You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

It sounds to me (the electronic device bit) that should take no time. It's been about a year now hasn't it? 

They have a massive backlog in cases. Too much work (drugs cases, child photograph cases, etc) and not enough resources. Due to a lack of CPS resources getting a charging decision can take time as well. That’s how it is. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

They have a massive backlog in cases. Too much work (drugs cases, child photograph cases, etc) and not enough resources. Due to a lack of CPS resources getting a charging decision can take time as well. That’s how it is. 

They seem to be able to speed it up just fine for the killers of Tory MPs! 

5 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Purely in the interest of balance: they didn't exactly drag their heels over the murder of Jo Cox, either. 

Fair point. Maybe I should just say MP, I only mentioned the Tory really as he was sentenced last week or the week before, which my first reaction to was "that was fucking quick". 

And for @Anubis why do murders take priority? The victims of sexual assault who are trying to get on with their lives are surely entitled to want the rapist banged up? At least the killer was in prison anyway in this case. Our blue cousin hasn't even been charged yet has he? Which to me seems unfair on both sides. If he's guilty, it's unfair on the victim, if he's innocent it has finished his career. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Closed shop…. Look at the amount of utter, utter rubbish they’ve wasted their money on…

63BF546C-8C99-4AC1-8673-76A4045A6304.png
4C04E112-DCEB-424A-BC00-D0D9E449D130.png

They can't explain the closed shop theory when you point out that Leicester have won all 3 domestic trophies since they last won one. That Wigan and Cardiff have won the FA Cup since 2010 and West Ham and Leicester are in European semi finals this season.

Also Fulham and Middlesbrough have been in European finals since 2000 while Everton couldn't get out of their group in 2017 which included 3 teams who spent a fraction of what they did.  Their mental gymnastics are absolutely outstanding. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They can't explain the closed shop theory when you point out that Leicester have won all 3 domestic trophies since they last won one. That Wigan and Cardiff have won the FA Cup since 2010 and West Ham and Leicester are in European semi finals this season.

Also Fulham and Middlesbrough have been in European finals since 2000 while Everton couldn't get out of their group in 2017 which included 3 teams who spent a fraction of what they did.  Their mental gymnastics are absolutely outstanding. 

Cardiff haven't won the fa cup since 2010? They got beat by Portsmouth at some point before they went to shit I think. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Cardiff haven't won the fa cup since 2010? They got beat by Portsmouth at some point before they went to shit I think. 

You're right. For some reason j thought they had won it recently by beating Portsmouth. 

Anyway, Portsmouth aren't part of the sly 6 or are sky favourites going by their conspiracy theory.

They're really buying into this PEDs comfort blanket thing, aren’t they? 

I mean, look at all the players we’ve got here. There’s got to be a reason why our players can run and press so much…

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os39283/epl-2022-premier-league-most-distance-covered-this-season-statistics-opta-data

5D1C4619-EE70-4CF6-8167-F7698D95281D.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

They're really buying into this PEDs comfort blanket thing, aren’t they? 

I mean, look at all the players we’ve got here. There’s got to be a reason why our players can run and press so much…

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os39283/epl-2022-premier-league-most-distance-covered-this-season-statistics-opta-data

5D1C4619-EE70-4CF6-8167-F7698D95281D.jpeg

So, we don't run further than other teams. And we don't run faster than them, either.

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/who-new-fastest-player-premier-league-following-departure-adama-traore 

And we certainly don't recover from injuries any quicker.

What do our PEDs actually do?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So, we don't run further than other teams. And we don't run faster than them, either.

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/who-new-fastest-player-premier-league-following-departure-adama-traore 

Shit you’re right! Can we get our money back?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Promote Evertonian Derangement Syndrome?

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Make the VAR hallucinate us penalties. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You could ask Gylfi.

I'd be all for spreading out the European cash more across more clubs and more countries, making all of the European competitions have a bit more variance to them. It is kinda boring to see the same clubs in the Champions League quarters every single season.

But we all know the real reason that thread was posted, and it's got nothing to do with seeing Bayern, PSG, the Madrid sides, Chelsea, City etc do well every year in Europe. If they were finishing 8th-10th every year but we were finishing bottom half I doubt they'd even realise the Champions League existed.