You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, A Red said:

This thread is all about the bitterness, nastiness and hatred many  Everton fans feel for us. I don't think it should be a surprise that some acted the way they did.

You naively expecting normal behaviour from them could be seen to be a bit silly.

It came across that it was somehow her fault. Unless I misinterpreted what you meant?

It was cup final weekend, houses all over the city do it.

2 hours ago, deiseach said:

My neighbour would always roll out the Tipperary bunting whenever they went deep in the All-Ireland hurling championship, which was often and occasionally at the expense of Waterford. She was dead right to do so, and anyone who objected would have been an absolute twat.

How far away did you live from Tipperary?

* ducks 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

It came across that it was somehow her fault. Unless I misinterpreted what you meant?

It was cup final weekend, houses all over the city do it.

I consistently said it was the Everton fans fault, I just feel it was a daft thing to do knowing what bitter demented twats they can be. I do get that houses all over the city do it but the difference is most of them wont have Evertonian mutants walking en masse past them to Goodison.

4 hours ago, A Red said:

They chose to put up that stuff knowing full well that there would be Everton fans walking down that street that or the following day. Its clearly the fault of the twats that did what they did.

If you lived on that street would you have put celebratory stuff on display on that day?

"That day" being the weekend we won the fucking F fucking A fucking Cup.

Absofuckinglutely I would show my colours and celebrate my team, whether I lived on Goodison Road or the International Space Station. No cunt in their right mind would object enough to haul it down and no cunt in their right mind could offer any excuse for any cunt who did.

Seriously, you are giving off "she shouldn't have gone out dressed like that" vibes. Think on, young man; think on.

29 minutes ago, A Red said:

I consistently said it was the Everton fans fault, I just feel it was a daft thing to do knowing what bitter demented twats they can be. I do get that houses all over the city do it but the difference is most of them wont have Evertonian mutants walking en masse past them to Goodison.

That Royalist prick on GMB was arguing that Liverpool fans shouldn't have booked the National Anthem, because it could have annoyed Chelsea fans and incited them to violence.

Has he got a point?

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

"That day" being the weekend we won the fucking F fucking A fucking Cup.

Absofuckinglutely I would show my colours and celebrate my team, whether I lived on Goodison Road or the International Space Station. No cunt in their right mind would object enough to haul it down and no cunt in their right mind could offer any excuse for any cunt who did.

Seriously, you are giving off "she shouldn't have gone out dressed like that" vibes. Think on, young man; think on.

Sometimes you really can be a sanctimonious twat.

We are talking about Evertonian cunts, not cunts in their right mind. I'm not offering excuses I am merely pointing out that sometimes people need to show a bit of due diligence and be sensible. We won the FA cup the day before and they were on their way to a relegation battle there may be a bit of red rag to a bull there. Remember we are not dealing with normal sensible people but loons.

Good for you but I would have thought better than decorating my house with flags etc for that particular day.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If you're paying £9,000 for a watch, you're not being sensible.

My watch cost £50 and I pushed the boat out on that. I cant be trusted with anything of value.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Sometimes you really can be a sanctimonious twat.

We are talking about Evertonian cunts, not cunts in their right mind. I'm not offering excuses I am merely pointing out that sometimes people need to show a bit of due diligence and be sensible. We won the FA cup the day before and they were on their way to a relegation battle there may be a bit of red rag to a bull there. Remember we are not dealing with normal sensible people but loons.

Good for you but I would have thought better than decorating my house with flags etc for that particular day.

You're arguing that people whose houses were attacked to some extent brought it on themselves - and I'm the sanctimonious one? 

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That Royalist prick on GMB was arguing that Liverpool fans shouldn't have booked the National Anthem, because it could have annoyed Chelsea fans and incited them to violence.

Has he got a point?

No

Nobody should be so afraid, or be made to be afraid, of doing something as relatively innocuous as putting up a flag, scarf or banner of their team, no matter where they live and particularly when said team has just won one of the four major trophies that a team can win in this country.

As per, I expect the great majority of Everton fans who would have walked past did so without reacting excessively, and it would have been the minority of  the “better blue me la’s” who caused the issues for the homeowners, by becoming aggressive and forcing them to remove the items.

I would like to have thought that, seeing the gobshites reacting like they did, there might have been a sufficient number of the majority tell them to fucking grow up and behave, but obviously that didn’t happen.

Not much class a or dignity being shown by all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You're arguing that people whose houses were attacked to some extent brought it on themselves - and I'm the sanctimonious one? 

No, I'm pointing out it was a daft thing to do.

9 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Nobody should be so afraid, or be made to be afraid, of doing something as relatively innocuous as putting up a flag, scarf or banner of their team, no matter where they live and particularly when said team has just won one of the four major trophies that a team can win in this country.

As per, I expect the great majority of Everton fans who would have walked past did so without reacting excessively, and it would have been the minority of  the “better blue me la’s” who caused the issues for the homeowners, by becoming aggressive and forcing them to remove the items.

I would like to have thought that, seeing the gobshites reacting like they did, there might have been a sufficient number of the majority tell them to fucking grow up and behave, but obviously that didn’t happen.

Not much class a or dignity being shown by all.

True enough no-one should be afraid of celebrating and showing their colours, totally agree. In the real world there are times that, despite it being completely reasonable, its sensible not to do it. I've been to plenty of away games where I've been on my own and covered my scarf to avoid possible confrontation.

You're right, class and dignity my arse.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Has he got a point?

Pity he never thinks Chelsea fans singing Murderers, sign on, always the victims, the sun was right might incite Liverpool fans to violence. 

• Upvote 4