You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, dylstar said:

Shame...RIP...20220323_100857.jpg

We are saddened by the news that our former player and coach Terry Darracott has passed away at the age of 71. 

Terry was an incredibly popular figure in the game and will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him. Our thoughts are with Terry's family and friends .

A good bloke.

• Upvote 3

Does it serve any other purpose? Anything positive for them, such as storage? Or is it just a folly monument to them living their lives in relation to LFC? 

How much did it cost? What was the design brief for the architect/builder/engineer for this vital addition to the Old Lady? Are there design standards to be adhered to for things constructed purely to block the view of the "neighbours' attic conversion"?

Are we all sending our bluenose mates and colleagues mouse mats and other customised stationery with pictures of Andros Townsend in pain, face down on the Selhurst Park turf printed onto them? 

I mean ACL injuries were just SOOOOOO funny a year or so ago and this is how we reacted to them? 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/23/everton-andros-townsend-to-miss-rest-of-season-cruciate-knee-injury

21 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Does it serve any other purpose? Anything positive for them, such as storage? Or is it just a folly monument to them living their lives in relation to LFC? 

It’s almost big enough to store those bolt cutters. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

How much did it cost? What was the design brief for the architect/builder/engineer for this vital addition to the Old Lady? Are there design standards to be adhered to for things constructed purely to block the view of the "neighbours' attic conversion"?

From Wiki:

The term Wailing Wall is mostly used in a narrow sense for the section traditionally used by Bitters for expulsion of bile; it has also been called the "Sight Obstruction Wall", following the practice of Blueshite weeping at the sight of a big stand across the par. 

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Screenshot_20220323-181928_Facebook.jpg

Picard-Facepalm.gif

I interviewed a guy from Glasgow the other week and everything was going great and then he tried to shoehorn football in at the end, he knows someone I work with so knows I support Liverpool.

Anyhows he starts saying what a great season we're having, hoping we do well etc and then i say 'go on then, you Rangers or Celtic?' biting when i should have stayed professional.

He says 'A bit of both really'

'Thanks for your time today, don't call us. we'll call you'

What a way to blow an interview.

• Upvote 2

As a side from that twitter lads name, my brother in law from Belfast told me his mum made his dad change his surname by one letter from Mallen to Mallon before she would marry him  as this was the Catholic spelling and it was a rare mixed marriage back in the day. A lot of his family never spoke to him again over this.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I interviewed a guy from Glasgow the other week and everything was going great and then he tried to shoehorn football in at the end, he knows someone I work with so knows I support Liverpool.

Anyhows he starts saying what a great season we're having, hoping we do well etc and then i say 'go on then, you Rangers or Celtic?' biting when i should have stayed professional.

He says 'A bit of both really'

'Thanks for your time today, don't call us. we'll call you'

What a way to blow an interview.

How do you make a ouija board? 

Take away his jellies 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dylstar said:

Shame...RIP...20220323_100857.jpg

We are saddened by the news that our former player and coach Terry Darracott has passed away at the age of 71. 

Terry was an incredibly popular figure in the game and will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him. Our thoughts are with Terry's family and friends .

Ah no, that's awful news, a mate of my cousins was a cousin of Terry, lovely fella by all accounts.

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

They operated on a Norwich budget last summer. Even the players they signed in January were offset by sales (Digne and James). 

If they are forced to sell Calvert-Lewin, Richarlson, Gray and a couple of their other less shit players and have to cope with what they have or free signings, they really could be fucked.

You hate to see it, you really do. 

Lampard won’t get a tune out of them either. They should have bought back Allerdyce - they are made for each other. The Ev are just too delusional to see it. 

A ‘Norwich budget’ overstates things. Norwich spent a net £23m this season; Everton made a profit of £6m. 
Obviously it’s never quite as simple as that, but Everton’s departures included the best-paid player in their history leaving on a free. The cupboard is bare. 
But, of course, they’ll continue to moan about Rafa signing Rondon because that’s where the problem lies…

12 hours ago, Scott_M said:

They operated on a Norwich budget last summer. Even the players they signed in January were offset by sales (Digne and James). 

If they are forced to sell Calvert-Lewin, Richarlson, Gray and a couple of their other less shit players and have to cope with what they have or free signings, they really could be fucked.

You hate to see it, you really do. 

Lampard won’t get a tune out of them either. They should have bought back Allerdyce - they are made for each other. The Ev are just too delusional to see it. 

I dont watch many of their games, but my impression is Docoure is their most important player.

14 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I dont watch many of their games, but my impression is Docoure is their most important player.

He's one of their better players. Godfrey is decent as well. I can't see it at all with Richarlison, he's a sulky little wanker who thinks he's better than he is. Calvert-Lewin just needs service. I do rate Gordon as a young decent player even though he's snide. Holgate is as shit as he deserves to be the lying little prick.