You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They’re continuing to use some of the older buildings for apartments and the plan is more apartments and mixed commercial use - bars, etc. Not sure people want to be sat at dockside bars with the smell of a sewage plant wafting over at them.

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Pretty derelict area for many years.

Obviously the ground-side is just out of use docks side by side.

Across the road is a long-depressed industrial area of side streets with some small businesses and dilapidated factories. A bit livelier about 600 yards towards town with a Costco and decent car sales places, then you are on the fringe of the city centre.Small businesses like chippies may spring up and a few closed pubs might reopen, but I can't see much redevelopment potential and few people will want to hang around and will gravitate to the city centre or go home immediately after matches. The traffic situation will be very difficult, particularly at weekends.

They go on about it being "in town" as well. For example it's only half a mile closer to queen square than woodison and just 0.3 miles closer than my exit from Anfield. Again it's just half a mile closer to a train station. If it does genuinely kickstart a regeneration it'll be great for them on match days and hopefully great for the city too. But the likelihood is it'll just be a stadium in a more weather exposed location with worse transport links than their current stadium 

But most likely of all is it'll end up like the Nou Mestalla and we'll somehow end up with a bigger eye sore on the river front than the derelict dock that was there to begin with, but with all the heritage destroyed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Pretty derelict area for many years.

Obviously the ground-side is just out of use docks side by side.

Across the road is a long-depressed industrial area of side streets with some small businesses and dilapidated factories. A bit livelier about 600 yards towards town with a Costco and decent car sales places, then you are on the fringe of the city centre.Small businesses like chippies may spring up and a few closed pubs might reopen, but I can't see much redevelopment potential and few people will want to hang around and will gravitate to the city centre or go home immediately after matches. The traffic situation will be very difficult, particularly at weekends.

Sounds perfect for them, carry on 

I still think the new shite stadium is one of the most ridiculous building projects of the last 50 years!

I can't get over the idea of commencing a major building project on the edge of a tidal river, practically at the mouth of said river where it meets the sea, when it's accepted scientific fact that sea levels are rising rapidly!

You're just asking for it to be washed away  are they banking on the insurance payout or something?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I still think the new shite stadium is one of the most ridiculous building projects of the last 50 years!

I can't get over the idea of commencing a major building project on the edge of a tidal river, practically at the mouth of said river where it meets the sea, when it's accepted scientific fact that sea levels are rising rapidly!

You're just asking for it to be washed away  are they banking on the insurance payout or something?

Going from ‘Washed up’ to ‘Washed away’ counts as progress?

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Even before it actually sinks, cancellations (on fan safety grounds) as a result of storms are going to be a regular feature: they've got permanent fixture congestion built in. 

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Probably banking on the Mersey Barrage project getting off the ground.

There needs to be a new station in between Moorfields and Sandhills. There's a large open space opposite the Titanic and Dock warehouse with loads or railway arches and next to the canal. Perfect for a London overground Hoxton style station and use of the arches that could be turned into bars. 

Peel are planning on dumping a massive power station there instead. Peel are absolutely fucking useless and have done fuck all to the "Liverpool Waters" project since 2005. There's been a few new buildings in Princes Dock but that's all private funding from the companies building them. The Isle of Mann ferry terminal has been almost entirely funded by the IOM government and nothing has happened at all with the cruise ship terminal that could bring in millions to the city.

Comments won't load up but I presume they are going on about Liverpool furloughing staff, ruining the Anfield area, making stuff up about Liverpool getting money off the council and Heysel.

There was a tweet condemning someone saying they want Kenwright to die. First reply "We're better than this, it's kopite behaviour"

Don't think anyone ever said that about David Moores even when he sold to Hicks and Gillett.

• Upvote 1

Anyone ever get that thing where they're just going about their business on Twitter, taking the piss out of Everton, where one will just randomly pop up and start questioning your authenticity? It's really all they've got, this sad impression that they're somehow more real because they support Everton. It's sad as fuck. What a horrible existence. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Anyone ever get that thing where they're just going about their business on Twitter, taking the piss out of Everton, where one will just randomly pop up and start questioning your authenticity? It's really all they've got, this sad impression that they're somehow more real because they support Everton. It's sad as fuck. What a horrible existence. 

Their go to insults are:

Tourist

Never been to Anfield 

Not from Liverpool 

Even if your bio says "Liverpool" they accuse you of being a wool or a Norwegian. It's like an out of office reply. 

They truly believe that they were chosen to support Everton. They are like some weird Charles Manson cult. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Comments won't load up but I presume they are going on about Liverpool furloughing staff, ruining the Anfield area, making stuff up about Liverpool getting money off the council and Heysel.

There was a tweet condemning someone saying they want Kenwright to die. First reply "We're better than this, it's kopite behaviour"

Don't think anyone ever said that about David Moores even when he sold to Hicks and Gillett.

Just a few 'victims' shouts because Reds have dared to call them out. You know the kind, the same shitbags who won't ever say it in the pub. 

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

They’re continuing to use some of the older buildings for apartments and the plan is more apartments and mixed commercial use - bars, etc. Not sure people want to be sat at dockside bars with the smell of a sewage plant wafting over at them.

Then there is the actual sewage plant too rather than just blue shite on the pitch

The story of Everton is like a Bible story. One brother won everything and the other became a jealous & pointless cunt.

"I closed my eyes, drew back the curtains (ah-ah) to discover I'd won six European cups and hadn't been racist to Les Ferdinand's family." Verily.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The story of Everton is like a Bible story. One brother won everything and the other became a jealous & pointless cunt.

"I closed my eyes, drew back the curtains (ah-ah) to discover I'd won six European cups and hadn't been racist to Les Ferdinand's family." Verily.

“Joseph And His Amazing Technicolor Shellsuit”?

• Upvote 1