was Chairman of the Audit Committee. The judge found that it was impossible to prove that either of the men were aware of the fraud

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2002-10-13/just-how-much-did-john-moores-know

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-of-appeal/1394029.html

• Upvote 2

Interesting stuff.

Two of the richest men on County Road are buying the Blues.

Everton FC takeover: Blues remain tight-lipped over reports of a £200 million deal from US consortium

Everton are on the verge of a takeover led by American investors, according to reports tonight.

The Times newspaper claim a consortium led by John J Moores and Charles Noell have been given a six week period of exclusivity to run the rule over the Goodison books.

Any deal, it is said, would be worth in the region of £200, with the US-based group having until the end of January to make a decision.

Everton were unavailable for comment on the story this evening.

Moores and Noell are rumoured to have explored the idea of investing in Swansea City earlier this year but a deal fell through.

A further bid for Chester City was also turned down, so the Americans have looked further down the food-chain.

I added that last paragraph, sorry.

Bill's given them until January. By then, the bid will have halved.

Any deal, it is said, would be worth in the region of £200.....

Seems overpriced to me.

• Upvote 1

San Diego Tribune

Jan 2015

Standing in the same room as Justin Upton, Wil Myers, Derek Norris and Will Middlebrooks, Padres Executive Chairman Ron Fowler fielded a question.

Due to previous regimes, Padres fans seemed a little jaded when it came to ownersh...

Fowler interrupted.

"A little?" he asked.

And that said it all.

When your predecessors include the likes of Tom Werner and Jeff Moorad, you're going to inherit county-wide cynicism.

Moores is a Texan...

The problem for them is that they've played the virgin at the prom for too long! The number of suitors has dried up. Big Gay Bill is sick and the other board members with just as many shares as him have no interest in wanting the unappreciated job of running a PL club that isn't awash with money and has no assets bar the playing staff. If its not this leech it will be another.

• Upvote 1

Unless fat joe stumps up for a stadium then any new owner might insist on flogging their asset players (Barkley, Stones, Lukaku) to put towards one.  But obviously the effect of losing your best players means that you'll do less well and their, already sparse, crowds will drop meaning no need for a new stadium.