You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

46 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't argue with that, but I like a bit of value to my betting! 

I've put a tenner bet on Everton being relegated every year for about 15 years. I dont really think it will happen or take much notice of the odds, it is done in the main  just to boil piss in conversation in pubs etc.and I have never regretted a single one.

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Who in their right mind would commit £500m to buying Everton and another £500m to building the ground. 

Talk about a waste of money.

Are they not talking about a leveraged buyout?  That's the only way it could make sense - twatty shenanigans with other people's money.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Are they not talking about a leveraged buyout?  That's the only way it could make sense - twatty shenanigans with other people's money.

It'd be the biggest waste of money since KLF burnt £1m.

It's hard to see how in the real world a business that has consistently lost money for years and requires massive investment in the mere  hope of turning a future profit has any value. But we live in a world where Chelsea are apparently worth £3bn so anything is possible I suppose. 

12 hours ago, JagSquared said:

I fail to see the attraction for any buyer. Guess there’s always someone willing to throw money away.

The notion is that global overseas rights are in the foothills and that it'll be easy to rake in cash once those get going.

Saw this on a facebook news post 

Tottenham have now opened up talks with Everton, for Brazilian forward Richarlison. Richarlison is eager for the move to happen after telling friends and family that he felt embarrassed by the scenes from fans at the end of last season celebrating survival.

Everton remain insistent the player will not be sold, unless an ‘exceptional’ offer is received (£65M+) 

However Everton only have until June 30th to adjust any losses to comply with the Premier Leagues profit and sustainability rules.

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

They’re gonna get screwed on the transfer fee if they’re desperate to get money in. 

Wait, so the Premier League definitely knew they cheated last season, but it's okay as long as they balance the books AFTER another team was relegated?

That's fucking scandalous. Burnley should be straight to CAS with that shite.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Wait, so the Premier League definitely knew they cheated last season, but it's okay as long as they balance the books AFTER another team was relegated?

That's fucking scandalous. Burnley should be straight to CAS with that shite.

Redshite propaganda. The Esk says we've got enough money to buy prime Messi and Ronaldo.