You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Arf.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/theatre-dance/news/bill-kenwright-ltd-accused-of-cheating-audiences-over-play-publicity-campaign-a6777711.html

Bill Kenwright Ltd accused of 'cheating' Before the Party audiences after using quotes from previous production's reviews for publicity

Marketing for Tom Conti's 'Before the Party' used positive quotes from reviews describing unconnected staging of the work

Theatre-goers flocking to see Tom Conti’s touring show Before the Party would have been reassured by glowing quotes used in the publicity campaign, calling it “sheer spikey bliss” and “gleefully vicious”. The only problem was the fulsome praise from the newspapers was for a different production of the play altogether.

Production company Bill Kenwright Ltd has been accused of deceiving audiences with the material it used to publicise its production of Rodney Ackland’s play, which toured the UK in September and October.

The marketing material used positive quotes from reviews and the star ratings from newspapers describing a completely unconnected staging of the work, directed by Matthew Dunster at the Almeida Theatre in London in 2013.

The jokes practically write themselves.

• Upvote 1

vxvuw.gif

I love that game, it still makes me chuckle any time I think about it, that clip included. Everton fancy themselves going into the game, Brad Jones in nets, Jelavic, the best player in the world at the time, puts them one up a half time and it's all going to plan... Then they completely shit themselves. Plus as Carroll scored the goal, they're scared to even have a dig at the worst transfer we've ever made because all you'd need to say back was, "aye, but what about the FA Cup semi, worth £35 million on its own that".

• Upvote 1

Is that "fuck" he's shouting or something in Welsh?

They fancied their chances in that one. A blue mate of mine text me before the game saying its the most confident he has been before a Derby since the semi-final. I think the "fuck" shout is after we went 4 up after making them look like a dockyard league side. 

They all were but none of them caused any trouble, that's Kopite behaviour.

I've been to 3 Everton euro aways in the past 8 years as moral support to a mate who lost his brother - Nuremburg, Lisbon, Lille - and I can categorically say its much better than following Liverpool away in Europe these days.

Whereas we're too cool for skool, its just another city, don't mingle,  don't talk to wools, been there done that, not as good as Bully etc, the Blue Noses are open, friendly, self effacing, and aren't up their own arses.

Might upset a few on here but our euro support is shite (apart from the foreigners ironically who are still up for it, albeit in a cliche way)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've been to 3 Everton euro aways in the past 8 years as moral support to a mate who lost his brother - Nuremburg, Lisbon, Lille - and I can categorically say its much better than following Liverpool away in Europe these days.

Whereas we're too cool for skool, its just another city, don't mingle, don't talk to wools, been there done that, not as good as Bully etc, the Blue Noses are open, friendly, self effacing, and aren't up their own arses.

Might upset a few on here but our euro support is shite (apart from the foreigners ironically who are still up for it, albeit in a cliche way)

Can understand what you mean. I can imagine there to be some hierarchy in Euro away games like "we robbed Trabs in Paris in 81" or "we went to Rome" so we are better than everyone"

Not patronising Everton but they still see Europe as a novelty and a lot of them go simply to enjoy the day out.

They fancied their chances in that one. A blue mate of mine text me before the game saying its the most confident he has been before a Derby since the semi-final. I think the "fuck" shout is after we went 4 up after making them look like a dockyard league side.

They were lucky to escape with just the 4 hiding that night. If we were more ruthless it could and should've been our biggest win against them.

Which would have been nice.

Whereas we're too cool for skool, its just another city, don't mingle, don't talk to wools, been there done that, not as good as Bully etc, the Blue Noses are open, friendly, self effacing, and aren't up their own arses.

I share your view our euro aways are longer what they were, but certainly not for the same reasons. I thought after Istanbul there became a new set of fans watching us who seemed to think the only thing you can do on a European away is find the most central Irish bar, drape it in red and not move for 2 days. All I wanted to do was avoid that, I enjoy mixing with the locals and that didn't seem to be the way to do it.

I used to go to all the aways but I don't bother anymore as I just no longer enjoyed it and it didn't seem worth the hassle to get the time off. We talked about going to the next round of the uefa, but decided we'd have just as good a time flying somewhere random and cheap and just watching it there in a pub.