You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 09/08/2022 at 12:04, sir roger said:

Bit of a shame these signings as I genuinely thought they might get flushed this season, but Coady, Gueye and Onana make it very unlikely.

Probably but I still don’t see where their goals are coming from other than DCL and his fitness record is terrible. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

They'll still be lower half, but they have probably added enough decent enough quality to be clear of the bottom 3.

I'm not convinced.

This transfer window is like a shit version of 2017 - when they all got excited by the likes of Pickford, Keane, Klaasen, Cusco Martina and "the beast" Sandro. This time around, they're starting from a much lower level, signing considerably worse players and have a much, much worse manager. This could be their year.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not convinced.

This transfer window is like a shit version of 2017 - when they all got excited by the likes of Pickford, Keane, Klaasen, Cusco Martina and "the beast" Sandro. This time around, they're starting from a much lower level, signing considerably worse players and have a much, much worse manager. This could be their year.

I hope so...but just feel there will be at least 3 teams worse than them.

But as i have said before it is coming - might not be this year, but it is coming - you can't be as badly run as they are on and off the park and it not eventually happen.

17 minutes ago, an tha said:

I hope so...but just feel there will be at least 3 teams worse than them.

But as i have said before it is coming - might not be this year, but it is coming - you can't be as badly run as they are on and off the park and it not eventually happen.

One good thing about Fulham last week is knowing that if they can manage another, say, 20 performances like that, they'll stay up. 

I don't fancy Bournemouth's chances.

Forest's chances will depend on how quickly they can get their new signings to gel. 

Villa, Southampton and Brentford will flirt with the drop, but will be safe with a few games to spare. 

Leeds and the Bloos are going to be circling the drain until the last day.

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

One good thing about Fulham last week is knowing that if they can manage another, say, 20 performances like that, they'll stay up. 

I don't fancy Bournemouth's chances.

Forest's chances will depend on how quickly they can get their new signings to gel. 

Villa, Southampton and Brentford will flirt with the drop, but will be safe with a few games to spare. 

Leeds and the Bloos are going to be circling the drain until the last day.

Personally i think fulham will drop along with bournemouth and brentford.

fulham are shite - we just had the misfortune to go there when they were dead up for it on opening day, all the newness and hope of first day back in league etc......although frankly if we had been anywhere near our best it wouldn't have been a problem - but hey.

I sadly can't see the shite dropping this year - but i can deffo see it happening in next couple.

They might not get relegated but they've basically set themselves back years from what they were planning to do. 

Moshiri wanted a free stadium or the council to loan them the money for it at a favourable rate. Then they decided to spend tons of cash to try to get into the top 4 regularly. Now they have West Ham, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal going all out to try to get into the top 4. Also Newcastle will enter the mix in the next couple of seasons. 

Even qualifying for the Europa League earns them very little. Somehow they are going to have to pay for this new stadium without any extra revenue and dodgy Usmanov deals. Our only hope is that in the meantime they keep breaching the Premier League profit and sustainability rules but it doesn't look like they will ever get done unless the rest of the league asks why they are always allowed to get away with it.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Seen one of the blerts complaining on the echo comments about us getting planning permission from the council to expand the Annie Road quicker then they got it for the slave arena. 

Bit silly really when you think that they went through about 575 public consultations since they announced it in 2016. Even one which confirmed that they have less fans in the city that Liverpool do.