You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Unless I am going mad the rule is losses over the previous 3 year period need to be less than £100m, so they were nearly double that in the first 2 years accounts anyway which only had a 3 month covid issue, so the wallop about this year's covid losses is a complete blue herring ?

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Unless I am going mad the rule is losses over the previous 3 year period need to be less than £100m, so they were nearly double that in the first 2 years accounts anyway which only had a 3 month covid issue, so the wallop about this year's covid losses is a complete blue herring ?

It's adjusted losses, you can exclude things like Women's football and youth development, covid losses, expenditure for infrastructure and development.

They've still exceeded it overall but not by as much as the overall losses they've made. That's why they've had the credit card taken away from them and can only spend under agreement from the premier league.

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Ev are clearly wasting millions upon millions on web design. Should have just banged out a word document like Villa did. 

That’s what you do when you know you’re presenting rubbish - make it pretty and bluff your way through.

15 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

How the fuck is their turnover so low? If 140 odd million is from TV money they are only managing to make 50 million or so from tickets, shirt sales, merchandise and sponsorship.

It's actually kind of impressive how they seem to be managing to produce so little income.  

They’ve spent 2 decades plus telling fans from outside the city not to support them. Might have something to do with it.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Cheeky twats have spent enough money over the last few years to have two full squads, don't be bitching and pointing blame because that money has been shat straight down the grid.

And yes, as someone else said, it needs at least 14 teams to get it passed so hardly a conspiracy.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

But... there must have been at least 14 clubs who agreed with this. So why is he whining about the top 6?

Everything is a conspiracy to ‘keep Everton in their place.’ The application of your facts and logic have no place here.

Also, the comments in that Twitter post are mental, they all mention the "Scab 6" and us wanting to leave the Premier League when everyone knows that wasn't the case, the Super League was to replace the CL (irrelevantto Everton anyway). A few people did mention it in comments and even the fact that it needed 14 clubs to agree, of course this was simply ignored and on they plough with their version of the truth.

And let's not pretend that the corinthians of the game would still be fuming and standing up for the integrity of the sport if they (and don't laugh here) were invited to be part of it.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I think 5 subs will advantage the bigger squads. Klopo has shown the impact of being able to make triple substitutions like on champ man recently. 

I think it made sense when the game were being squeezed in after months of covid, not sure it does now. 

Not that I'm bothered if it causes Everton fume 

I think it will help all teams manage their squads next season when we inexplicably have a World Cup bang in the middle of it.

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

As far as I read we are the only outlier in the main Euro leagues who don’t have it

And Norwich, Burnley, Watford and Everton have far more resources than the likes of Greuther Furth, Levante, Salernitana, Zwolle, Bordeaux and Belenenses

Everton have had one league game a week and hardly any cup games for the last 5 years with no European football.

Their shiteness gives them an advantage over other more successful clubs who play virtually 2 games a week for the majority of the season but they are still fucking shite having more recovery time and spending £500m. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I think 5 subs will advantage the bigger squads. Klopo has shown the impact of being able to make triple substitutions like on champ man recently. 

I think it made sense when the game were being squeezed in after months of covid, not sure it does now. 

Not that I'm bothered if it causes Everton fume 

The flip side is that the smaller clubs, who are less able to deal with injuries to key players, will be able to manage them better, to avoid losing them long-term.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The flip side is that the smaller clubs, who are less able to deal with injuries to key players, will be able to manage them better, to avoid losing them long-term.

Plus the ability to bring on more fresh legs when they're trying to hang on to a result and have spent three-quarters of the game chasing and closing down.  

• Like 1