You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I still find it hard to believe how badly they fucked up that Euro League. 
They could have surely come up with a format that allowed the big teams to qualify almost every year, whilst keeping the illusion of competition - I mean that’s pretty much the Champions League anyway - but with more money and power to the clubs to fuck off the cheating twats.

Because the people who run our club (and those at arsenal, spurs and Chelsea) thought it a good idea to sit back and let that gobshite Perez be the mouthpiece and agnelli and the glazers to be the brains of the operation. 

13 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I still find it hard to believe how badly they fucked up that Euro League. 
They could have surely come up with a format that allowed the big teams to qualify almost every year, whilst keeping the illusion of competition - I mean that’s pretty much the Champions League anyway - but with more money and power to the clubs to fuck off the cheating twats.

But why would you want super rich clubs to have more money than they already have? Do you think ticket prices will reduce? Fans will get a say on the running of the club? Football League teams get a bigger share so they can realistically compete? No,me neither. We already have a super league but it's still nowhere near fair,yet another version would make it even less fair. 

This is like society in general,fans squabble over rivalries while the same cunts at the top share the spoils but everybody feels helpless and attack each other. We have the structure for a fairer society/professional football organisation but we refuse to use the collective power we,the fans/average voter,for the benefit of the majority.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

But why would you want super rich clubs to have more money than they already have? Do you think ticket prices will reduce? Fans will get a say on the running of the club? Football League teams get a bigger share so they can realistically compete? No,me neither. We already have a super league but it's still nowhere near fair,yet another version would make it even less fair. 

This is like society in general,fans squabble over rivalries while the same cunts at the top share the spoils but everybody feels helpless and attack each other. We have the structure for a fairer society/professional football organisation but we refuse to use the collective power we,the fans/average voter,for the benefit of the majority.

It might be safe to go to the match though. I'd take that as a starting point.

I've been to loads of uefa finals over the years, there's been more matches with chaos than those without. And Istanbul and Paris were genuinely dangerous. Athens wasn't much better being run in a fucking stadium without turnstiles. Our fans did not help there, but what the fuck do people think is going to happen when people go to the stadium early afternoon looking for tickets and find out they can just walk in? 

I was against the super league when it was announced, but I'm done with uefa after that on Saturday. I'm not putting my life in their hands again. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Where did I say I wanted it?

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It might be safe to go to the match though. I'd take that as a starting point.

I've been to loads of uefa finals over the years, there's been more matches with chaos than those without. And Istanbul and Paris were genuinely dangerous. Athens wasn't much better being run in a fucking stadium without turnstiles. Our fans did not help there, but what the fuck do people think is going to happen when people go to the stadium early afternoon looking for tickets and find out they can just walk in? 

I was against the super league when it was announced, but I'm done with uefa after that on Saturday. I'm not putting my life in their hands again. 

Istanbul was dangerous? I didn’t see or hear anything about that. I had a boss time.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

They were serving half cooked burgers in the ground.

That explains it. Funnily enough I had the worst ever case of food poisoning from that trip. Spent 2 weeks after having fevered dreams about winning the champions league interrupted by dashing to the bog. The £1 kebab should have been a red flag.

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Istanbul was dangerous? I didn’t see or hear anything about that. I had a boss time.

We got crushed outside be ause they shut the gates. And the place was literally a building site with rocks and rubble everywhere. And the stadium was completely inaccessible, it took us 3 hours to get there. It was a fucking disgrace and it got washed away because of the way we won. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

We got crushed outside be ause they shut the gates. And the place was literally a building site with rocks and rubble everywhere. And the stadium was completely inaccessible, it took us 3 hours to get there. It was a fucking disgrace and it got washed away because of the way we won. 

Fortunately I wasn't involved in any crush but can confirm 100% on the rest. Just needed one idiot to throw something and the potential for injuries was crazy. 

One road in/out was an absolute joke of accessibility, as you say completely ignored due to the classic final. UEFA not giving a fuck for 40 years.

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Fortunately I wasn't involved in any crush but can confirm 100% on the rest. Just needed one idiot to throw something and the potential for injuries was crazy. 

One road in/out was an absolute joke of accessibility, as you say completely ignored due to the classic final. UEFA not giving a fuck for 40 years.

There are 2 roads in and out. 1 was reserved for players, uefa officials and key sponsors. Oddly when asked about it, uefa officials said they didn't see any issues. And it's back there next year. We went to Istanbul a few months later for a group game with gala and their fans were telling us all Turks absolutely hate the place. 

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Apart from the closed shop aspect I had no problem with the Super league. It would have removed greedy, corrupt, incompetent and contemptuous-of-the-fans UEFA from the equation. As one of the diners at the top table, our club would have had more say in matters. And, as much about further lining their pockets, it was also about the lines of us, Juve, Spanish clubs reining in the spending of the oil and oligarch clubs. It was no coincidence that the first to bale were City and Chelsea. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

There are 2 roads in and out. 1 was reserved for players, uefa officials and key sponsors. Oddly when asked about it, uefa officials said they didn't see any issues. And it's back there next year. We went to Istanbul a few months later for a group game with gala and their fans were telling us all Turks absolutely hate the place. 

Never knew about the 2 roads. Only one we could use, I always assumed that it was easy for officials because they got there at daft o'clock for their pre match freebies and then no rush to leave, unlike fans who took hours getting back, again due to freebies laid on at stadium. 

I always wondered if access has been improved in the years since. Doubt it, no reason too.

5 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Never knew about the 2 roads. Only one we could use, I always assumed that it was easy for officials because they got there at daft o'clock for their pre match freebies and then no rush to leave, unlike fans who took hours getting back, again due to freebies laid on at stadium. 

I always wondered if access has been improved in the years since. Doubt it, no reason too.

Yeah, I don't know if it's been improved since. I hope they've cleared up the building yard though. 

As for getting back, we jumped on a bus to the airport with the Milan fans, got off half way and got a taxi. It took no time!