You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I must have missed the memo. When did winning a cup final on penalties become less of an achievement than winning it in normal or extra time? Bitter Evertonians are helmets.

We avoided relegation by 67 points; that's what our parade was all about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

53 point gap, 3 finals, 2 trophies, in the CL again next season but they had the better season obviously. 

What’s to do with you, Everton fans across the length and breadth of County Road will have had a cry-wankathon over that finish to the season, obviously their season ending on Saturday too.

25 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It would be no loss to the city if somebody did a Den Perry/the Phoenix Club cigar job on this shithole. 

Why are you surprised,why is anybody surprised? Social Media is the world's biggest cesspit and it's best to avoid it for your own sanity. It's just a refuge for cowards who hide behind keyboards to say vile things they'd never say in public.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why are you surprised,why is anybody surprised? Social Media is the world's biggest cesspit and it's best to avoid it for your own sanity. It's just a refuge for cowards who hide behind keyboards to say vile things they'd never say in public.

Not The Brick; it's exactly like that in real life.

Just seen this on a LFC Facebook page 

Alot of Everton fans have made comments about Liverpool's parade yesterday and whether they should have had it after losing the Champions League final the night before 

They must have short memories 

In May 1986 Liverpool and Everton had a joint parade through the city. There were 3 buses labelled Merseyside 1, 2 and 3. Liverpool had the first 2 buses to show off the 1st division trophy and the FA Cup they had just won after beating Everton 3-1 at Wembley. 

Everton occupied the 3rd bus at the back with no trophies and no toilet. It was nicknamed 'The loser cruiser' by some fans. 

So yes, Everton once had an open top bus parade through the city after winning nothing 

2522A33D-405C-4089-B94F-841E47FB6741.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Alot of Everton fans have made comments about Liverpool's parade yesterday and whether they should have had it after losing the Champions League final the night before 

In May 1986 Liverpool and Everton had a joint parade through the city. There were 3 buses labelled Merseyside 1, 2 and 3. Liverpool had the first 2 buses to show off the 1st division trophy and the FA Cup they had just won after beating Everton 3-1 at Wembley. 

Everton occupied the 3rd bus at the back with no trophies and no toilet. It was nicknamed 'The loser cruiser' by some fans. 

So yes, Everton once had an open top bus parade through the city after winning nothing 

They were celebrating the European Cup they definitely would have won.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It would be no loss to the city if somebody did a Den Perry/the Phoenix Club cigar job on this shithole. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Someone who'd been to every home and away would have got a ticket. 

As if an Everton fan would know how a ballot for a major final would work.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I know the Everton coach had no toilet because their players stopped to use my Nan's bog on Richard Kelly Drive,just off Queens Drive. A few Liverpool players too.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I know the Everton coach had no toilet because their players stopped to use my Nan's bog on Richard Kelly Drive,just off Queens Drive. A few Liverpool players too.

Haha that’s quality. What an honour.

All Evertonians smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do. You think you're bitter? I'm going to tell you something: we're all bitter. You racially abused Les Ferdinand? So what? You get befuddled by morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You detonate industrial fireworks outside the Malmaison even though the other team are still in London? You did it, live with it. You haven't seen a trophy since Mandela was still inside? so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, go ahead, be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. It's called Goodison Park. I won't live in it. That's me.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I must have missed the memo. When did winning a cup final on penalties become less of an achievement than winning it in normal or extra time? Bitter Evertonians are helmets.

It was only this season they where saying the FA Cup meant more than big ears.

Change narrative to suit current mood.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Haha that’s quality. What an honour.

Yeah,my Uncles complained to the club because she was a kindly old lady who lived alone and they felt she'd been pressured as they tried a couple of other houses I believe. She did receive an apology letter from the club plus some flowers later.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

When it's involving Liverpool, Tone. The memo is clear. 

Der redshite furloughed staff. But then changed their minds.

Everton:

Took a £30m Covid business loan 

Took £700k from Liverpool City Council for research for their new stadium But are only prepared to pay less than half of it back.

They turned a blind eye to the agencies they employ furloughing catering staff and shop staff. 

Their owner avoids tax by living in Monaco but takes British taxpayers money.

Their owner donates to the Tory party.

They were originally part of the PL big five who broke away from the football league.

But they are the People's club.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Der redshite furloughed staff. But then changed their minds.

Everton:

Took a £30m Covid business loan 

Took £700k from Liverpool City Council for research for their new stadium But are only prepared to pay less than half of it back.

They turned a blind eye to the agencies they employ furloughing catering staff and shop staff. 

Their owner avoids tax by living in Monaco but takes British taxpayers money.

Their owner donates to the Tory party.

They were originally part of the PL big five who broke away from the football league.

But they are the People's club.

Yep. The brain never engages when they open their mouths. It's like a fella with an air rifle firing at a fully armoured fella with a machine gun. They just keep shooting until their ammo runs out but with no effect.

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The scab six. Ha.

I'd love to be part of a super League now. this year has completely changed my attitude to it. Let's see how long the premier League survives when its biggest matches are Everton vs west ham.

But it misses the point of the super league. It was never to replace the premier League. It was to replace the champions league and after the latest final disaster, it's pretty clear uefa can't do it. And this new competition is shite. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

But it misses the point of the super league. It was never to replace the premier League. It was to replace the champions league and after the latest final disaster, it's pretty clear uefa can't do it. And this new competition is shite. 

I still find it hard to believe how badly they fucked up that Euro League. 
They could have surely come up with a format that allowed the big teams to qualify almost every year, whilst keeping the illusion of competition - I mean that’s pretty much the Champions League anyway - but with more money and power to the clubs to fuck off the cheating twats.